McAllister's Next Destination(?) Rankings

Image result for on the road again

It’s a distinct possibility that Gabriel McAllister has played his final game in a Bears uniform. Drafted to the team five seasons ago, McAllister has won a title, a Playoff MVP, and at least the goals and points title this season. He’s had a great run and enjoyed his time on the team.

But alas, all good things come to an end, and the Bears’ leadership has hinted at plans to begin the rebuilding process this offseason. McAllister hasn’t heard through his management whether that’s definitively happening one way or the other (he probably should soon, considering he has a No Trade Clause and all), but with one year left on his deal, he would be an obvious trade candidate if Seattle wanted a large haul back.

So where does McAllister actually want to end up if he is in fact dealt? He reiterated that he’d play for most teams, but for an idea of his priorities, here’s what he’s currently looking at:

:hel: 7. Helsinki Titans: They’ve been playing well, but just about everybody’s retiring, and they’re likely headed to a rebuild of their own. I don’t really have any interest in playing on a team with four other players, 1.5 of them are active, at this point in my career.

:tor: 6. Toronto Legion: I’ve had fun there in the past, and winning isn’t absolutely everything for me since I already have a Cup, but this would be a little too much rebuilding for my taste. I could see Toronto in my send off S63 year or something, but not quite yet.

:rig: 5. Riga Reign: I like a lot of the guys on the team, but I’m not quite sure where they’re heading either, especially with Krigars and Sharpe retiring. Wingate also played here for a bit as well, and I think I’d enjoy going to a new place if I had the chance. I’m not opposed to it, but it’s not super high on my list either.

:nya-old: 4. New York Americans: I’ve never been a big fan of the Kevin Durant school of thinking: joining the top team in the league for the sole purpose of rings. I’d rather be the necessary piece to building something, rather than another in what’s already an assortment of riches. Plus, given that they’ve battled with Seattle the past couple seasons and Wingate most of his career, I’d feel like I’m going to the dark side.

:cal: 3. Calgary Wranglers: There’s a sizeable gap between the bottom four and the top three in my mind. The Wranglers are an up-and-coming team that I think could be a top contender with one more strong piece, are stocked with members I enjoy, and could be winning for a while. I’ve always been good with the GM as well. The only reason they’re not higher is because Wingate played 3.5 seasons there, and I wouldn’t mind trying something new.

:que: 2. Quebec City Meute: Some might be surprised to see them this high, given that they haven’t had much success in recent years. But I find Quebec intriguing for the same way I did Seattle at the beginning of my career – a rookie GM that has had some bad luck but is extremely active and trying hard to build something worthwhile. I think the franchise is going to want to win fairly soon, and I think it’d be fun to be a piece to help contribute to it.

:dav: 1. HC Davos Dynamo: From a pure player standpoint, I’m not sure there’s many better fits: A young team that’s ready to take a leap now, a bit closer than Quebec is, but could highly benefit from a top-line scorer to pair with some of its young guys. I like a lot of the guys that it has in the locker room, and it seems to be an active and fun team as well. Plus, Davos is one of those teams I’ve never played for, and it would be fun to try to guide a fourth different franchise to a title.

Just now, CowboyinAmerica said:

Figured as much, but that also means we might have a situation again with four rebuilding teams (Riga, Toronto, Seattle, Helsinki) and one makes the playoffs by default.

Your welcome to come to Quebec :) 

1 minute ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

Figured as much, but that also means we might have a situation again with four rebuilding teams (Riga, Toronto, Seattle, Helsinki) and one makes the playoffs by default.

I guess Seattle will if they won't sell all players.

42 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

Your welcome to come to Quebec :) 

He'll be going to Davos likely. We've been in talks. Hopefully his future GM is able to give a little more and meet in the middle considering the player has also expressed he wishes to play there and his insecurities about McAllister not signing/extending can slightly be put to rest. 

5 minutes ago, Banackock said:

He'll be going to Davos likely. We've been in talks. Hopefully his future GM is able to give a little more and meet in the middle considering the player has also expressed he wishes to play there and his insecurities about McAllister not signing/extending can slightly be put to rest. 

Future GM? Giving away another GM opening not announced yet ?

18 minutes ago, Banackock said:

News to my ears :P

Probably Davos, I'd guess as well. Obviously going to a rebuilder at this point is pointless for McAllister, but talking about it did boost the word count. :P

Toronto will basically be Sebastian Ironside, Tribuncovs, and a couple others next season.