VHLM GM Spot (Vasteras/Moscow/St. Petersburg)

Corco

Sterling, did you make your relinquishment of the position predicated on a newer member receiving the job? This fiasco seems to have formulated instantaneously!

Yes, I thought that was pretty obvious when I stepped down. I was happy to see a number of newer members applying for the position and I'd rather have them doing it then me.

Well that makes this quite the dilemma then, doesn't it? I support Corc's decision to award IR the position, because he lost his GM job due to the commissioner position, which he subsequently lost. However, Sterling does have the right to request a specific type of a successor.

I do believe VHLM GM positions should have a proper balance of newer members, and veterans. Thankfully I have no say in this matter, it's tricky.

I wish to apply for the open VHLM GM spot.

I am currently a Grader and an Assistant GM under EaglesFan for the Yukon Rush. I have learned many things in the almost month and a quarter I have been here.

I understand that having an active locker room is very important as is being an active GM. The more active the GM, and the more they talk to potential players and players on their roster, the higher percentage that new recruits will stay active. As a VHLM GM, I realize that my main objective is to help nurture and grow young players to make it to the VHL, but I believe that I will be able to create a winning environment, while still helping the development of my players. My goal is to see each of my players remain active and secure a role on a VHL team.

My action plan:

1. I plan to have daily chats with recruits and players in my locker room. That way I can keep a social and active locker room, while also keeping recruits interested even if they do not land on my team.

2. I plan to discuss with each of my players what their plans are and hopefully be able to keep them active. I plan to constantly remind my players if they have not completed Point Tasks until they have done it or have given an adequate reason not to. Though this seems harsh, it will hopefully keep players active and show them that I care.

3. Though my main goal is to develop players, I will never sacrifice team success to do so. I will NEVER TANK! I believe tanking to be stupid. I will always try my best to bring in talent and ice my best players. If a player is on waivers, you can sure as hell bet ill be putting a claim in for them.

I believe that my work so far with Konstantin Azhishchenkov has shown that I am active and dedicated to the VHLM and VHL. I hope my applications shows my interest and dedication to this league, and I hope that you will pick the best person for this job.

Hired. The former GM of the team does have some say in who they want the successor to be.

Well that makes this quite the dilemma then, doesn't it? I support Corc's decision to award IR the position, because he lost his GM job due to the commissioner position, which he subsequently lost. However, Sterling does have the right to request a specific type of a successor.

I do believe VHLM GM positions should have a proper balance of newer members, and veterans. Thankfully I have no say in this matter, it's tricky.

I don't have as much problem with an older member getting it either if they don't have a poor history, but when there are newer applicants, I believe it should go to them. That's just my opinion. My opinion is also that IR is not a trustworthy member. That's also my opinion.

I don't have as much problem with an older member getting it either if they don't have a poor history, but when there are newer applicants, I believe it should go to them. That's just my opinion. My opinion is also that IR is not a trustworthy member. That's also my opinion.

That's a bit harsh to assert, wouldn't you agree? I don't know IR personally, but he remains an active member, who I believe has good intentions.

Wow. Thank you. But what about IR?

When weighing in how much each individual member has done for the league, sterling has done exponentially more than IR in terms of saving the league, funding it, etc. Sterling not only has a say in who his successor is because of that, but also because VHLM GMs can have a say in who their successor is.

Long founded history of dropping jobs.

But like I said, it's nothing personal against him, it's more so based on my belief newer members should be getting a shot over guys who have done it before. That's why I stepped down, it was hypocritical.

When weighing in how much each individual member has done for the league, sterling has done exponentially more than IR in terms of saving the league, funding it, etc. Sterling not only has a say in who his successor is because of that, but also because VHLM GMs can have a say in who their successor is.

Alright. Thank you

Well this was rather messy but congrats d3.

Haha, thanks Boom