Claimed: An early mock draft - First Round

hedgehog337

ws0lmp.jpg

*See? It's still early to predict.*

I promised Escobar I'm going to do an early mock draft - and I'll deliver it.

NOTE: This is based only on current standings.

1. CALGARY WRANGLERS

D - Felix Savard, 129 TPE @Frank

That's a no-brainer IMO. Right now Felix is the hardest TPE earner out of all draftees and I think @eaglesfan036 won't let him to other team. I know Frank loves QCM and this team has a quite interesting storyline with Calgary, but I think this won't stop Calgary's GM from drafting this talent.

2. DAVOS DYNAMO

D - Dexter Lane, 78 TPE @Advantage

I assume @Smarch still isn't looking for welfare players, so Dexter is another no-brainer. Advantage isn't a TPE whore, but who wants to let the veteran member to another teams when you can do it before them? Especially when Davos has only Pablo at the blue line. Also, Trombone (GM's player) is a forward.

3. TORONTO LEGION (VIA SEATTLE)

RW - Fuk D. World, 90 TPE @stevo

Stevo was a part of Toronto's three-peat. Also, the current Toronto GM is his long-time teammate, @DollarAndADream. Is there any questions? Yes, FDW is a welfare player, but Stevo's previous two players weren't different and I'm sure DAAD won't look at his TPE earning style.

4. COLOGNE EXPRESS

LW - Xavier Laflamme, 52 TPE @Laflamme

After these three, this draft is about to be unpredictable. Right now I'm putting Laflamme as the 4th pick as Escobar already had a solid player in past and looks like his second attempt is successful as well. @gregreg pretty much needs everyone, besides the goalie and I think Laflamme is good enough to be considered as the player for the lottery pick.

5. TORONTO LEGION

C - Rudy Ying, 54 TPE @punkhippie

This player is another contender for being a lottery pick draftee. He actually started with a bang and even managed to retire one player already. Maybe that's why I'm putting him lower than Laflamme. But no matter what, this player should be high on draft standings if he will continue in that way.

6. RIGA REIGN

G - Key Perought, 46 TPE @NUCK or G - Eddie King, 38 TPE @Mr Bohannan

I need a goalie, period. There are two goalies and both of them are active and this is most interesting rivalry for me as I'm expecting a skyrocket progress from both. Right now I'm more interested in King as Bohannan actually is Latvian IRL, but Bubba ''What the fuck'' Nuck has a lots of time to turn things around to his favor.

7. QUEBEC CITY MEUTE

D - Nicodemus Raven, 57 TPE @Fowll

We all know how Frank is a wildcard guy. So I think he's going to take a risk on Raven. Yes, Fowll's main flaw is his English, but if he won't give up on this he can become a solid defenseman. Also, Quebec will need a D soon as Komarov is about to retire after 1.5 seasons, so actually it's not a really risky pick.

8. HELSINKI TITANS

C - Jake Scheel, 55 TPE @MD9

I know @Higgins likes the VHLM and he likes to help some first-gen guys. And here comes Jake Scheel who managed to outwork most of S55 draftees in one day. That's a bold statement and if he's going to continue in that style, he could change a late first round pick to something higher.

9. CALGARY WRANGLERS (VIA NEW YORK)

RW - Les Clarke, 56 TPE @AwfulHomesick

His last player was shining in the VHL a while ago, but I think it's enough for the first round as his Olynick was a solid goalie. I don't know if he's going to create something HoF worthy player, but seems like he's interested to make a good player. Eagles is going to like it then.

10. SEATTLE BEARS (VIA STOCKHOLM)

C - Corey Klopfenstein, 52 TPE @crutchfield

That's already a solid effort from a member who was struggling to make at least a depth VHLM player. Right now Corey is looking promising and @Banackock might be looking at this guy as well.

That's it, but I'm not out. Something is gonna be released next.

6 TPE goes to Petenis.

4 minutes ago, Frank said:

Pretty disappointed my player is the highest rated at this point. Hope that changes by seasons end. 

There are a lot of promising draftees, but you created your player before the VHLM draft. And everyboy knows you're good with earning TPE. Makes sense you're the highest rated player.

Edited by hedgehog337

14 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Agreed 100%

Even taking into account recreates from now until the deadline, I wouldn't be surprised if I was the first forward chosen, and I expect to be one of the first three forward picks in the draft.

3 minutes ago, punkhippie said:

Even taking into account recreates from now until the deadline, I wouldn't be surprised if I was the first forward chosen, and I expect to be one of the first three forward picks in the draft.

Yes but given he is a First Generation member who has been pumping out some great stuff, that value is above a lot of things.

11 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Yes but given he is a First Generation member who has been pumping out some great stuff, that value is above a lot of things.

No disrespect but will see how long it lasts. Christian McKenzie died off after a RP on his first day.

1 minute ago, punkhippie said:

No disrespect but will see how long it lasts. Christian McKenzie died off after a RP on his first day.

I mean I get where you're coming from, but if I were you I'd just worry about your player seeing as your history with players hasn't been stellar either.

Just now, Kendrick said:

I mean I get where you're coming from, but if I were you I'd just worry about your player seeing as your history with players hasn't been stellar either.

Can't wait for VHLSC #2 and see Rudi Ying have one of the biggest TPE gains on the board.

1 hour ago, STZ said:

If Scheel is there at 8 then @MD9 went inactive.. Right now probably the most exciting prospect that's Draft eligible..

I'm kinda careful with puting him higher right now. I mean +35 TPE in two days is impressive, but let's see if he can live up to the hype.