Old boys club

Gooningitup

3 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

Yea, we saw how that went this year for example.

WHMmbBO.gif

But it was more like having right players at the right time. The 1000 TPE guys will still be better than 400 TPE in 95 % of times.

And what did I say about welfare? @KGR I don't recall tbh

Just now, hedgehog337 said:

WHMmbBO.gif

But it was more like having right players at the right time. The 1000 TPE guys will still be better than 400 TPE in 95 % of times.

Where you think it should be lowered.

4 minutes ago, STZ said:

Is that a question or a statement? The Salaray Bracket has been a topic of interest since as long as I’ve been around. There are pros and cons to it, but a major con is the fact that it’s harder to ice a full active team. I’d love to hear how you would adjust it, as it also deals with parity of the league which I understand you want as well.

I’ll say it again, I think you like being a contrarian and arguing in circles.. every suggestion you make is radical. I think the basis of your logic is pretty sound, but the more I read of your posts the more I think you just like to argue for radical change because you know it will never happen.

There are no older members saying that changes shouldn’t be made - we all just realize what the true problem is. It’s the recruitment and more importantly the retention of new members. I firmly believe the league needs to focus on making it more fun and interactive to keep people engaged. Contracting two teams is a fine temporary solution, but we just need to make the league more fun to keep players around (I made several suggestions on how to do that if you want to look up the Suggestion Forum)

Statement, I have no idea what you guys talk about when it comes down salary bracket behind closed doors, but If I would have to guess, if you drop few teams - might have to put more space under the salary cap? Does it have to be harder than that? I´m seriously asking, I have no idea.

And to be clear, I´m not asking or hoping for a full 4 lines, even getting to 2 or even 3 would be awesome. (If you drop just 2 teams, getting to 3 wont happen)

I agree that the league needs to change a lot of things, dropping teams is a excellent start. In the best case scenario that alone helps at least little bit in keeping players here (active teams/lrs and more exciting games)

I´m not sure why my ideas are described as radical? Because I´m not a fan of welfare or the 2 way system or if I want to see 4 teams gone instead of 2?  Welfare system and fun/more interactive league wont go together in my opinion. You all can say what you want about it, but that plays a part in keeping people here, if the massive welfare army does not already have the time to do PT´s, why would a new user have? Why would the new user stay here and bump 6 TPE articles when someone just collects 4 with one post? That is enough about the welfare, all I want to see is tighter regular season with at least 2 or 3 lines in each team. That is all.

3 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

WHMmbBO.gif

Sure, but even in the 95% times those 400 TPE guys are not that bad, they are close to PPG or even over it.

9 minutes ago, KGR said:

It's not worth it to stick around like that when you have 3 seasons of less than 20 points. That shit gets boring and makes you want to leave altogether.

Also I agree with @hedgehog337 on the lessening welfare part too.

That 3 seasons goes by fast, I reckon you could get more than 20 points even as a 100 TPE player, just gotta leave if you end up into stacked roster and want to have that scoring role right away.

19 minutes ago, KGR said:

In the GOMHL it's easy as GM's have a plethora of things to trade. Their rosters are way too deep for them. Therefore they have more than enough to make a deal. Here, the deep rosters aren't needed. They can't fit under the salary cap and on top of it, no one is going to WANT to actually play 3rd line.

I don't mind playing 3rd line for SHL.. or being a back up in GOMHL.. it's all apart of development and stuff.. realism. 

2 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

That 3 seasons goes by fast, I reckon you could get more than 20 points even as a 100 TPE player, just gotta leave if you end up into stacked roster and want to have that scoring role right away.

I have over 150 TPE in the GOMHL. I am the team's top line winger and I am in season 4. I currently have 9 points on the year. You were saying?

15 minutes ago, Gooningitup said:

Except its the people who put in work who stay? Lol and welfare bums who eventually burn out. Look at @Beaviss worked his ass off still here, where many new bloods who just try to do welfare disapear?. 

The 4 is only for the old dogs who have put in 2 players of work. A new member is rewarded more for writing than welfare. 

Which if you read my media piece and others has been a topic im sure head office is looking at is changing welfare. To either a check or maybe just more for new members. Its new member retentionissue we have not old dogs.

Almost feels like the welfare is the end goal, once you create those 2 players, you are done, can just coast it almost like. I sure hope they change the welfare and push the welfare people to be more active.

12 minutes ago, Gooningitup said:

Except most outside of Krigars/thrower are all heavy active updaters. Lol Me Jones and Keller are all closing in or past 400 TPE as young players with our careers ahead of them, potential stars in the making. Locke had a bout of inactivity, Cornerstone and Fuji are hard working updaters etc.

Yep, you guys will have brights futures, but where are the others? We have roughly 15-20 users who claim welfare every week, that is a lot of users :(

1 minute ago, jRuutu said:

Yep, you guys will have brights futures, but where are the others? We have roughly 15-20 users who claim welfare every week, that is a lot of users :(

So welfare can be lessened or PT's can be given more TPE weekly. Either way, it's a positive solution. Why not make that suggestion and claim TPE for it?

Edited by KGR

Statement, I have no idea what you guys talk about when it comes down salary bracket behind closed doors, but If I would have to guess, if you drop few teams - might have to put more space under the salary cap? Does it have to be harder than that? I´m seriously asking, I have no idea.

