Increase PT pay

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, Tagger said:

WC80dtN.png

That was last edited April 2nd of this year. I'm not in that league, but I would think they'd edit that out if it was wrong no? 

I’ll have to look into it. Maybe welfare is capped but affiliate welfare isn’t. Would make more sense. I know affiliate welfare has no cap.

I would consider a cap if we could figure out a reasonable one. I have never liked the idea of multiple caps (personally I like that anyone willing to do the effort is rewarded in the VHL) but welfare is being unfairly weighted a little bit right now.

2 minutes ago, Beketov said:

I’ll have to look into it. Maybe welfare is capped but affiliate welfare isn’t. Would make more sense. I know affiliate welfare has no cap.

I would consider a cap if we could figure out a reasonable one. I have never liked the idea of multiple caps (personally I like that anyone willing to do the effort is rewarded in the VHL) but welfare is being unfairly weighted a little bit right now.

I can confirm the affiliate welfare has no cap.

34 minutes ago, Quik said:

I mean, yeah, it's less hours overall, but if you get rid of it, you likely lose the members altogether. Also, especially with Pension, there is a lot of hours that have been put in before hand that members who started recently won't catch up to in a while. They deserve a bit of a break as well, which is why pension is at 5, while welfare is at 4 (there's a reason that's fairly close to PT level as well, which is retention of members, even on the fringes of activity)

This was all discussed in the BOG when the changes came about, and the consensus is that while, yes, you have some members making close to, or exactly, the same amount with less "work" put in, they are still contributing to the league, and keeping as many active/semi-active members as possible is better than losing them.

The people who only claim welfare/pension, and don't contribute to the league, will see a noticeable difference between their TPE and those that are doing PTs, when all is said and done. I think, at the end of the day, people just have to worry about their own players/activity. The other stuff all gets discussed ad nauseum before being implemented. Making suggestions is fair, but there is, more often than not, reason behind decisions that get made.

What members would we lose though? Those players who were claiming welfare/pension who didn't have a job before the changes were never able to make the cap in the first place, because there wasn't enough activities available for them to be able to do so. (There was Trivia for 1 Point, VHL.com for another 2 potentially, so even a Pension II guy could only make 7 TPE out of a possible 9), so capping their earnings before they can potentially reach the 12 TPE cap is really no different from what we had been doing. 

Edit: Re-reading first sentence, I may have misunderstood something, I thought we were still on the topic about cap I thought you were saying that would lose members if we implemented that, but I notice you say "if you get rid of it", which may have been you making a seperate point about getting rid of pension? 

Edited by Tagger

10 minutes ago, Tagger said:

What members would we lose though? Those players who were claiming welfare/pension who didn't have a job before the changes were never able to make the cap in the first place, because there wasn't enough activities available for them to be able to do so. (There was Trivia for 1 Point, VHL.com for another 2 potentially, so even a Pension II guy could only make 7 TPE out of a possible 9), so capping their earnings before they can potentially reach the 12 TPE cap is really no different from what we had been doing. 

I lose 2 TPE a week and no one outside Beketov and Beavis in this thread does more for the league than me. So what your telling me is because I claim welfare I shouldn't be allowed to reach the cap? 

If I'm active and gaining 12 TPE a week while doing welfare I'd like to know where I hurt the league?

Edited by Smarch

2 minutes ago, Smarch said:

I lose 2 TPE a week and no one outside Beketov and Beavis in this thread does more for the league than me. So what your telling me is because I claim welfare I shouldn't be allowed to reach the cap? 

If I'm im

Don't you have a job? I said that those with jobs should be exempt from the welfare cap. 

Edit: Yes you do, so no, by what I was suggesting, you wouldn't have been subjected to a cap.

Edited by Tagger

20 minutes ago, Beketov said:

I believe that there is a lessened cap for people who claim non-affilliate welfare in both SBA and EFL.

I believe in SBA it goes from 9/12 with job to 6/9 with job, but I'm not positive about that.

• Senior Admin
1 hour ago, Tagger said:

Maybe in addition, welfare/pension guys who take up a job are able to make the 12 cap?  Provided someone has shown that they are willing to help the league, I don't neccessarily think those who do jobs should be limited as to how much they can earn.

I actually like this idea quite a bit. I would love to see the main focus of weekly capped TPE shift more towards jobs rather than PT's. 

8 hours ago, Beketov said:

That is not true at all unless things have changed. I think when the EFL first opened it was the case but as of the partnership there is no limitation (that I know of) when doing welfare. Only limitation is the cap change between people with jobs and people without. At least that’s how it works for “partnered welfare”. It’s possible that just regular welfare is capped but I would be surprised.

I’d be relatively okay with increasing PT’s and affiliate PT’s to 8 but we will notice that it will result in people just all doing the same thing and getting bored of regular PT’s. We brought in PC’s to help bridge that gap and offer an extra option (since everything me was saying they were bored of the same PT’s). Unfortunately we made the assumption that most welfare guys wouldn’t bother with hiring the cap which does not appear to be the case.

EFL has a lowered TPE cap (6/9 or 9/12) for just claiming free points, but all Affiliate Welfare is treated like a 6 point task and can still get their full cap.

9 hours ago, Beketov said:

The whole point of the partnership is to be fair to all three leagues. So sure, gay might mean some decreases PT’s but that’s the price threat needs to be paid. We remove it we lose those members. We can’t auddenly offer incentive to do our PT’s over he SBA or EFL because that isn’t a fair partnership; it encourages everyone to only do VHL PT’s. That’s great for a “VHL First” mentality but doesn’t work in a fair partnership.

One thing I do like is all 3 leagues tend to stagger their double point media weeks, so it gives me incentive to write an article for the other leagues once in a while. :) 

7 hours ago, Will said:

I actually like this idea quite a bit. I would love to see the main focus of weekly capped TPE shift more towards jobs rather than PT's. 

EFL and I believe SBA both have a 9 cap without a job and 12 cap with a job. I do like that I can get the full 12 here without a job though. I agree with the idea for a reduced cap for "free" welfare unless you have a job, as that both encourages people to post tasks to maximize TPE and yet still not punish the hard workers who are putting in the extra effort to keep the league running.

The way the SBA has it is if you claim welfare, you are capped at 9 per week rather than 12, unless you have a job then you can keep the 12. Although in the SBA, you just grade 5 things minimum to get 3 TPE per way, so I do less over there for more TPE. :lol: