Claimed: What's going on with VHLM? Part 3.

Cut the VHLM?  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

shruglife_fullpic_1.jpg

*The whole article*

Like an hour ago, I was complaining about my struggle to make an article and this one shouldn't be something informative, because I'll just try to write 500 words for 6 TPE. So prepare for a chaotic article without much sense in it.

We all can agree that the VHL league isn't having the best time as the activity isn't spectacular. The same goes to VHLM league - I'm not seeing a lot of discussion going in game threads and I don't see much fresh faces involved into this thing...well, only @MD9 and @Eggy216 are the only guys who are doing PT's, I guess. Both of them actually are playing in the Saskatoon Wild team, so perhaps it's @Corco who's doing the magic. But the league still is struggling to maintain attention. Also, there are some persons who are not seeing the future of this league. Like @Devise, @TheLastOlympian07 or @BobertZ. I mean, Robbie's articles about VHLM probably are just troll, but still.

I'll try to name some VHLM's pros and cons:

PROS

More TPE.  Well, a member can get more TPE from sim attendances and Achievement Tracker, so that's extra 30-40 TPE in a season. Which is decent amount and it can make a quicker transition to the VHL league.

Having more ice time.  That can happen if you're signing with a sucky team, but if a member wants to see his player in action, this actually isn't a bad thing to have. Not a pro for everybody, but whatever.

CONS

Boring.  Rookies aren't really involved into the VHLM thing, imo. Maybe it's time to do some TPE giveaways or give bonus TPE for articles like it happened in S54 (mock draft) or a PT, I don't know. Something needs to be done to spark the activity.

Short careers.  Also, I think a rookie needs to have a feeling that he can make it into the big league soon as careers are short in VHL, that's why I mentioned about giving even more TPE to rookies. Spending at least one more season in minors isn't the best thing the member wants to do with his player in an 8-season career league. Is this supposed to be a developmental league? Well, let's make it then.

So does VHLM needs to be cut off? It's not an easy question to answer as both sides will have a legit points, but I think the recruitment has a final say on it. It doesn't makes a lot of sense to have the minor league if we have no much fresh faces coming to this league. Or vice versa: we can afford to have this league with a lot of rookies in. Right now I see we can easily fill all 10 VHL teams with an active VHLM players without even expanding the big league and that's not the good news for VHLM enthusiasts, like @Higgins, VHLM Commishes and perhaps @Kendrick (?).

But I'm not saying the VHLM needs to be deleted either. Just do the recruitment job and make rookies to be involved into this thing and it might be alright.

My chaotic af article is over. That's it and I'm out.

6 TPE goes to Krīgars.

As someone that's still new here, the only thing that strikes me as odd about the VHLM is that there are a bunch of VHL rosters that have very few players, so hypothetically if you just put the VHLM players in the VHL you might actually see more rosters that are able to field more full lines without repeating players on multiple lines as the norm rather than the exception.

I've long been a VHLM loyalist, but I'm starting to come around to the line of thinking. There are easy ways to make up the TPE if you want, it's the playing time and (in a perfect world) the dedicated GMs that can help new guys get acclimated - a VHL GM probably isn't going to take the same time and care to ensure activity.

What other successful sim leagues don't have a developmental league? I don't think the VHLM is the problem, I think the problem is that the VHL is horrendous at retaining new members.

Edited by Corco

16 minutes ago, Corco said:

What other successful sim leagues don't have a developmental league? I don't think the VHLM is the problem, I think the problem is that the VHL is horrendous at retaining new members.

Is that why this is my third player and the first to get over like 50 TPE

• Corco changed the title to Claimed: What's going on with VHLM? Part 3.