Tensions rise over Peter Quill call-up

scoop

For some ridiculous reason, Trifecta and Bushito were pissy over the Dynamo calling up Peter Quill from the Oslo Storm. Trifecta claimed that Smarch was contributing to the death of the VHLM with this move, and Bushito commented that players should have to play the entire season in the VHLM to get the achievement tracker bonus. Bushito also said that this appeared to be a move made to spite Oslo, but then later mentioned that Smarch told him two hours after drafting him that he was going to be calling him up. It was a move that Davos had planned from the very beginning of the season. Bushito knew it was going to happen.

Truthfully, Bushito's part in the thread was not nearly as bad as Trifecta's. Trifecta's claim that this move is fucking over the VHLM is ridiculous. I would have to say that if this type of move is something that will negatively affect the VHLM, then there is a much bigger problem with the VHLM.

Here's the thing: the VHLM is a developmental league. Truthfully, I think this is the kind of thing that should be happening more often. It certainly shouldn't be discouraged by completely taking away the bonus eligibility for a player who doesn't play the whole season down there. Players aren't in the VHLM to help a team win. If you want to say that a team is screwed over when a team calls up a player, I guess fine, it does certainly hurt the team. But should anyone care? No. The VHLM is a league for the players, not the teams.

for mist4ke

TBH it shouldn't be allowed to call anyone up during the season at all. You claim it's a developmental league, yet you condone taking away TPE points to help someone's development. Must be fun to be a hypocrite all in one writing piece.

23 minutes ago, The Trollfecta said:

TBH it shouldn't be allowed to call anyone up during the season at all. You claim it's a developmental league, yet you condone taking away TPE points to help someone's development. Must be fun to be a hypocrite all in one writing piece.

lol

1 hour ago, The Trollfecta said:

Um...the player himself wanted to come up though. Which means he is okay losing out of the Achievement tracker. There is no other argument, that is the way it is.

31 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Um...the player himself wanted to come up though. Which means he is okay losing out of the Achievement tracker. There is no other argument, that is the way it is.

So because one player wants to throw a little bitch fit about lines, it's alright to be like alright fuck it, call me up? What kind of precedent does that set for the VHLM? Like a "Hey VHLM, I already been drafted so fuck you and your shitty league." So pretty much you want people to react how a robbie would? Great to see you condone the VHLM getting shit on. The list of disrespectful and moronic people in this forum just keeps getting longer and longer. You want to get rid of the VHLM, fine do so. Just reset the league while you are at it and move on. Or just do a complete redraft and abolish the VHLM as a whole. Don't try to shit on something that was put in place for player's development and for the player's in the minors to enjoy. You know the only people to whine about the VHLM are those assholes who have been in the league and just think they are better than everyone else. Well you know what, NO ONE is better than the next person. So just suck it up and quit being a bitch and enjoy your time in the VHLM.

18 minutes ago, The Trollfecta said:

So because one player wants to throw a little bitch fit about lines, it's alright to be like alright fuck it, call me up? What kind of precedent does that set for the VHLM? Like a "Hey VHLM, I already been drafted so fuck you and your shitty league." So pretty much you want people to react how a robbie would? Great to see you condone the VHLM getting shit on. The list of disrespectful and moronic people in this forum just keeps getting longer and longer. You want to get rid of the VHLM, fine do so. Just reset the league while you are at it and move on. Or just do a complete redraft and abolish the VHLM as a whole. Don't try to shit on something that was put in place for player's development and for the player's in the minors to enjoy. You know the only people to whine about the VHLM are those assholes who have been in the league and just think they are better than everyone else. Well you know what, NO ONE is better than the next person. So just suck it up and quit being a bitch and enjoy your time in the VHLM.

yah yah yah, the member is not happy with the VHLM but he needs to stay there for some barely useful TPE, which could result in going inactive/retirement because he's just sick of playing in minors.

13 minutes ago, The Trollfecta said:

You know the only people to whine about the VHLM are

guys who have been here for a long time so they're getting tired of same old shit.

We need to really make VHLM a rookie-only league. Giving them more minutes for AT and giving more TPE for the faster development and let these old timers to forgo the VHLM if they don't wanna play there. Cause I see even these AT and practice facility TPE doesn't really motivates them anymore.

25 minutes ago, The Trollfecta said:

Well think about it this way, if someone is not a fan of the lines and is in the VHLM; it is his right to ask to be called up. It's a developmental league and if that member feels they are not developing to their liking, they can do something about it because they were drafted. Is it worth punishing a guy for staying down if he doesn't want too? No.

Green isn't doing it as a slap to the face of the VHLM. You re literally getting angry just because you can, not that it's warranted here. I want people to react the way they feel their player's career should go. Considering this is a player simulation league and not a GM league. You literally are baffled at the disrespectful people yet you have gone out and personally attacked several in the last couple days. At what stage do you look at yourself in that same boat?

