Old boys club

Gooningitup

2 minutes ago, STZ said:

Behind closed doors? What is that referring to? 

I’m not going to form your opinion on the brackets. If you want to debate it, do some research and come back to me. For someone critisizing how GMs are making up their teams, it’s pretty shocking you don’t even understand the basic concept of how the salary cap bracket works in the VHL.

Radical opinion is referring to you saying scrap all the teams and come up with 6 new teams.. I’d say that’s radical.

You think I care about Welfare? I’ve never finished a player with under 1100 TPE. Welfare means nothing to me.

I love your passion, I just wish you would concentrate it on issues that will improve the league long term. Recruitment, retention, and member engagement is all that matters - we have a lack of members and it’s not because it’s too hard or too easy to earn TPE. It’s simply because we aren’t doing enough to keep people engaged with this league. We need interest generating initiatives that aren’t a shitpost on how the league is dying and what can we do to alter the league.

I don´t know, can GMs see what happens in those ´Improve the league´ talks in behind closed doors? With BOG,admins and whatever?

Why not change the salary system then? Why not allow teams to put together deeper rosters by tweaking the salary system? Why you are coming after me for pointing it out when you should go after the league leadership who make the changes happen? Why does everything have to be this hard, why don´t you GMs lets league leadership know that you cant build deep enough rosters because the salary system does not allow it, could you guys in the head office maybe change it? Are you expecting me to have answers for everything, if that is the case - VHL is F´ed.

Sure that is radical, but other stuff is not as radical.(In my opinion)

I´m glad you don´t care about it, not a big fan either.

I´m going to be real honest here, I´m not going to recommend this place to anyone the way it´s now. The way teams are built is terrible (change the salary system, drop teams, do whatever it takes for the rosters to be deeper) , welfare system is terrible and 2 way system even worse. Just the way it goes.

You want to see people getting engaged with the league, but at the same time league allows welfare users to claim 4 points from welfare, that is interesting at least. Writing 500 words is too hard or creating some kind of graphical stuff is too hard. They say it takes too much time, how are you going to get these league savers - also known as welfare users more time? More active people - but they cant do the PT´s now already?

12 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

Big majority though? If we're looking at current member base I really doubt if there's a majority. Competing while having bigger minutes is more fun tbh.

I mean, why does SHL have more users than VHL? Surely there must be more to the story than just the PT system?

11 minutes ago, Kesler said:

I dont think anybody would want 3/4 lines,  I really dont see anything wrong with 2 lines lmao.

But what if the people you are trying to recruit want to see 3 or 4 lines? When they come in here, all they see is 1 or 2 line teams? What if they want to chat with people, but there is nobody in the LR´s? What if they want to have that start from bottom and make your way up experience here? Juniors and straight to 1st or 2nd line is not that.

4 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

I don´t know, can GMs see what happens in those ´Improve the league´ talks in behind closed doors? With BOG,admins and whatever?

GM's can't see BoG and blue teams logs.

2 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

I mean, why does SHL have more users than VHL? Surely there must be more to the story than just the PT system?

Good for them. Not a fan of their public though.

1 minute ago, jRuutu said:

But what if the people you are trying to recruit want to see 3 or 4 lines? When they come in here, all they see is 1 or 2 line teams? What if they want to chat with people, but there is nobody in the LR´s? What if they want to have that start from bottom and make your way up experience here? Juniors and straight to 1st or 2nd line is not that.

This is it right here, we need to bring back fucking chat. 

1 minute ago, hedgehog337 said:

GM's can't see BoG and blue teams logs.

Good for them. Not a fan of their public though.

I see, might be time to change that part as well? The Gms more than likely can offer some valuable information on what happens in teams and around league in general.

Fighting for the same users with them though

If they're ok to sit at the third line in their rookie season why not then. But it only does good for the LR's and 10 active people is enough tbh.

Worth a serious try in my opinion, and with a serious try I mean - make it happen by dropping more than 2 teams. Get the third line experience in right away. See what that does to keeping people in the league, especially what it does to keeping new users in.

10 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

Why not change the salary system then? Why not allow teams to put together deeper rosters by tweaking the salary system? Why you are coming after me for pointing it out when you should go after the league leadership who make the changes happen? Why does everything have to be this hard, why don´t you GMs lets league leadership know that you cant build deep enough rosters because the salary system does not allow it, could you guys in the head office maybe change it? Are you expecting me to have answers for everything, if that is the case - VHL is F´ed.

Sure that is radical, but other stuff is not as radical.(In my opinion)

I´m glad you don´t care about it, not a big fan either.

I´m going to be real honest here, I´m not going to recommend this place to anyone the way it´s now. The way teams are built is terrible (change the salary system, drop teams, do whatever it takes for the rosters to be deeper) , welfare system is terrible and 2 way system even worse. Just the way it goes.

