Looking back at the Top Leader Award

boubabi

wKI4gvP.png

First of, I would like to thanks anyone who voted for me for this award. It's always cool to get rewarded for something you and I'm very grateful. Actually, it's the first time I do win this award, where this award was always given to the members like prime time @Green or primetime @Phil. I've been here since S32, with my first player in Niklas Lindberg, and the difference between S32ish boubabi and S53ish boubabi  is subtle but is there. With Cornerstone, at least, I think I'm a little bit less ''aggressive''  as a member, and even if I still have a strong opinion about a lot of thing, I won't go shit on the board more often. The proof being that I haven't got into a argument with @Kendrick for a long time, so there's that. One other reason where I think I didn't won the award before is, most of my time here was as a GM, is naming himself as a team captain, while being a GM, isn't looking too good, publicly.

As a team leader, I think I've been consistent though. I've been loyal, vocal and passionate since day 1 and I think I'm a decent addition to any locker room, but again, it's the first time I've been awarded with the top leader award. Even with Karnage, I thought that this award was simply a popularity vote, and you need to be more passive on the board to get some vote, or a very active LR to back your case. Honestly, I think this vote as been a Helsinki LR vs the NYA LR battle really. If not, I would like to know who vote (or didn't vote for me) and why, because again, this award is still a bit mysterious to me how how to win/lose it.

Plus, being a public vote, the popularity factor is even stronger...plus you have some chance to see some odd voting (it's not a personal attack, but from what I saw, Rodriguez was pretty much semi-active this season and he still got a decent amount of votes, which is absurd for this kind of voting.) Lets be honest, this XM Radio isn't very structured, but it's just me speaking about my thoughts.

To close this, I would like to propose something to the league. Like the builder HoF introduction, the league likes to introduce some members in the HoF to thanks them for their contribution to the league, and I think we can reproduce this ''ceremony'' as an seaso naward really. My proposition being, each team, at the end of the season, names 1 member for this award a gives a little summary of why they are nominating this member for the top leader award, it could be because of his contribution to the LR, or just as a member on the board. Then, at the award show, the leagues gives the top leader award to 3 members, just to ''Thanks'' them for what they achieved as a global effort. We see this kind of award in the NHl and in the junior level, so I really think we can reproduce that.

I need to go play some online bloodborne, so I'll end on that, but I would be more than open to have an open discussion about this and what we can do to make this award a little bit more relevant

Edited by boubabi

I think we have a good group of underrated Captains in this league. All members who you initially wouldn't think of too. But congrats Boubabi, I think you, Digital and Snatch are going to have some battles for this as time goes on, especially with @jRuutu lurking. People forget he won the awards with New York seasons ago on his last player.