Claimed: S56 Draft - Who Will Go 2nd Overall? [1/2]

2nd Overall???

Since I most likely won't be owning a lottery pick in this draft since I traded my 1st away, I don't feel bad giving away my thoughts on this top secret information. Before we begin, what is with everyone making a defenseman lately? I feel like many of the top and lottery picks lately have been defensemen, and the high about of quality defensemen plus pretty much every team having a franchise goalie means league scoring is going to be pretty low for a while. I am actually fine with that as I enjoy some quality defensive play, but it is something interesting to look at in the future. Maybe later when I'm not lazy I will write an article and see if there are more defensemen being made recently. Now back to the salmon. 

I think the entire world would be shocked if @CowboyinAmerica wasn't selected 1st overall. He has by far the most tpe in the draft class, has a great history with his past players, and has always been a great teammate to have around. Because of this, he won't be considered for 2nd overall.

According to @Kendrick's wonderful VHLSC rankings the top 2-7 tpe earners of the draft class are all defensemen. Of this group, I think that three have a legitimate chance for 2nd overall in @boubabi, @YEAH!stlemania, and @Will. All three are VHL veterans who have made great players in the past and can be pretty trusted to stick around and not go inactive (though who knows with Will as of late). So here are my thoughts on each player and their odds of being selected 2nd overall.

Ay Ay Ron

Definitely one of the top five names in VHL history, so that alone gives him good odds of being selected at 2nd overall. Character wise, Boubabi is probably the most controversial of the three names, as he does ruffle some feathers from time to time. Overall, I still think he would be a good locker room presence, and he makes some great graphics! He has the most tpe earned so far of the group, but he is French so :(. I give him the best odds for 2nd overall.

AACKCKQZ KY

Probably one of the worst names for a VHL player, how is anyone ever going to remember how to spell that? Decent troll I guess so I give YEAH some credit for that. I'll just call him sneeze. Mr. Sneeze is only 16 tpe behind Boubabi, so if any GM has more faith in YEAH than Boubabi they are close enough in tpe that it could make sense. I give him second best odds for 2nd overall.

Ho Lee Fook

If Draper was his ordinary active self, he would probably be my front runner for 2nd overall. Instead, everyone is yelling "Ho Lee Fook" at Draper because he hasn't been very active lately. This would make him a big risk to take at pick 2, but the it could ultimately be worth it if he ever comes back to form. Draper come back I miss chatting you

Edited by eaglesfan036

2 hours ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

Calgary falls out of the playoffs, Calgary's pick wins the lottery so Cologne has 1 and 2, picks Boubabi one and me second for shits and giggles. Calling it.

it would be just my luck that the one time i trade away my lotto pick is the time it turns into 1st overall

I expect that to happen if i miss the playoffs actually

4 hours ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

Calgary falls out of the playoffs, Calgary's pick wins the lottery so Cologne has 1 and 2, picks Boubabi one and me second for shits and giggles. Calling it.

I wish

8 hours ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

6 hours ago, eaglesfan036 said:

it would be just my luck that the one time i trade away my lotto pick is the time it turns into 1st overall

I expect that to happen if i miss the playoffs actually

Holy shit I didn't know Toronto caught up real fast.

• Corco changed the title to Claimed: S56 Draft - Who Will Go 2nd Overall? [1/2]