You want to see people getting engaged with the league, but at the same time league allows welfare users to claim 4 points from welfare, that is interesting at least. Writing 500 words is too hard or creating some kind of graphical stuff is too hard. They say it takes too much time, how are you going to get these league savers - also known as welfare users more time? More active people - but they cant do the PT´s now already?

Anyways good chat.

Just another small point as i think history means little in SIM leagues. But it would mean changing litterly everything in the VHL from HOF to recordbooks. Cuz now not a single person is cracking the top scorers or hits, or PIM etc ever lol. I think were too far in at this point to make radical changes to that. Because that means players who would make it under new rules, miss out cuz they played old days, well guys whod never crack it old ways wouldnt.

Im talking about deeper teams btw. Cuz how often you see 100 point players in SHL? 

Edited by Gooningitup

3 minutes ago, Kesler said:

This is it right here, we need to bring back fucking chat. 

Discord sucks, takes activity off the site. Some places can afford it, some not as much.

Edited by jRuutu

6 minutes ago, Gooningitup said:

Man ive never had a busier post, than this one seems i really sparked people to talk ;) even if it seems like 8 v 1 lol

Good whenever it happens, some positive and league improving things has to come out of these threads eventually ;)

2 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

I see, might be time to change that part as well? The Gms more than likely can offer some valuable information on what happens in teams and around league in general.

Suggestion section out now. And you always can PM them too.

I would like to see more transparent BoG or blue team btw. Might help to feel a connection between usual members and higher hierarchy.

1 minute ago, Gooningitup said:

Cuz now not a single person is cracking the top scorers or hits, or PIM etc ever lol.

Krīgars out now.

Petenis out now.

I would like to see more transparent BoG or blue team btw. Might help to feel a connection between usual members and higher hierarchy.

Krīgars out now.

Petenis out now.

That is a huge thing, even small details here and there about what goes on behind closed doors would be great. Could even give some users something to write about in media spots = Activity etc

But I must go guys, back tomorrow!

Just now, hedgehog337 said:

Krīgars out now.

Petenis out now.

I mean more like HOF wise, if we changed to deeper teams. Players wouldnt be getting the big seasons, like we see now. Which means we dont have guys like Thomas O'Malley, or Ravenwing. Now ud likely toil away for 3 seasons doing meh, which might push people away(id be one). Then star for abit then retire. Meaning guys who missed the cut, before this change are likely HOFer in our deeper league. But not now. 

1 minute ago, Gooningitup said:

I mean more like HOF wise, if we changed to deeper teams. Players wouldnt be getting the big seasons, like we see now. Which means we dont have guys like Thomas O'Malley, or Ravenwing. Now ud likely toil away for 3 seasons doing meh, which might push people away(id be one). Then star for abit then retire. Meaning guys who missed the cut, before this change are likely HOFer in our deeper league. But not now. 

So let's start a new record era in that case. Sticking to the the same old era which is already 57 seasons old would be weird if teams are deeper.

I've only gotten through the first 3 pages of this so far, but if Ruutu is so dead set on the 3 lines thing, but playing guys on 3 lines would cause a mass exodus of members (it would, even though he refuses to acknowledge it) then how about this: Just like we did for the backup goalies in the VHLM, we could create 3rd liner inactives for each team. These guys are displaced if a team has enough actives to need to put one there, and can't under any circumstance play on a higher line than an active (meaning they'll never be on a PP unless you don't have 6 active forwards). Two ways to go about this: each team could create 3 of their own, OR the league could create 24 and vary the builds, then hold a draft among the then-8 teams. They could have a build of the equivalent of 200 TPE.

1 hour ago, jRuutu said:

Where you play? The cold fact also is that as a 150 TPE player, you will play against players who have 350-500 TPE, so it´s not always fun to be in the first line even if you manage to get the role as a 100-200 TPE player. But still, season is at half way point - plenty of games left!

4 seasons and only 150 TPE too as an FYI. Bure is 1 season younger and I believe has more TPE and only does AC's.

Extrnding on, ST, EN, PH and SK also play huge roles in offensive ability (as does DF).. also helps having stronger teammates and as stated, not having a rebuilding team play 300-500 TPE guys each sim.

9 hours ago, Banackock said:

4 seasons and only 150 TPE too as an FYI. Bure is 1 season younger and I believe has more TPE and only does AC's.

Extrnding on, ST, EN, PH and SK also play huge roles in offensive ability (as does DF).. also helps having stronger teammates and as stated, not having a rebuilding team play 300-500 TPE guys each sim.

Yep, everything plays a part, if you as a 150 TPE player are among the leading players in your team when it comes down to TPE, changes are you are not going to have insanely good year even if you play as a 1st line winger. Some teams and players are just multiple seasons ahead of you, not much you can do to that, just gotta collect that TPE and keep going forward. Eventually you and your teammates are better. Maybe I painted too promising picture with my 200 TPE comments, but once you get to the 200 - 250 TPE area, you can realistically expect decent seasons.