WWE/General ProWres Thread

Toast

There have been multiple Wrestlemania occasions where a match was supposed to ''main event'' but it never occurred. I still don't think the title match will close the show, but perhaps I will be wrong.

Obviously I would love to see Bryan win the belt, but people stating that going over HHH at mania isn't a big deal, are kidding themselves. HHH lets very few wrestlers defeat him, yet alone at Mania.  

There have been multiple Wrestlemania occasions where a match was supposed to ''main event'' but it never occurred. I still don't think the title match will close the show, but perhaps I will be wrong.

Obviously I would love to see Bryan win the belt, but people stating that going over HHH at mania isn't a big deal, are kidding themselves. HHH lets very few wrestlers defeat him, yet alone at Mania.  

It would be a big deal, but it would be much less of a big deal than crowning a champ and ending a 6 month storyline.

If they do something along the lines of Bryan facing Triple H, and if he wins he's including in the main event later that night I'd be down for that. Triple H gets his "Hey everyone look at me!" moment, and Bryan gets two mania matches and a title. Other than that I don't like Bryan fighting Triple H. He needs to be in the main event.

Strangle enough I don't think they'll do Lesnar Vs The Streak. The angle is there but Lesnar isn't a good opponent for taker for a number of reasons.

1) Undertaker gets his opponents for WM on a strict rehearsal schedule, usually down at his personal gym. It's part of why Taker's WM matches are so good. Lesnar doesn't have the work ethic required to go through it.

I don't know if Lesnar has changed, but when he was in the UFC his training was ridiculous.... I remember seeing a few behind the scenes of him back before he was champion there and his work ethic was amazing.

• Commissioner

I don't know if Lesnar has changed, but when he was in the UFC his training was ridiculous.... I remember seeing a few behind the scenes of him back before he was champion there and his work ethic was amazing.

In UFC he has to actually defend himself. He knows in the WWE that no one is going to be out to put him on the shelf so his work ethic is apparently quite terrible.

The other difference is that it's training for the UFC, it's rehearsing for a match with taker. He's never been known much for practicing matches so we'll see how this goes.

I have a hunch it's gonna be a heated match but quality wise it won't come near Taker's Best mania ones.

Who watched NXT arRIVAL yesterday?

I'm watching it right now and.. Paige vs Emma is better than a lot of matches (by superstars) on RAW and Smackdown.

*Zayn

Always is. They know each other since what.. more than 10 years? The chemistry between those two is unbelievable.

There are rumors that they are going to add a NXT match (on the main card) at Wrestlemania.. Really hoping they're going to do a Money In The Bank/Battle Royal kinda thing for a RAW/SD contract. Seeing Zayn, Neville, Dallas, Breeze, Amore ,etc in this kind of match would be AWESOME.

*Zayn

Always is. They know each other since what.. more than 10 years? The chemistry between those two is unbelievable.

There are rumors that they are going to add a NXT match (on the main card) at Wrestlemania.. Really hoping they're going to do a Money In The Bank/Battle Royal kinda thing for a RAW/SD contract. Seeing Zayn, Neville, Dallas, Breeze, Amore ,etc in this kind of match would be AWESOME.

Yeah Generico and Claudio have known each other well. Sorry I can't spell the stupid WWE name replacements correctly. :P I still wish WWE wouldn't of let Hero go, but NXT looks like a hybrid between Indy and WWE style to be honest. Neville aka Pac is legit although you can tell he's been "WWEified" a bit. Put on a bunch of mass and works a bit slower than what I am used to seeing from him. But as cool as it would be to see a big NXT thing I think it'd be smarter for them to run tournaments on NXT until they got down to two. Then the final two face off at mania for the contract. 

today's episode is going to be one to watch for the crowd alone. I remember every time they are there the arena gets LOUD like louder than any superstar in any place. Only place that contends with it is Seattle for Bryan.

I just want to hear Punk's theme tonight.

Even if it's just a heel who's mocking the crowd or actually Punk coming out. I really want to hear the pop.

He either opens to show, or interrupts batista or orton or HHH. If nothing happens in either of those, he's not coming back.

If he isn't showing up I could easily see WWE having his theme hit and Barret come out. That'd be pretty hilarious to be honest. 

This show has been so well done considering the circumstances. Crowd control is unbelievable in this so far. Last match on right now. If Punk doesn't come out I don't know what to expect. Shit might go down. The Paul section was excellently done.

Edited by 8Ovechkin8

Fucking awful. Just fucking awful. Bryan vs HHH at mania instead of Bryan in the title match, no Punk back. I just can't handle this fucking trolling anymore by this company that has zero understanding of how to properly book the actual talented people on it's roster. Ugh. 

I'm done. I spent far too much on this recent cycle of the WWE when I should of known the god damn end result. Sick of the trolling of this company, sick of the bullshit, sick of the fake outs and being worked to tease to a return that isn't happening. I always take breaks from watching WWE because it always fucks every interesting story line right up. So screw it. Done watching, skipping Mania will read results. I did this last year and went nearly 8 months where I wasn't watching and I'll do it again this year. Eventually I'm just going to stop all together. 

All this company does is continue to fuck up every good thing it ever creates for stupid selfish reasons. Can't handle it. Corporate wrestling is what it is. Soulless, devoid of any real awesome moments. Might as well be scripted and made by a god damn machine.