2nd Player Idea (kind of)

2 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

All I'm saying is ideas brought forward aren't rushed, they are ideas for a reason. To be explained, discussed and debated until your blue in the face. No idea is a bad idea.

I'm also saying a comment like "Try Recruiting" is actually a negative for us as we have been trying. Especially coming from someone who failed to do anything in the position I am in right now. To me that says you don't think we are working hard and that what you did in your job was better. If I'm incorrect there then not sure why the initial comment was made.

I encourage the Recruitment Staff to come up with ideas of all varieties and to debate them until they see positives and negatives in many areas of the league. Whether those ideas grow into actual plans or if they are scraped into the trash bin, it's better than having them not put pen to paper (or fingers to a keyboard in this case).

Yeah - you took the comment wrong. It wasn't directed at you or the recruitment team. More so anyone saying "Hey, we need everyone to have 2 players so drafts are better". It would help, but it's a bandaid that's lost its stickiness. 

Thus, "try recruiting" meant having members and new members is way better than clogging up the VHLM with a bunch of veteran, second player VHLM stars.

And never did I say you're not trying - but I think we should stay away from temporary fixes like this. If, to the eyes of the higher powers, Player Two failed - I don't see how this would help. I'm an advocate for player two and am happy GM's get to continue it. I have double the chance of one of my guys not sucking ass haha

7 minutes ago, Bring Back Player 2 (Tri) said:

According to the almighty Banana, it's a bad idea. We must obey his wishes as they are final.

I stated my opinion. Quit whining, lol

I see no positivity from it. I'm sure most will agree

Edited by Banackock

1 hour ago, Banackock said:

@Bring Back Player 2 (Tri) Also regarding you saying I don't recruit - I've put in my time making suggestions and ideas at how to go about recruiting - as well as finding forums and YouTube subscribers to advertise on such as:

Gamer shit on Youtube similar to the initial project:

PackDaddy - 9,906 Subs (meh - but hey..)

Trash94 Gaming - 12,139 Subs

TheFinn FTW - 47,123 subs

BaconCountry - 180,914 subs

Brainstormed - 12,657 subs

Sleeveless Gaming - 4,583 subs

Sports Gaming Universe - 206,686 SUBS

More so "NHL talk shows on youtube"

Hockey Talk Show - 218 subs

The Hockey Guy - 33,001 subs

Hockey is life - 10,652 subs

PRO hockey - 32,523 SUBS

TheNasher61 - 163,998 SUBS

TDI hockey - 18,869 SUBS

BIG BOYS

TmarTn2 - 3,000,000 +

2BCProductions2BC - 273,000 SUBS

but youre not really ally in the BoG so how would you know! 

Man of the Ritt, 27k

I like it, as far as VHLM goes. I don't think they should go into VHL. I'd definitely do this

Also: another option to offset hampering the new guys is VHLM Star designated players don't start with the 30 initial? Gives new guys enough of a headstart on them to not be completely discouraged

Edited by diamond_ace

21 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

I like it, as far as VHLM goes. I don't think they should go into VHL. I'd definitely do this

Also: another option to offset hampering the new guys is VHLM Star designated players don't start with the 30 initial? Gives new guys enough of a headstart on them to not be completely discouraged

As in they start with 0? That's a better idea.

but my point still is.. 30 people will be creating these players.. so the leagues gonna be cluttered with 100-200 TPE players. Am I the only one thinking this? 

A new member will join and we'll have 30 of these "VHLM" stars that joined a season prior. 

Theyre not coming and going. They're staying in the VHLM. That's what's proposed. Even if we start at zero.. by mid season and on, they'll be entering a tough spot as they'll be lower than most heavily.

Whatever though. Offers realism. 

2 minutes ago, Banackock said:

As in they start with 0? That's a better idea.

but my point still is.. 30 people will be creating these players.. so the leagues gonna be cluttered with 100-200 TPE players. Am I the only one thinking this? 

A new member will join and we'll have 30 of these "VHLM" stars that joined a season prior. 

Theyre not coming and going. They're staying in the VHLM. That's what's proposed. Even if we start at zero.. by mid season and on, they'll be entering a tough spot as they'll be lower than most heavily.

Whatever though. Offers realism. 

Yes they start with 0.

I don't necessarily think 30 people will create them, nor do I think it's unreasonable for there to be more overall players in the league than there currently are. If it gets unreasonable, add a team, but I don't think it will.

Perhaps they could be limited to one season post-cap (where they can't add anything) and then are auto-retired and have to make a new one. It might not be perfectly fleshed out but the skeleton of an idea is here.

