WWE/General ProWres Thread

Toast

That sounds hilariously awful Yeah! Glad they ditched it.

The dirt sheets following every single move Punk makes is starting to get a little annoying. It is becoming more and more clear that Punk is simply done with wrestling all together. Don't see why him attending a UFC event is somehow news anymore. Let the man live his life I think. Going to have to accept the fact as fans that he is done, doesn't care about WWE or wrestling any longer and isn't at all interested in the payday. If he was he'd of returned in Chicago where I'm sure WWE offered him tons of cash to show up. Seems he is sitting pretty well off financially so I think letting it rest would be the best option. 

I was at a family party dinner last week, and there were several speeches. During the round of applause for something stated, or the end of a speech, I did the yes chant! My other cousin who is a wrestling fan followed suit, and everyone was wondering if we were high on something!

Latest twist to the DB match is pretty good. If HHH wins he's in the title match.

My prediction, DB wins, HHH interferes in Championship match b/c he's bitter. Batista wins.

ORRRRR

Bryan wins vs HHH with interference from the Shield as they recently have turned baby face. HHH tries to screw over bryan in the title match, shield helps again. Bryan wins, has his pop, shield wrecks bryan.

Edited by 8Ovechkin8

HHH possibility is just to swerve fans, and remove the predictability from the match. The way this is being built, its quite evident Bryan is winning both matches.

• 2 weeks later...

I love how that passes for smart booking these days. Just book so retarded it pisses your fan base off. They'll still tune in. :P

Sadly I wouldn't be surprised to see HHH win both matches either. On another note, didn't watch but from those I spoke to who did RAW looked solid. Anyone here have any thoughts? 

See the IWC isn't their entire fan base lol. Id like to see HHH win just for the shock value. It's wrestling, as long as I feel any reaction (anger or happiness) I consider them doing a job well done. If I simply don't care at the end (Survivor Series Big Show vs Orton; I was there in Boston and it was BAD.) Wasn't upset or happy, was moreso looking forward to go home at that point. Which is bad, since I'm a huge fucking wrestling mark. 

On another note:

does anyone else have and love the wwe network? 

• 2 weeks later...

See the IWC isn't their entire fan base lol. Id like to see HHH win just for the shock value. It's wrestling, as long as I feel any reaction (anger or happiness) I consider them doing a job well done. If I simply don't care at the end (Survivor Series Big Show vs Orton; I was there in Boston and it was BAD.) Wasn't upset or happy, was moreso looking forward to go home at that point. Which is bad, since I'm a huge fucking wrestling mark. 

On another note:

does anyone else have and love the wwe network? 

It isn't about the "entire fan base" as it is consistent and logical booking. Bryans story has to end with him holding the title. It makes the most business sense and creative sense. Just because it's predictable doesn't make it not smart and or good. Honestly I could care less at this point if he gets a year reign like Punk did. He just has to have his moment. 

No wrestling story ever was conceived with "face gets beat down every week build up and then face never wins in the end." It makes no sense. If the purpose of the Bryan story was to get HHH over...that also makes no sense. HHH is a heel part time wrestling authority figure, one who is close to retirement, already is an established name and his drawing power isn't at all what it used to be. What purpose does it serve? None.

Anyway, Homesick despite all my best efforts I can't not be intrigued about watching tonight. I haven't watched a RAW in a while just been reading up but I'll watch Mania due to the free access to WWE Network and because why the hell not. If Bryan can get his moment tonight it'll be cool. Wyatt/Cena also has probably the best build of most of the matches so I'm intrigued by that. The appearances by Austin and Rock could be interesting. Still sucks to see the mid card thrown all in that Battle Royal though. Wish some of those talents could get storylines and show really how well they have developed at the big stage. 

My buddy wants me to watch Wrestlemania with him at the Galaxy tonight.  I'm not big on the idea because

A.  It's $30

B.  I have homework and other life important things I should be doing

C.  It will probably cut into my Game of Thrones watching time.

how do you still have free access to the network? They ended their free week thing a week before WM. Unless you have different ways..... THEN HELP A BROTHER OUT.

Friend letting me use his account.

That was a squash if I ever saw one. Bryan/HHH was a good opener though. Took some time, HHH threw out some great stuff like a Tiger Suplex. But man the Shield just totally went over the others. 

Dear god only Show and Sheamus got entrances? Everyone just thrown in the ring at once. TERRIBLE usage of the mid card right now. Almost disgraceful....

I was okay with it, I wanna get home for the start of GOT. And that match was awesome.