WWE/General ProWres Thread

Toast

I'm honestly thinking the Punk thing is a work too. There's no way he would leave right after the rumble. He'll make a return at WM for sure, if not they could drag it out and make it even better - but considering their idea of the viewers attention span they probably think 2 months is long enough to keep Punk out for.

The whole, "if it was a work they would play it out like it was". Well yeah, that's what bad booking would predict. If they were to do it properly they would sweep it under the rug, hell even take out all reference to Punk from their website and all that jazz. Then just let the internet roll with it. If they were smart they would even let this drag on for longer than WM. 

WWE is a business, and as much as they might want to deny it, Punk, Bryant, and all the other Indy guys are the one's most prepared for their company. Experience>Looks. There's no way they would let Punk walk.

If it's not a work, and it's real.. They'll get him back and treat it like an angle anyways..

You basically vote down and vote up a wrestler until there is one left. Its an activity promoter 

Oh I see. So it starts with like 2 wrestlers, then each time someone posts they add one who starts with the same number (5) and if someone gets voted down to zero they get removed from the list? 

Oh I see. So it starts with like 2 wrestlers, then each time someone posts they add one who starts with the same number (5) and if someone gets voted down to zero they get removed from the list? 

Sort of. It starts with say...100 Wrestlers and they get voted up or down. If they hit 0 the next person doesn't include them in the list.

Sure but I don't think we should start with 100. Start with 10, whenever somebody gets eliminated, if they drop to zero on your post you get to choose to add a new wrestler who hasn't been on the list yet. This allows for people to come back and post again after they already have. On top of that, maybe make it so you can only up vote and down vote one wrestler each per post. That way it turns it into a real spammy game that creates tons of posts. 

I'm honestly thinking the Punk thing is a work too. There's no way he would leave right after the rumble. He'll make a return at WM for sure, if not they could drag it out and make it even better - but considering their idea of the viewers attention span they probably think 2 months is long enough to keep Punk out for.

The whole, "if it was a work they would play it out like it was". Well yeah, that's what bad booking would predict. If they were to do it properly they would sweep it under the rug, hell even take out all reference to Punk from their website and all that jazz. Then just let the internet roll with it. If they were smart they would even let this drag on for longer than WM. 

WWE is a business, and as much as they might want to deny it, Punk, Bryant, and all the other Indy guys are the one's most prepared for their company. Experience>Looks. There's no way they would let Punk walk.

If it's not a work, and it's real.. They'll get him back and treat it like an angle anyways..

It would create an interesting Indy vs WWE angle too. Won't be attitude style, but it could be great.

OMFG It's not a damn work. Both Vince McMahon and CM Punk both have stated this is not a story. Punk needs a break and he deserves one. He should be main event or been champ, He needs a break and I'm sure we will see him in WWE again but god damn its not a work guys

Sure but I don't think we should start with 100. Start with 10, whenever somebody gets eliminated, if they drop to zero on your post you get to choose to add a new wrestler who hasn't been on the list yet. This allows for people to come back and post again after they already have. On top of that, maybe make it so you can only up vote and down vote one wrestler each per post. That way it turns it into a real spammy game that creates tons of posts. 

Uhhhh I don't think you understand the game completely. You only do get to up vote and down vote once each post. We will start with 10 wrestlers and if you eliminate someone in your post then you have to add a wrestler on. Wrestlers will be from every era!

I didn't watch Raw tonight.. Why were everyone hyped about Byron Saxton on Twitter? (Ring Announcer/Commentator on NXT & Ziggler's rookie on NXT S3)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Commissioner

I guess the WWE has decided that bringing back more retired guys for wrestlemania is still the plan. The Rock for two straight years and Hogan this year.

As long as they keep him away from fighting it might work but I'm still not fond of having him back after so long in TNA but oh well.

I am excited about the rumors of Sting being negotiated. It's all happened before but he doesn't have a contract with anyone right now. We might be able to finally get the Undertaker vs. Sting match that has forever been a wish.

Hogan will be back as a host and only a host. More or less he'll be something along the lines of the GM of raw or something like that. Undertaker is 90% facing Brock Lesner at WM. That is all but confirmed right now but Undertaker will be back on Raw tomorrow so we'll find out sooner than later.

• Commissioner

Strangle enough I don't think they'll do Lesnar Vs The Streak. The angle is there but Lesnar isn't a good opponent for taker for a number of reasons.

1) Undertaker gets his opponents for WM on a strict rehearsal schedule, usually down at his personal gym. It's part of why Taker's WM matches are so good. Lesnar doesn't have the work ethic required to go through it.

2) Scripted of not Lesnar has a really rough style. It's well documented that people hate fighting him because of it. With how rough of shape Taker's in they wouldn't risk his health further by putting him up against Lesnar. Especially considering the two guys legitimately don't like each other.

While I hope for a Sting encounter with the Undertaker at Wrestlemania I know it won't happen . I also loved his matches at mania with Triple H but they won't go there again. I'd also really enjoy a Mick Foley return to fight Taker since they've had amazing matches before. Again though, that's unfortunately not in the cards.

I'm predicting they put Cena up against Taker at Mania. They can work a storyline between Batista and Orton better than Batista and Cena IMO so no reason to give Cena the title tonight. With that in mind, however, he'll always be billed near the top of the WM card so a match against the Undertaker makes sense.

Plus, as much as I hate Cena, he does work hard and isn't a terrible guy to step into the ring with apparently. That fixes the above mentioned reasons as to why Lesnar wouldn't work.

Edited by Beketov

• Commissioner

These are your top three matches for Mania whether you like it or not sadly....

Orton vs. Batista

Bryan vs. HHH

Lesnar vs. Taker

If that's the case It's going to be the worst streak match in a long time and taker's likely going to suffer some pretty major injuries which I'd rather not see.