SEA/TOR ; S62 Off-Season

Banackock

To Seattle :sea:

Robert Malenko @pennypenny

Jake Davis @Reives

To Toronto :tor:

S63 SEA 1st

S64 SEA 1st

Seattle needed to make a move. Great pieces in the draft, but I believe in both these guys. We addressed a hole at D and add onto our strong offensive abilities which was on display last season. Welcome to the team, boys. Thank ya @DollarAndADream

@Reives@pennypenny

It was great having you guys while I had you. I intended to compete, and I was all for competing with the rest and with you guys. The plan was to switch Ironside to C, and draft a defenseman in the top 5. We would have been a decent team with a good shot.

But, I mean...there's a lot of competition, and my interest as GM was dwindling fast. It just wasn't fair to everyone in the organization, myself included. This trade enabled me to duck out quick, and give the next GM something to build off of and make the team their own, rather than having guys from the old GM tag along. A fresh start for a new GM.

Jake Davis will be a great player in the VHL and so will Malenko for many seasons. Good luck in Seattle.

8 hours ago, Victor said:

I can't blame you, you've had historically bad luck with this rebuild.

Can't say I didn't have fun. My era with Boeser/Reinholdt/Sokolov/Torstein Ironside, etc etc was really fun. We kind of got fucked in the playoffs every year with Ironside being outplayed by lesser goalies, but it is what it is. I definitely had to end that run earlier than I wanted to.

This was I was pretty excited for as well. Malenko and S.Ironside gave me an immediate 1-2 on defense. Davis was my RW for the future, Carison was good to have in net. Would have been interesting to draft a defenseman, switch S.Ironside to C and see what happened.

But, I decided to bow out. Riga just got better and better, and won lotteries over my team which was bundles shittier. The Reign got propelled to the top real quick, and then helped out even further. Then there's the other teams going to compete. There's more teams competing soon than usual, and then this offer came around. Figured I'd use it as an opportunity to hang my hat and let some of my great players have a fun time in Seattle.

Now Carison is OTB. I want to give him a good home.