Old boys club

Gooningitup

Just now, jRuutu said:

Nothing, fresh start and healthier league!

I don't think only a fresh start will heal the league. And I don't think the VHL is in awful shape. Just bring and retain newer members and we won't talk about cuting the league down to 4-6 teams anymore.

1 minute ago, Kendrick said:

If we cut Calgary and Stockholm thats about 14 players to divide up over 8 teams. Plus the ones on the fence in the VHLM, you have two new players for each team. It's a start and putting our efforts towards that would be best, instead of arguing over whether we go down to 6 teams so quickly.

Why not drop the teams with least amount of players:  Stockholm, Cologne, Davos and Quebec/NY for example?

Just now, hedgehog337 said:

I don't think only a fresh start will heal the league. And I don't think the VHL is in awful shape. Just bring and retain newer members and we won't talk about cuting the league down to 4-6 teams anymore.

Maybe not, but dropping multiple teams is the right move. Even with 2 player system we don´t have enough players, so in my opinion 2 teams is not enough, gotta be 4

1 minute ago, jRuutu said:

Why not drop the teams with least amount of players:  Stockholm, Cologne, Davos and Quebec/NY for example?

Because even if you drop 2 of those you are in a better spot. Best to see 8 teams and then be able to go down to 6. It's easier to lose teams then to add teams

Just now, Kendrick said:

Because even if you drop 2 of those you are in a better spot. Best to see 8 teams and then be able to go down to 6. It's easier to lose teams then to add teams

What if they drop just lets say Cologne and Stockholm, will anything change?  Those two have 4 players in their current rosters who have updated in the last 30 days, 4!!

Just now, jRuutu said:

What if they drop just lets say Cologne and Stockholm, will anything change?  Those two have 4 players in their current rosters who have updated in the last 30 days, 4!!

As I mentioned (which you seemed to ignore). It's easier to take 2 teams off and see how it is than it is to have 6 teams and then expand if things ever do get better. I mean so many people are suggesting this site needs to recruit and gets tons of people...but they are the same ones doing shit all in that department as well.

"Oh I dont have time"

"Not worth the trouble"

Those are excuses we here all the time. In stem dof suggesting things, maybe people should bust their ass to recruit?

1 minute ago, hedgehog337 said:

And then having multiple shitstorms because of that. That even might cause them to lose a motivation because of that.

VHL moving to right direction has to be more important than few GMs getting unhappy about having to step down? Even if all 4 GMs are clearly unhappy, is it not more important that the league goes into right direction?

Just now, jRuutu said:

VHL moving to right direction has to be more important than few GMs getting unhappy about having to step down? Even if all 4 GMs are clearly unhappy, is it not more important that the league goes into right direction?

I don't think this drastic change would be a going into a right direction though.

1 minute ago, Kendrick said:

As I mentioned (which you seemed to ignore). It's easier to take 2 teams off and see how it is than it is to have 6 teams and then expand if things ever do get better. I mean so many people are suggesting this site needs to recruit and gets tons of people...but they are the same ones doing shit all in that department as well.

"Oh I dont have time"

"Not worth the trouble"

Those are excuses we here all the time. In stem dof suggesting things, maybe people should bust their ass to recruit?

Might as well go in hard right away and take 4 out instead of 2, what if the 2 does not change anything? If you take 4 out, you are almost guaranteed to have wider rosters = tighter regular seasons and more active LRs.

When you have wider rosters and active LRs, keeping new people in VHL is a lot easier.

4 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

I don't think this drastic change would be a going into a right direction though.

Yet we have a 2 player system here that is clearly not working, so I think the time of trying things out and see how they go is over, it´s time to put the gloves on and clean the league.

2 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

Might as well go in hard right away and take 4 out instead of 2, what if the 2 does not change anything? If you take 4 out, you are almost guaranteed to have wider rosters = tighter regular seasons and more active LRs.

When you have wider rosters and active LRs, keeping new people in VHL is a lot easier.

Playing lesser opponents is more boring in general tbh.

1 minute ago, Bushito said:

Losing 4 teams will lose you 10 members and about 15 players and you still have the same problem

Are they all going to quit because they are forced to go into another team if 4 is dropped? I´m sure some will, but surely not all?

Just now, hedgehog337 said:

Playing lesser opponents is more boring in general tbh.

It is, that is exactly why the league needs to shake things up heavily and take more than just 2 teams out. Ban the 2 player system and take 4 out, even 6. If that is all we have players for, gotta start from there then. 

It is, that is exactly why the league needs to shake things up heavily and take more than just 2 teams out. Ban the 2 player system and take 4 out, even 6. If that is all we have players for, gotta start from there then. 

You misunderstood. Playing less teams is boring, not teams with lesser roster.

1 minute ago, hedgehog337 said:

You misunderstood. Playing less teams is boring, not teams with lesser roster.

Surely it´s more boring to play against a team that has let´s say 1.5 F lines/ 1,5 D pairings , than going against a team that has 3 F lines/ 3 D pairings?

11 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

We don't need teams deep like the GOMHL. That would be how you lose people.

7 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

If the 2 player system is gone and 4 teams are gone, I am gone.

Just now, jRuutu said:

Surely it´s more boring to play against a team that has let´s say 1.5 F lines/ 1,5 D pairings , than going against a team that has 3 F lines/ 3 D pairings?

And playing against only 3 teams? It'll get old real quick and we're gonna beg for an expansion even you don't have the full roster.

Just now, KGR said:

We don't need teams deep like the GOMHL. That would be how you lose people.

This small roster stuff is good way to get rid of people as well, basically like playing yard hockey with your friends. What if people want to see deep rosters?

And to be honest, if the league drops 4 teams right now - do even 2 teams have even 3 full F lines and 3 full D lines with active players?

What if people want to see deep rosters?

Don't you see? Not every member wants to see too deep roster when your player getting like 10 minutes per game. That's boring af and that leads to nothing. 6F/4D/1G per team is enough.

Edited by hedgehog337