Maxwell disappointed with results, unsure of future

scoop

Diana Maxwell had another strong showing in the regular season, leading the league in goals and points, but New York ultimately finished second in North America behind the Meute. The playoffs went as the regular season would suggest, with New York quickly taking out Toronto, and then falling to Quebec, this ending the Americans' hopes for a third straight championship.

Maxwell has a player option for Season 55, and it is unlikely that she will pick it up.  Speaking on this, and of the playoffs, she had this to say:

"The playoffs were a disappointment. Coming into the season I knew we would struggle given our lack of depth on defense, but I still thought we could at least put up more of a fight than we did against Quebec.

I don't know where I'll be next season. Right now I'm leaning toward free agency, but that certainly doesn't rule out the possibility of a return. I still love this team, but I have to look out for what is in my best interest."

For Maxwell

On 5/22/2017 at 3:40 AM, The Trollfecta said:

I think I ruined any chance of that happening

Nah mate we cool. Me not going to Helsinki wouldn't be strictly because anything you've done.