2017 NHL Playoffs Discussion

Higgins

1 hour ago, Higgins said:

Pavelski - Thornton - Karlsson or Lebanc is a great 1st line

Sharks have very good depth. That 2nd line has some pretty sweet chemistry now with the two danes.

Hansen - Hertl - Boedker

Joel Ward

It begins tonight the best 2 months of hockey. If you haven't done your VHL NHL Playoff predictions get them in, 1st place takes home 8 TPE and 5 TPE if you predict the correct cup winner.

With 5 games on tonight what;s everyone watching?

I'll probably watch the beginning of Habs game because they always have hype playoff intros even though I hate the team. Then switch to Sens or Pens and end up on whatever of the 3 games is close.

I have no interest in MIN/STL

So the late game will be all SJ/EDM

I think I'll check out the entire Habs/Rangers game. As well as probably San Jose and Edmonton when that is done. I have to see how that team looks on home ice in the playoffs. That fanbase is probably going to be fun to watch. 

4 minutes ago, gregreg said:

Washington had that game and they let it slip away. GO LEAFS GO!!! #DARTGUY

As is always the case in the playoffs, and is the most openly know secret of all; in the playoffs you don't have to beat the Caps to win. You just have to show enough effort that the Caps panic and beat themselves. That is always the most heartbreaking aspect of it all as Caps fans too. You know that there is no chance this team plays the way it can for sixty minutes because as much as the players all deny the pressure, and how it effects the way they play, the results speak different on the ice. 

I figured we weren't going to go into panic mode until the second round, but it appears like it's time to choke out in the first instead. Good for the Leafs though, although I mean the Pens are going to fucking absolutely merc them in four in the second round the way the Caps could've/would've/should've. 

1 minute ago, Devise said:

As is always the case in the playoffs, and is the most openly know secret of all; in the playoffs you don't have to beat the Caps to win. You just have to show enough effort that the Caps panic and beat themselves. That is always the most heartbreaking aspect of it all as Caps fans too. You know that there is no chance this team plays the way it can for sixty minutes because as much as the players all deny the pressure, and how it effects the way they play, the results speak different on the ice. 

I figured we weren't going to go into panic mode until the second round, but it appears like it's time to choke out in the first instead. Good for the Leafs though, although I mean the Pens are going to fucking absolutely merc them in four in the second round the way the Caps could've/would've/should've. 

#Capsin3

Can we talk about the play by play guys? Every single Rogers announcer fucking sucks and TVA's suck too fuck Patrick Lalime. Bob Cole is good tho. Gary Galley hates the Habs more than I could ever like them, which is syaing a lot.

I used to think TSN sucked but I would pay good $$ to have a tsn broadcast, and especially RDS

Edited by Tyler

For me it's the opposite he just sounds like hockey and he doesn't say nearly as much dumb shit as Paul Romanauk does

Hughson is okay but as the main guy I just don't get it... there has to be someone better. Cuthburt?

Bob Cole should've retired years ago because he is just way too monotone. Romanuk should stick to doing TSN's Fishing show 30 minutes a week. Hughson is exciting because he actually builds his voice with the height in the play. Galley sucks so much, I remember when the Jets/Ducks series happened two years ago and you wouldn't even know that the Jets were playing because he talked up Perry like he was Gretzky. Rick Ball is good but there is a guy named Jon Abbott who does games on the West coast who CBC should've hired. Abbott below:

1 hour ago, Higgins said:

Meh not as bad as Kelly Hrudy or Cassie Campbell doing colour commentary. Just brutal lol

I find Hrudy is alright in the intermissions (better than Kypreos anyway) but I agree

it's bad when Don Cherry has become one of the more in touch people on hnic