4 minutes ago, Banackock said:

@diamond_ace maybe raise the starting TPE. = 75 

while the others start at 30? This off-sets it and boosts everyone's starts? 

What, like regular guys get 75 and VHLM Stars get 30? Isn't that essentially the same thing as regular guys get 30 and VHLM Stars get 0, just without doing too much to play around with the regular guys

3 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

Yes they start with 0.

I don't necessarily think 30 people will create them, nor do I think it's unreasonable for there to be more overall players in the league than there currently are. If it gets unreasonable, add a team, but I don't think it will.

Perhaps they could be limited to one season post-cap (where they can't add anything) and then are auto-retired and have to make a new one. It might not be perfectly fleshed out but the skeleton of an idea is here.

I think most people will - just like they did Player Two. That was, after all, a big reason for abolishing it. People felt forced or obligated into making a player. 

Those are 500-900 TPE players and most made one. These are 100-200 TPE players.  I expect quite a few to make them. 

I think its an idea but not necassarily a needed one nor one which the league will heavily benefit from. Again, let's say for the sake of it, 15-20 people create.. that's a huge amount of TPE inflation that's gonna be stuck in that league. 

15-20, 100-200 TPE players that don't leave the league will really have an affect on lower people.

If it's a single season thing, that's a lot of work for the simmers/updates and commissioners but I guess the turnover rate is already fairly high lol

4 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

What, like regular guys get 75 and VHLM Stars get 30? Isn't that essentially the same thing as regular guys get 30 and VHLM Stars get 0, just without doing too much to play around with the regular guys

Yes.... but if we cap the VHLM stars at say 125 TPE.. atleast the new members and ACTUAL VHL creates/recreates will be in the ballpark.

What happens when all these VHLM stars hit the 125 cap - even after starting at 0? Then we have, 10-20 members at 125 TOE (not including other players who plan to go into the VHL), playing against 30 TPE players.

The cap from 125 and 75 is a lot less than 30 and 125. 

Also, the new members will be getting 3rd line minutes potentially too and goalie positions may be gobbled up.

I don't see the idea working. 

I’m thinking they start at the 30 but have all TPE applied to that character get cut into half. 

Four season career.

If enough people do it sure let’s add teams....

The positives.

VHLM gets more attention

More activity

Get player two back 1/2

People won’t be pressured to have two players

Negitives.

Over saturation of the VHLM for a season or two? Until we hammer it out? 

1 minute ago, Beaviss said:

I’m thinking they start at the 30 but have all TPE applied to that character get cut into half. 

Four season career.

If enough people do it sure let’s add teams....

The positives.

VHLM gets more attention

More activity

Get player two back 1/2

People won’t be pressured to have two players

Negitives.

Over saturation of the VHLM for a season or two? Until we hammer it out? 

So what happens when players are in their 3rd years sitting at 150 TPE and new members are sitting at 30 TPE going against a league full of elite minor leaguers? 

I see the benefits to activity - but player 2 for the VHL should never have been abolished if this goes through. The option should be there for the VHL too. Same shit, different pile. 

10 minutes ago, Banackock said:

So what happens when players are in their 3rd years sitting at 150 TPE and new members are sitting at 30 TPE going against a league full of elite minor leaguers? 

I see the benefits to activity - but player 2 for the VHL should never have been abolished if this goes through. The option should be there for the VHL too. Same shit, different pile. 

Player 2 should never have been abolished, yes. We shouldn't have had to do twice the work though. All PT's done in the week should have counted for both. That would have handled things a lot better.

10 minutes ago, Bring Back Player 2 (Tri) said:

Player 2 should never have been abolished, yes. We shouldn't have had to do twice the work though. All PT's done in the week should have counted for both. That would have handled things a lot better.

Maybe. That’s sorta BS then. I’d say one can only be welfare. Half the work for 2 players really is a no, no in my eyes.

Most of us can claim welfare for 5 TPE though.. like @Laflamme said to me last night .. something along the lines of why would you write 500 words for 6 when you can just claim 5.. lol and he has a decent point. What’s that? A whopping 6 TPE difference a season? 

10 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Maybe. That’s sorta BS then. I’d say one can only be welfare. Half the work for 2 players really is a no, no in my eyes.

Most of us can claim welfare for 5 TPE though.. like @Laflamme said to me last night .. something along the lines of why would you write 500 words for 6 when you can just claim 5.. lol and he has a decent point. What’s that? A whopping 6 TPE difference a season? 

I was someone who pushed for a higher value for the weekly PT's. Again shut down by the blues.

