Claimed: Why I've Returned

Advantage

WHY I'VE RETURNED

By Advantage

I know that nobody really cares why I am back or that I am back, but that will not stop me from writing about it in my Point Task this week.  I had been around and active in this league for roughly forty seasons when I decided that I wanted to step away.  I had many reasons for it: First, while I haven’t necessarily had an amazing run of players since my last Hall of Fame player, Brick Wahl, I also haven’t really had a break before.  I felt taking some time off would help my interest to grow once again.  Second, I felt the league had spiraled downward with some certain loudmouths really draining my interest in the league.  Third and finally, between the two-player stuff draining me and my involvement in the EFL, I felt I needed to step away.  So why am I back? That’s quite a few reasons to leave, but now I must take you into the reasons I have decided to return.

1. Administration FINALLY Stepped Up – This title probably sounds like a back-handed compliment, but I really have felt for a while that certain things took a little more time than they should have.  I returned here after seeing much reform, including a harder stance on trolling, a complete reform of updates and ways to earn TPE including a partnership with other leagues (one that I originally championed).  I also see that the BOG has been bringing forth a lot of new ideas and a really strong focus has clearly been brought to recruitment and now retention, so I am starting to once again become excited about the league’s future.

2. A Refocus on One Player – The last time I had a situation where I only had one VHL player and no team to worry about as well, was Ryan Sullivan.  Since then, I have had more significant roles as General Manager, VHLM Commish, etc. where it ate up a lot of my strength and energy.  As I was telling a few other members, I look forward to finally just focusing on my player, ignoring any GM position or second player stuff.  I definitely feel this will be a nice change of pace and is a big reason why I decided to retire both of my previous players, rather than just the one.

3. This was Always THE League – I started in football leagues that would be lucky to last to a third season and that all changed when I joined the Victory Hockey League.  For around forty seasons, this was the only league I cared about and championed.  However, things changed when the league started to slow down and become stale, while another league in the Elite Football League was hitting its stride in a significant way.  Truth is, I have been pretty negative about the VHL probably since I was stripped of the Cologne Express GM spot due to detraction.  That being said, this was always the league I’ve wanted to see excel going forward and I hope that now that I am back, I can see this league get back to the way it can be and maybe change some things up going forward.

Well said I’m personally excited your back @ADV even though I haven’t been around long. As a newbie (kinda still am compaired to you) I kind of was watching you old nerds trying to figure out how to behave etc, you and Tagger where my main inspirations in how I approached the VHL. When both of you left I had to strike out on my own and I guess that worked to some extent (my player sucks) 

but im excited that some of the old members are slowly returning here’s hoping more see the positive changes and also come back.