And to be clear, I´m not asking or hoping for a full 4 lines, even getting to 2 or even 3 would be awesome. (If you drop just 2 teams, getting to 3 wont happen)

I agree that the league needs to change a lot of things, dropping teams is a excellent start. In the best case scenario that alone helps at least little bit in keeping players here (active teams/lrs and more exciting games)

I´m not sure why my ideas are described as radical? Because I´m not a fan of welfare or the 2 way system or if I want to see 4 teams gone instead of 2?  Welfare system and fun/more interactive league wont go together in my opinion. You all can say what you want about it, but that plays a part in keeping people here, if the massive welfare army does not already have the time to do PT´s, why would a new user have? Why would the new user stay here and bump 6 TPE articles when someone just collects 4 with one post? That is enough about the welfare, all I want to see is tighter regular season with at least 2 or 3 lines in each team. That is all.

I know where you're coming from, but the majority VHL member base are not SHL members too. I assume every team there has at least 3F and 3 D lines and they're having fun with it, but here it's more fun if you are getting more minutes because...

...the majority of the VHL members are 25+ y.o. who are not TPE whores anymore and who are having enough with a welfare but it's still fun for us to see our player doing things with having decent playing time. Without it, we're having no fun.

In order to have deep roster we need younger members who are more ''hungry'' and ready to wait for some bigger minutes.

2 minutes ago, KGR said:

I have over 150 TPE in the GOMHL. I am the team's top line winger and I am in season 4. I currently have 9 points on the year. You were saying?

Where you play? The cold fact also is that as a 150 TPE player, you will play against players who have 350-500 TPE, so it´s not always fun to be in the first line even if you manage to get the role as a 100-200 TPE player. But still, season is at half way point - plenty of games left!

Just now, jRuutu said:

Where you play? The cold fact also is that as a 150 TPE player, you will play against players who have 350-500 TPE, so it´s not always fun to be in the first line even if you manage to get the role as a 100-200 TPE player. But still, season is at half way point - plenty of games left!

The point is, I have enough in passing and scoring where TPE total shouldn't matter at all.

2 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

I know where you're coming from, but the majority VHL member base are not SHL members too. I assume every team there has at least 3F and 3 D lines and they're having fun with it, but here it's more fun if you are getting more minutes because...

...the majority of the VHL members are 25+ y.o. who are not TPE whores anymore and who are having enough with a welfare but it's still fun for us to see our player doing things with having decent playing time. Without it, we're having no fun.

In order to have deep roster we need younger members who are more ''hungry'' and ready to wait for some bigger minutes.

I mean I get it, not everybody can put as much time and maybe as in the past, but what happens if the recruitment drive here is a huge success? Where do you guys go if we all of a sudden have every team with 3 or 4 lines?

Easy way right now to create the deep rosters is to drop teams, more you drop - the deeper the teams will be.

2 minutes ago, KGR said:

The point is, I have enough in passing and scoring where TPE total shouldn't matter at all.

What is your skating? And what kind of teammates you have? Roughly same level in tpe? (Some teams in GOMHL have pretty deep rosters, 1 good line might not be enough to get you success)

2 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

I mean I get it, not everybody can put as much time and maybe as in the past, but what happens if the recruitment drive here is a huge success? Where do you guys go if we all of a sudden have every team with 3 or 4 lines?

If every team has 6F/4D then thinking about expansion again. Like every player is getting more or less big minutes and everybody is happy so let's move up. 

Edited by hedgehog337

8 minutes ago, KGR said:

So welfare can be lessened or PT's can be given more TPE weekly. Either way, it's a positive solution. Why not make that suggestion and claim TPE for it?

I have mentioned that in the past, but so far nothing has happened. (For whatever reason)

4 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

Behind closed doors? What is that referring to? 

I’m not going to form your opinion on the brackets. If you want to debate it, do some research and come back to me. For someone critisizing how GMs are making up their teams, it’s pretty shocking you don’t even understand the basic concept of how the salary cap bracket works in the VHL.

Radical opinion is referring to you saying scrap all the teams and come up with 6 new teams.. I’d say that’s radical.

You think I care about Welfare? I’ve never finished a player with under 1100 TPE. Welfare means nothing to me.

I love your passion, I just wish you would concentrate it on issues that will improve the league long term. Recruitment, retention, and member engagement is all that matters - we have a lack of members and it’s not because it’s too hard or too easy to earn TPE. It’s simply because we aren’t doing enough to keep people engaged with this league. We need interest generating initiatives that aren’t a shitpost on how the league is dying and what can we do to alter the league.

1 minute ago, hedgehog337 said:

If every team has 6F/4D then thinking about expansion again. Like every player is getting more or less big minutes and everybody is happy so let's move up. 

What happens if after expansion, players just leave and new users who are supposed to replace them just never make it into VHL? Just the same cycle, have you guys ever thought about if it´s actually this crazy 6f/4D system that you want so badly that plays bigger part in the recruitment problems and keeping players here? Is it possible that big majority want to have that team feeling with 3 or even 4 lines?

1 minute ago, jRuutu said:

What happens if after expansion, players just leave and new users who are supposed to replace them just never make it into VHL? Just the same cycle, have you guys ever thought about if it´s actually this crazy 6f/4D system that you want so badly that plays bigger part in the recruitment problems and keeping players here? Is it possible that big majority want to have that team feeling with 3 or even 4 lines?

Big majority though? If we're looking at current member base I really doubt if there's a majority. Competing while having bigger minutes is more fun tbh.

This isn't NHL 18

4 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

I dont think anybody would want 3/4 lines,  I really dont see anything wrong with 2 lines lmao.