Time for a Super Cup?

Will

• Senior Admin

When we stopped doing Super Cup's every 3 seasons, I agreed because I think the amount of work that went into it didn't justify the interest (lack of) that it generated. But as I said way back then which seems like forever ago, I wouldn't rule out doing them again. I still don't think it should be a every 3 season thing, but it's been so long that running one with the current generation of players could be a lot of fun. 

I would even be OK with doing it this off-season instead of World Cup. While World Cup does still get decent interest I think, I can kind of see how every 2nd season has been a bit overkill with it so I don't see a problem doing a Super Cup this off-season and pushing WC to next off-season for the sake of changing things up.

There's obviously a lot of TPE and things we could tie to a super cup, from mock drafts to paying GMs/Commish's, fantasy predictions, ect. We could even do a separate Super Cup for the VHLM by just having the current GM's do a league-wide draft. If we wanted to get real crazy in the lead-up, we could do something like a detailed player ranking of the top 25 current players as a team PT over the course of this season. 

• Senior Admin
26 minutes ago, Spade18 said:

I think the super cup was before my time.  

What did it entail?

It was an off season event that we used to have every three seasons. Basically all active players go into a draft, we have 6 or so GMs and teams that draft from the league wide pool and then we sim tournament.

4 minutes ago, Will said:

It was an off season event that we used to have every three seasons. Basically all active players go into a draft, we have 6 or so GMs and teams that draft from the league wide pool and then we sim tournament.

Sounds like fun to me.

• Will featured this topic

I'll be the bucket of cold water - I've never really seen the point. At least with the World Cup it's something based in reality and a team that you can grow with, the Super Cup has just seemed to me like, "Oh, I guess I'm with these guys for 10 games, sure."