I don't see where the disconnect is here. A member wanted his player to come up because it's his player and it's his enjoyment in this league. He isn't shitting on anything actually. You would rather his player be held hostage even though it's his player? That literally is ass backwards. NO ONE is better than the next person, you are exactly right. Which is why no VHLM GM is better than a prospect and can't hold them hostage or even complain if the player wants to exercise his right in getting called up. You are contradicting yourself a lot in that paragraph.

12 minutes ago, The Trollfecta said:

I'd like some of the bullshit you are on Kendrick because who the fuck have I gone out and attacked personally? I have only said anything about the people in question about certain things.

Yeah but your wrong. If the VHLM is a development league, like you claim, then the goal is to graduate players out of it to the VHL. Period. So if a player has the TPE and wants to come up? Success. Good job VHLM, you pushed another player to the league that matters. :cheers:

Also for real, VHLM needs to go. You all realize this by now, and it's just a matter of fucking time. Sorry to tell you. 

7 minutes ago, Devise said:

Yeah but your wrong. If the VHLM is a development league, like you claim, then the goal is to graduate players out of it to the VHL. Period. So if a player has the TPE and wants to come up? Success. Good job VHLM, you pushed another player to the league that matters. :cheers:

Also for real, VHLM needs to go. You all realize this by now, and it's just a matter of fucking time. Sorry to tell you. 

So why even put a cap in place then? Just say fuck it, whenever you feel you are ready to come up, just tell me and it's all good right? Last I checked the limit of 200 was put in place that you have to hit that to be called up. It was moved from 175 to 200. Well actually the 175 is where you stop and can't add point but the 200 is in place you have to hit before coming up. Why would you want to join a team that has no chance of doing anything in the playoffs and ruin his chance at a good rookie season? There was partial success here and it shouldn't be rewarded at all.

Also the VHLM really needs to stay around. It's here for a reason. It was put in place for a reason.

1 minute ago, The Trollfecta said:

So why even put a cap in place then? Just say fuck it, whenever you feel you are ready to come up, just tell me and it's all good right? Last I checked the limit of 200 was put in place that you have to hit that to be called up. It was moved from 175 to 200. Well actually the 175 is where you stop and can't add point but the 200 is in place you have to hit before coming up. Why would you want to join a team that has no chance of doing anything in the playoffs and ruin his chance at a good rookie season? There was partial success here and it shouldn't be rewarded at all.

Also the VHLM really needs to stay around. It's here for a reason. It was put in place for a reason.

The decision to come up or not is entirely up to the player. Once they are around 175 or more, there is no reason they can't be playing in the VHL if they want too. Some choose to stay down to get more achievement tracker and try dominating the league. But considering how shit stats were in the VHLM, I don't blame @Green one bit for choosing to come up. You reap what you sow as a GM in the VHLM. If you build a team filled with players who could choose to go the VHL if they wanted to, you run the risk that they can. Everyone involved both knew since the start of the season that Quill could at any point choose to go up, as he had the TPE where it wouldn't of been a big deal. 

2 minutes ago, Devise said:

The decision to come up or not is entirely up to the player. Once they are around 175 or more, there is no reason they can't be playing in the VHL if they want too. Some choose to stay down to get more achievement tracker and try dominating the league. But considering how shit stats were in the VHLM, I don't blame @Green one bit for choosing to come up. You reap what you sow as a GM in the VHLM. If you build a team filled with players who could choose to go the VHL if they wanted to, you run the risk that they can. Everyone involved both knew since the start of the season that Quill could at any point choose to go up, as he had the TPE where it wouldn't of been a big deal. 

This is exactly why I chose to come up after failing to go for an individual focused 2nd VHLM season. What's the point in me sticking around all season when I'm averaging near nothing in points and my +/- is shit? Achievement Tracker was basically a pointless chase at that point for me. Not to mention I had to bank my TPE and not get the chance to continue to improve my player even if I wanted to.

I already helped Vegas win a championship last year, I think I earned the right to get called up if I wanted to be.

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

This is exactly why I chose to come up after failing to go for an individual focused 2nd VHLM season. What's the point in me sticking around all season when I'm averaging near nothing in points and my +/- is shit? Achievement Tracker was basically a pointless chase at that point for me. Not to mention I had to bank my TPE and not get the chance to continue to improve my player even if I wanted to.

I already helped Vegas win a championship last year, I think I earned the right to get called up if I wanted to be.

The VHLM has been out of whack for a while now. I had a 175 TPE player all season in the VHLM last year, and I only got 13 TPE from achievement tracker. Higgins even adjusted the sliders to try to fix this, that shows you how messed it's been. 

6 minutes ago, Devise said:

The VHLM has been out of whack for a while now. I had a 175 TPE player all season in the VHLM last year, and I only got 13 TPE from achievement tracker. Higgins even adjusted the sliders to try to fix this, that shows you how messed it's been. 

The VHLM isn't the problem, the lack of recruitment is the real problem.

4 minutes ago, The Trollfecta said:

The two issues aren't mutually exclusive. It's like you think that if recruitment was good the VHLM would also be perfect. Which is false. But that said, recruitment is always a problem and a priority. Period. Your not presenting some crazy revelation that people don't know about. Recruitment is always a top priority problem/thing we should focus on at all times. Period. 