I don't mind the idea. I know it's the SBA that does this, because I've brought it up in the BoG here in the VHL before. Those guys are capped in the NCAA too, they can't earn as much as guys who will be in the next SBA draft.

Basically, you just have capped guys in the minors helping fill out those teams, while at the same time making it not take as long for you to reach the VHL once you recreate. Once you retire your VHL guy, you just uncap your VHLM guy and earn as much as you can in that final season before going to the VHL.

2 hours ago, Banackock said:

For what it's worth, I purchase the PT Upgrade for $2M every season because of this. That way I get 7 TPE.

I like it, but not how it's been laid out so far...

The VHL does need depth players, but the VHLM is always getting a bunch of new members to join teams, only to see them lose interest for one reason or another, I think sometimes the reason is that with so much "depth" in the VHLM, their players don't get enough minutes. If we were to introduce this, I'd seriously consider expanding the M back to 8 teams.

Also, if we were to do this, I think it would need to have a few rules regarding VHLM "Stars":

1. VHLM Cap at 125 TPA (No carryover allowed for these players)
  2. VHLM Career limited to 8 full seasons max.
  3. Once player hits 200 TPE, they are entered into VHL Draft
  4. Player TPE Cap is 300, does not depreciate
  5. Individual attributes capped at 85 or 90
  6. Players cost Cap Space, but do not earn Salary
  7. Allowed to Re-roll once per career
  8. Not allowed position change during career

Basically, it gives you a player to fuck around with who will be a decent depth piece, but never an actual star in either league. The trade-off is that you can stay in the VHLM forever if you want (well, 8 full seasons), and then once you hit the VHL (starting the clock on your career) and hit 300 TPE, you don't ever have to worry about that player again, just watch how they do, and "sign" with whichever team you want to. The point of counting against the Cap without earning Salary is that you cost the team something, but cannot bank cash and then add modifiers, as these would only be meant as depth pieces.

I think this could be a fun way to engage the members who want a second player, without risk of burning them out.

23 minutes ago, Quik said:

I like it, but not how it's been laid out so far...

The VHL does need depth players, but the VHLM is always getting a bunch of new members to join teams, only to see them lose interest for one reason or another, I think sometimes the reason is that with so much "depth" in the VHLM, their players don't get enough minutes. If we were to introduce this, I'd seriously consider expanding the M back to 8 teams.

Also, if we were to do this, I think it would need to have a few rules regarding VHLM "Stars":

1. VHLM Cap at 125 TPA (No carryover allowed for these players)
  2. VHLM Career limited to 8 full seasons max.
  3. Once player hits 200 TPE, they are entered into VHL Draft
  4. Player TPE Cap is 300, does not depreciate
  5. Individual attributes capped at 85 or 90
  6. Players cost Cap Space, but do not earn Salary
  7. Allowed to Re-roll once per career
  8. Not allowed position change during career

Basically, it gives you a player to fuck around with who will be a decent depth piece, but never an actual star in either league. The trade-off is that you can stay in the VHLM forever if you want (well, 8 full seasons), and then once you hit the VHL (starting the clock on your career) and hit 300 TPE, you don't ever have to worry about that player again, just watch how they do, and "sign" with whichever team you want to. The point of counting against the Cap without earning Salary is that you cost the team something, but cannot bank cash and then add modifiers, as these would only be meant as depth pieces.

I think this could be a fun way to engage the members who want a second player, without risk of burning them out.

So if the VHLM star hits 200.. were allowed to have 2 players again in the VHL? Didn't they get rid of player two? Now they're bringing it back? Where have we once brought something or someone back and it never worked out? 

This was proposed strictly for VHLM. So it should be capped at 125 TPA and nothing more. 

And 300 TPE.. that's barely a player in the new league with the update scale. The first bit of regression and they're fucked unless they bank. 

Again, my vote is a heavy no and I see it being something they once again get rid of. If you want two players, maybe in which case, I'm all for that (bringing back player two). 

1 minute ago, Banackock said:

So if the VHLM star hits 200.. were allowed to have 2 players again in the VHL? Didn't they get rid of player two? Now they're bringing it back? Where have we once brought something or someone back and it never worked out? 

This was proposed strictly for VHLM. So it should be capped at 125 TPA and nothing more. 

And 300 TPE.. that's barely a player in the new league with the update scale. The first bit of regression and they're fucked unless they bank. 

Again, my vote is a heavy no and I see it being something they once again get rid of. If you want two players, maybe in which case, I'm all for that (bringing back player two). 

Maybe read the post before arguing it?

2 minutes ago, Banackock said:

31 minutes ago, Quik said:

Player TPE Cap is 300, does not depreciate