The future of VHL teams. [1/2]

5ad4d04a820d1fe0b52a46f8d8616f8c--poki-h

*kinda perfect picture*

I was celebrating a name-day today. Congratulations to me! I'm also not in the best shape and the Riga LR already knows why. So this article won't be a something special, I was doing this before. There goes the future predictions for all 8 teams. 5 of them will get a more detalized guess.

ZsXsIWu.png&key=2ad449ca6625f843b5cf7d8a

GM: @Bushito

This team had problems with cap, but couple of minor trades solved all their troubles. Also, they once again are running with 5F 4D setup. Last time, it wasn't enough to make maximum noise, this time they are contending for the cup. But I think the 5/4 setup isn't going to do wonders, especially when the team has only one forward superstar in Canmore. Now let's talk about their future. I'd say they are having a bright future. They're having some old players like Bogdanovic and Kinkaid (who's retiring after this season), but other players are either on prime or still rookies. Also, majority of them are active (besides Corco). Bushito wasn't lying when he said that Calgary is here for a long time.

FUTURE: GOOD. Other team have their problems so Calgary is in a good shape. The mix of veterans and younger players is definitely helping this team. Also, there is Jordan Tonn who could jump to this team at some point.

qMyydOu.png&key=ec179e10cc9c6810b619ba65

GM: @Tyler

Finally we'll see Davos in action after four seasons of rebuilding. McAllister is going to have another MVP season IMO so that should give the Dynamo a boost. However, I'm not that sure about their future. Let's start with the fact this team's average age is already older than Calgary, that's not wassup. And they have more semi-actives too. Brodeur, Warlock, Axelsson and Gow (sort of). Three players will face the regression already next season, including a goalie Brodeur and the best D in Kane. We can argue that they have a young gun in Jokinen, but that may not be enough. I think Tyler will have to make a bold move soon, or this team could be done in like 2-3 seasons.

FUTURE: 60/40, There is a team that may sell soon so Davos could have a chance to prolong their contention window.

GV7gz6D.png&key=f15340b743a0d3f1c4b02125

GM: @Higgins

Dis Higgins. He was ready to step down, but then decided to have some fun and traded ONE first for FIVE good/star players. Helsinki is going for yet another back to back and they have a good chance on doing that - the roster is looking very good. I don't know what he's thinking about the future of this team (I guess he isn't thiking at all), but his words about finishing the next rebuild in 2020 may be a correct prediction in this one.

FUTURE: SELL AND REBUILD. We know that Higgins can find a chance out of nowhere, but he won't have an important piece for another miracle run - a goalie. King is retiring following this season and no other goalie would be available in the near future.

YkbcAci.png&key=2f5bbd72699cdc149e836a80

GM: @Spade18

Spade is the new NYA GM after STZ has decided to step down due to personal things. Looking at their roster, we can see a bunch of S57 guys. And the Kiaskov trade was the right thing to do since he's a also a S57 guy. So we could see that this team can contend for two more seasons at least and maybe they could do even further if the GM will be lucky with trades. I guess this team has no troubles in the near future...

FUTURE: VAGUE. And then here comes the a painful blow: Ike Arkander must retire following this season since he's not a GM player anymore. This is really a shitty situation for this team - as I already said earlier there are no goalies available in the near future. Spade is trying to save this team with changing Kingfisher's position to a goalie, but I think this won't help NY. I just don't see a team with 200 TPE goalie winning the championship so perhaps it's easier to sell the team after this season. 

kbDfIPB.png&key=9de04dd41cad7484aaf4ad3b

GM: @Beaviss

Quebec is a #5 team, but I can't say they are competing now. More like waiting for a team that would sell...maybe like NY. So let's just look at players. There are some questionable assets, like Sobeck (inactive) or Ball (very semi-active). Also, I'm not really sure about Zhields as Steezy took a break from VHL. In overall, this team still has a good potential, but Beaviss will have to decide the fate of some inactives or semi-actives in order to have a perfect future for his team.

FUTURE: NICE. I already said it all in previous four sentences.

ttuFXuQ.png&key=81e3354ef73b79a96c709226

GM: currently drunk

S3UYplM.png&key=bb0080572b896adac239a9e2

GM: @Banackock

Cm8DD5l.png&key=687143c034ef739ade265c47

GM: @DollarAndADream

FUTURE: STILL REBUILDING. I don't know what else I can say about these three teams. They only started the rebuilding process so it may take a while before these teams will jump into the fight for the cup. However, one of them could capitilaze on potential problems from Helsinki or NY and make an early push for a cheap price. I also need to mention that we may see the reincarnation of the S58 three-way rivalry between these three teams if they will be ready at the same time. Could be interesting to see this again, especially for Dollar who never won in a S58-59 period.

I can be proud of myself, I somehow managed to drag this thing to amost 1000 words. Imagine if I wasn't in that shape as I'm being right now. I want to wish a good luck to every VHL team in this season and let your plans be a successful ones. Well, except for Seattle, they can hold on with another three-four year rebuilding plan hehe.

I'm also not sure if I'm even drunk at this point, I wrote this article in one hour. That's not the worst result I've ever had. Yay my brains. But I guess the idea of this article was too easy to not doing it fast.

That's it and I'm out.

6x2=12 TPE goes to Kurtutecis

11.06 - 17.06

18.06 - 24.06

• 1 month later...