But analyzing and looking at things that do and don't work outside of recruitment is fine. Players who max out attributes in the VHLM shouldn't be struggling to make max achievement tracker. The VHLM as clear by the fact that you and Bushito are throwing hissy fits doesn't like losing players because they want to be called up even with lower TPE due to how bad of a time they are having in the minors. That is in fact, not good for the VHLM. 

2 hours ago, The Trollfecta said:

Dude, the 200 Cap isn't there so that you hit it and come up. The cap is there so that if you have 200 earned TPE you go up to the VHL if you are above that cap by season start. The cap being put in place has nothing to do with if a prospect wants to come up or not. Last time you checked? You obviously never checked at all.

You're right though, the VHLM was here for a reason. It was here so players can develop before and after their draft year. If they are drafted they may wish to come up at any time in their career. It's not up to the VHLM GM to dictate when they do or don't come up. I remember people calling up players in the old days when the VHLM teams were actually linked to a VHL team. I don't think you can argue this as I don't think you have a grasp on the whole 200 Cap thing or call-ups in general.

2 hours ago, The Trollfecta said:

Recruitment is an issue. But if people cry foul over something like this than how are we supposed to keep guys around?

4 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Recruitment is an issue. But if people cry foul over something like this than how are we supposed to keep guys around?

By not allowing this to happen and for those "so called vets" to help out new members to a team and help keep them around. I mean last I checked, it's not just 1 specific person's job to help people out. It should be a league wide effort to help new people understand the league and keep them interested. What do you think a new member is going to say when they see someone getting called up just because "insert bullshit reason here". I mean the league was set in place for a reason. It wasn't meant for you to go in and want to be called up whenever you please as long as you are drafted. I could see if the Dynamo were set to make a deep playoff run and they needed the depth, but the team has 0% chance of doing anything in the playoffs. The only other reason I could see it be fit outside of the playoffs run would be to hit the cap floor. The ONLY two reasons it should be allowed.

13 minutes ago, The Trollfecta said:

By not allowing this to happen and for those "so called vets" to help out new members to a team and help keep them around. I mean last I checked, it's not just 1 specific person's job to help people out. It should be a league wide effort to help new people understand the league and keep them interested. What do you think a new member is going to say when they see someone getting called up just because "insert bullshit reason here". I mean the league was set in place for a reason. It wasn't meant for you to go in and want to be called up whenever you please as long as you are drafted. I could see if the Dynamo were set to make a deep playoff run and they needed the depth, but the team has 0% chance of doing anything in the playoffs. The only other reason I could see it be fit outside of the playoffs run would be to hit the cap floor. The ONLY two reasons it should be allowed.

Well what do you mean "those so called vets"? Because every time someone creates there are literally 3-4 vets in the thread helping out or talking to them in the chat.

It's almost like you are suggesting things that are already happening. A new member will see that it's a "Create-A-Player" league and you should have control over your player if you want. Green isn't hand cuffing his VHLM team, because the VHLM is there to develop and he feels he has developed into a VHL player now. You are literally telling us that in a league where we invite people to come play, they should have no control over their player once he is drafted.

1 hour ago, The Trollfecta said:

Are you seriously suggesting this is a "veteran members" issue? Is that the angle? So veteran members choose not to care about the VHLM by leaving it, you know to worry about their own players careers in this create a player league, like Kendrick mentioned. But then it's our fault when the VHLM can't maintain interest or activity? Last I checked each team has GM's who are supposed to be doing that. 

Veteran members contribute tons to recruitment and the league in general. It's not on @Green to determine whether or not it would be in Oslo's or the VHLM's best interest if he decides to go to the VHL after being drafted and having the TPE to be called up legitimately. He has contributed tons of players to this league and having him around at all is a bonus to us. We wouldn't expect the same out of any new member if they stick out to become a veteran either. Contribute what you can. There shouldn't be some "social license" priority to try and keep the loose ass rules of the VHLM together so that we somehow make a community out of it. 

If the VHLM isn't attracting interest on it's own merit, then it doesn't have any fucking merit. Simple as that. The rules and structure of the league should support high interest levels and activity among competing teams. It's hard enough keeping this place active and involved with the amount of committed members we have already, much less worrying about trying to make sure every veteran member on every VHLM club is somehow doing what is in the best interest of the "development" league. Just more to add to the fire imo of why the VHLM needs to go. Too many members are stepping down/calling it and we don't have the bodies to try to maintain two healthy leagues. VHLM has been unhealthy even in the best of times, at a certain point we are detriment the entire league by letting this shambles continue. 

Look at this season as perfect evidence. We've missed days of sims in the VHL because of some issues with both Jardy and our back up simmer Will being away. Yet Higgins never missed a bit. If things were one, Higgins never missing a beat would of meant the sim never missed a beat. It is beyond silly with where the league is to be dividing manpower across the board between the two leagues.