wtf sim?

Cornflakers

• Commissioner
2 hours ago, Victor said:

Sterling says he played around with the sliders for Jenskovic, his defenceman and made a lower scoring league but that's the extent of the evidence. I don't know if the sliders were cranked up to be offensive for Campbell. Equally it's not unfathomable that he was the best player in the league as he had the most TPE by a fair amount (and 400 to 600 is a bigger difference than 800 to 1000) having a guaranteed 9 TPE/week. So I personally don't think it was full on riggery if at all.

There’s also the fact that absolutely none of us knew what we were doing at the time  and Scotty was the only one with the sim engine to actually test what would and wouldn’t work. We take it for granted that we all understand what stats do what now and such, that was never really a thing back in the first season aside from Scotty because he was the one with STHS.

I don’t think anything was rigged, Scotty just had exactly the right combination of advantages over everyone else.

6 hours ago, Fire Hakstol said:

@Victor @Beketov @sterling who was it that actually rigged in the first few seasons? Was it Scotty?

Lol. I never said it was rigged, and I mean the i hope the VHL is more stable as in WYSIWYG, and, since we can apply all tpe as tpa, hopefully we can get on a team that is active, I’m not sure where to look, but I’d be curiously to see the season head to head ott v LVA, because I just remember winning more games than losing 5-1. Closer to the end of the year, as ott may have signed FAs or made trades, or banded together as a team to hit tpe caps idk, I now realize I wasn’t looking at the right roster/stats so my expectation was “our team is so on par, why did we get rekt” but it’s probably more like LVA was the underdogs even against ott /shrug 

1 hour ago, Cornflakers said:

Lol. I never said it was rigged, and I mean the i hope the VHL is more stable as in WYSIWYG, and, since we can apply all tpe as tpa, hopefully we can get on a team that is active, I’m not sure where to look, but I’d be curiously to see the season head to head ott v LVA, because I just remember winning more games than losing 5-1. Closer to the end of the year, as ott may have signed FAs or made trades, or banded together as a team to hit tpe caps idk, I now realize I wasn’t looking at the right roster/stats so my expectation was “our team is so on par, why did we get rekt” but it’s probably more like LVA was the underdogs even against ott /shrug 

I mean I do think Ottawa were the stronger team on paper, at least at the end of the season if not most of the second half. I think you guys benefitted early on from guys like Revchenko who came into the season with a bunch of TPE, whereas most of my guys were draftees and took the season to get there, but in the end we had enough guys get to a reasonable point that I do think we were moderately the stronger team (and would have been more so, had it not been for Trifecta retiring James and creating Axelsson, thus splitting his season's worth of TPE between two guys). Given not being able to add past 200, any advantage a Revchenko might have over a Wilinsky for example, during the season, is negligible at this stage. Do I think we were 4 games to 1 stronger? Probably not. A justified result would probably have been Ottawa in 6 or 7, or even Vegas in 7. Ottawa in 5 wasn't an unheard of result, but it probably wasn't exactly the perfect result for talent balance.

3 hours ago, Cornflakers said:

I'm not saying you said that, it just made me think of it.

3 hours ago, diamond_ace said:

I mean I do think Ottawa were the stronger team on paper, at least at the end of the season if not most of the second half. I think you guys benefitted early on from guys like Revchenko who came into the season with a bunch of TPE, whereas most of my guys were draftees and took the season to get there, but in the end we had enough guys get to a reasonable point that I do think we were moderately the stronger team (and would have been more so, had it not been for Trifecta retiring James and creating Axelsson, thus splitting his season's worth of TPE between two guys). Given not being able to add past 200, any advantage a Revchenko might have over a Wilinsky for example, during the season, is negligible at this stage. Do I think we were 4 games to 1 stronger? Probably not. A justified result would probably have been Ottawa in 6 or 7, or even Vegas in 7. Ottawa in 5 wasn't an unheard of result, but it probably wasn't exactly the perfect result for talent balance.

This is pretty much exactly how I feel. Thanks for articulating :)

im more so pissed that the “player list” on the portal didn’t have proper team listings lol

9 hours ago, Victor said:

Sterling says he played around with the sliders for Jenskovic, his defenceman and made a lower scoring league but that's the extent of the evidence. I don't know if the sliders were cranked up to be offensive for Campbell. Equally it's not unfathomable that he was the best player in the league as he had the most TPE by a fair amount (and 400 to 600 is a bigger difference than 800 to 1000) having a guaranteed 9 TPE/week. So I personally don't think it was full on riggery if at all.

Yeah I don’t think there’s anyway to go back and look, but the changes to the scoring in the second generation were more than coincidental imo