The S62 Devereux Trophy talk

hedgehog337

Power-Skating-04.png

*a minor league goalie*

It appears that we will likely wait for the VHLM Mag longer than we thought. They're currently searching for more writers to get the second edition done. Kinda funny, but this thread will be VHLM related. I even had thoughts to apply for being a mag writer, but can't see myself writing about the minor league each week. But hey, you will get the VHLM article here at least.

So let's start it.

I believe it's @Beaviss said that the VHLM season is more fun than the big league. Seems kinda obvious since the recruitment crew brought a lot of first gens and some of them are literally starving for cementing their legacy on this league since day 1. That means there is a chance for a rivlary. And one of them is deserving my attention since it affects my goalie, Kallis Kriketers. I actually can join this rivalry for real, but at this moment, it's mainly about these two players: 

:veg:Alexander Pepper vs Cole Mertz [HALIFAX LOGO HAS YET TO BE MADE WTF]

I think these two squared off against each other since the start of the season. They already posted a couple of articles which contained some jabs against each other. Why I'm not vocal about this thing? Well, it's kinda odd to join the rivalry of two first gen goalies. And second of all, Kallis already has a VHL team, these two will be drafted later and it will be interesting which goalie is going first. By the way, not only this tense affects Kriketers. It also makes a huge impact of the Benoit Deveroux Trophy. For someone who doesn't know what is this - the best VHLM goalie award. So looks like all three goalie will fight for this prize: Tyler Smith is too quiet and is having worse stats than his teammate - colleague Cole Mertz. Weekes, Stoffiday and YoungBlood are playing in bottom three teams and their stats are taking a hit because of this.

But is it that obvious? Is this a three way fight?

latvia-goalie.jpg

My last question isn't coming out of nowhere. Probably some of us already know about this fact, but Cole Mertz only played 23 games so far. The other half was taken by Tyler Smith. Yes, he's having worse stats, but the member isn't inactive so the Halifax GM @ShawnGlade is giving a chance to both goalies to shine. But this also hurts Cole's chances on Deveroux trophy. Can we consider him as a real contender for this prize with probably ~40 games played even if his stats are superior to Pepper and Kallis'? After all, this season hasn't ended yet and these stats could change. But even if his stats will be better than his rivals by the end of the season? Could the number of games put a stophammer to a Halifax goalie? A bit hard to imagine that a goalie can win an award with only 40 something games played (and this number could be even lower if Shawn will continue to give both goalies an equal ammount of games started). Right now, the maximum number for Cole is 49 games, but I doubt he will play all remaining games.

So at this point it's more like Pepper vs Kallis for the top goalie award to be honest. Cole also could join in this conversartion, but this more depends on Shawn now...

@ColeMrtz21 @Sonnet get in here.

That's it and I'm out.

6 TPE to Kallis.

Just wanna say VHLM Mag is gonna be out in a few just need to finish the slack, but you right I probably won't be in the conversation this year because of split starts, so next season is where I have my sights. You and Pepper are gonna be a good fight though, I'm curious to see which one you ultimately comes through, especially since you've picked up a LOT since early season.

38 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

So at this point it's more like Pepper vs Kallis for the top goalie award to be honest. Cole also could join in this conversartion, but this more depends on Shawn now...

I'm getting called out what's goin on here.

But truthfully I kinda gotta split games. Bot everyday you have a Murray/Fleury situation for an expansion team. Since Smith's numbers are dropping Cole will start getting more games since he's our "starter" (loose term here though) but continue to split. He may not win Goalie of the season, but when he one ups Pepper and Kriketers by winning the cup, he won't complain

1 minute ago, ShawnGlade said:

but when he one ups Pepper and Kriketers by winning the cup, he won't complain

Watch me putting more TPE into reaction time and him going beast mode in playoffs sabu.png

...or he can suck in VHLM and be a beast for Riga, I will take it as well.

1 minute ago, hedgehog337 said:

Watch me putting more TPE into reaction time and him going beast mode in playoffs sabu.png

how baout we win the Founder's cup this season, and then Glade, Crimson, Nguyen and Kriketers can win the cup in Riga in S63 
<3

1 hour ago, hedgehog337 said:

image.thumb.png.704f17c601dc486fd18b2b02bf3656c4.png

what's your reaction time again?

So, FWIW, HFX started the year with more "closer to cap" players, so their stats are inflated, we will see what the playoffs hold, and if either of these goalies can hold their weight against Pepper. If the award is based on Regular season, it's hard to ignore 10 shutouts, on arguable the leagues "not best" team in the Aces, LVA came together during the season, Borwinn, Shawinganen, Gonzalez, Boucher, all started far far far below the likes of the HFX super stars, time will tell, underdogs? or does the fate lie in the stat sheet?

Would have been interesting to see either Mertz or Smith on Oslo... or Santos, or Asipi, or Miller, or Baros, or any active goalie with a pulse.

Stoffiday and Weekes holding it down for the actives on lesser teams (and arguably are the perfect two guys to do that with, as they should both be down again next season, when their teams should be better) but it would have been a curious little experiment if the team with a 30 TPE inactive all season had a GM who actually bothered to sign anyone at all.