Finn Davison Press Conference

Bayley

Image result for gabriel dumont press conference

UK Goaltender, Finn Davison has stepped to the podium to answer any and all questions in which may come up. I will entertain any questions. He currently is unsigned and is in the middle of negotiation with a couple VHLM teams. Ask away. 

1. Which team do you hope to sign for in the VHLM?

2. Is beer included in your off season workout? And if not, why not?

3. Have you created your goalie after any other goalie that you admire?

4. How I'd the VHL/M working out for you at this moment.?

5. Do you play hockey in real life? If not, why not?

1.) Which VHL team has the best combination of team name, location, and logo?

2.) Which VHLM team has the best combination of team name, location, and logo?

3.) I know you've only been here for a short period of time, but if there was one thing you could change about the VHL or VHLM, what would it be?

4.) What has been your favorite thing about the VHL/VHLM so far?

5.) Do you value individual awards or team success more?

1. What has been/what was the hardest part about the time when looking for a team to play in?

2. Could you ever see yourself being in a backup role?

3. If you would have to pick one goalie from VHL right now, who is the goalie you look up to the most?

4. How popular is hockey in UK?

5. Do you plan on playing in UK some day?

On 10/16/2018 at 2:40 PM, hedgehog337 said:

1. Is there any pressure knowing you're coming from a well known player agency?

2. How's Ottawa?

3. Do you feel you can repeat Kallis' last year success?

4. Any VHL team you like more already than others?

5. Do you hope you will sign an endorsement?

1. I do not think there really is any pressure. I am not really too well-known, so I think I will be looked at as someone that is very new. I think that has its ups and it's downs. I will likely be taken as a guy that is a new create which is perfectly fine with me. I am happy to be looked at as so. 

2. Ottawa is great. All of the guys have been awesome, I really cannot complain with it at all. I am excited to get my pads and helmet in and get going. It has been a long ride from the UK to Ottawa, so I am excited just to get there. 

3. There is a lot of learning that I still need to do. I would love to be known as successful, but I would hate to compare myself to him. He had a great season, if I can be put on the same pedestal as he was, I consider that to be a success. There is a lot I need to do and learn to be like that, I expect to share ice time right now, but I hope to be the starter by the end of the season. 

4. Honestly, I am open to any team. I am going to be someone that is about the team, so I want someone that needs me or wants to have me on their team. I will do what was the best for the team is. When I get settled into Ottawa, I will have a chance to look more into those teams, right now, I am open to any team that needs me. 

5. Haterade stepped to the plate and did sign me. I am super excited to be on board with those chaps, I can't wait to get working and moving for their brand. 

On 10/21/2018 at 4:11 PM, Exlaxchronicles said:

1. Which team do you hope to sign for in the VHLM?

2. Is beer included in your off season workout? And if not, why not?

3. Have you created your goalie after any other goalie that you admire?

4. How I'd the VHL/M working out for you at this moment.?

5. Do you play hockey in real life? If not, why not?

1. I did sign with the Ottawa Lynx. Oslo did make a push to sign me, but I really wanted those starter minutes to improve. It is hard to know what you are doing wrong if you do not step on the ice. I would love to prove all of the other teams wrong, without question. 

2. I am form the UK, so of course I am drinking beer, a lot of beer. Just do not tell my General Managers, that can be our little secret. 

3. I mean, I like to be my own guy, but I am a huge fan of Tuukka Rask, but the good Rask. Not the one that chokes all the time, the better version of him. I really like his style of play being aggressive while also being in the butterfly. 

4. It is working out, I very much love it. My goal is to be the #1 goalie of my draft class, I am on my way to that goal, I will not stop until I am there. 

5. I do, yes. I did tear my ACL, so that definitely cut into those plans, but I do play. 

Thank you for those! I will answer 2 more next week! Keep them coming. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2018 at 4:38 PM, Fire Hakstol said:

1.) Which VHL team has the best combination of team name, location, and logo?

2.) Which VHLM team has the best combination of team name, location, and logo?

3.) I know you've only been here for a short period of time, but if there was one thing you could change about the VHL or VHLM, what would it be?

4.) What has been your favorite thing about the VHL/VHLM so far?

5.) Do you value individual awards or team success more?

1. I really love the Quebec City team. My god is that sleak. I love Huskies, so that is what I would say the best logo easily. I will be very honest with you, I have no idea what a Meute is if I did not look at the team info and see that it was a Wolfpack. I love the city, the location, everything. I would say that this would be the top one for me. This would be it by far. 

2. The VHLM is tough, I really love the look of the Ottawa Lynx, but I love the name, logo, and concept for the Las Vegas Aces. I love the color scheme, the logo, everything about it. I like the idea of a team being in LV as well, so that is definitely what I would say would be my favorite. 

3. I do not know enough to know what to change. I really would have to be here longer to know what it would be, get back to me in like 6 months and I will be able to tell you more. 

4. I really like the community, and I have to say the portal is great. It makes the process of updating painless, which is so much better. I would say that everything including the stats, the portal, and the display is absolutely fantastic. I have to say that it is one of my favorite things across sim leagues. 

5. Team success, without question. I very much want to be someone that wins, I do not care if I have to come off the bench, but obviously I prefer starting. I want to win, first and foremost. I want to win. 

On 10/22/2018 at 4:22 PM, jRuutu said:

1. What has been/what was the hardest part about the time when looking for a team to play in?

2. Could you ever see yourself being in a backup role?

3. If you would have to pick one goalie from VHL right now, who is the goalie you look up to the most?

4. How popular is hockey in UK?

5. Do you plan on playing in UK some day?

1. I mean, I was looking for the best chance of playing. I was always looking for somewhere to play where I can have a chance to start. No one had an opportunity for me to play really outright. I talked to a couple teams, but I definitely want to play. I feel like I have too much talent to be sitting on the bench wasting it, so I wanted to play. It was tough to find a team that wanted me to play for them to start. 
  2. We all have to start somewhere, don't we? Do I want to be a backup? I would not lie to say to you that I want to be on the bench. Of course, I want to start. I think that would be my top goal, I will get to be a starter, I will not stop until I get there. 
  3. I would have to say Alexander Pepper. He is a recent draftee that made his way onto a team right away. Honestly, I respect that, and that's what I want from myself. I would say that he is someone I look up to. I know he has a huge future which I want to say about myself as well. 
  4. It is getting there. With every exciting prospect and everyone that plays in the big leagues, the better it gets. 
  5. Yes, I will be on the UK team. I can promise you that. I am from  there, so to play for my country is my goal. It would honestly be a dream to play for my country. 

@Poptart

1.) Currently Ottawa is 6-8 when you start and 3-10 when you don't. Do you think you should be starting full time at this point?

2.) Which shooter has been the hardest for you to stop?

3.) What's your Gatorade flavor of choice?

4.) What part of your game needs the most work?

5.) Who is your favorite teammate?

On 11/4/2018 at 1:30 PM, omgitshim said:

@Poptart

1.) Currently Ottawa is 6-8 when you start and 3-10 when you don't. Do you think you should be starting full time at this point?

2.) Which shooter has been the hardest for you to stop?

3.) What's your Gatorade flavor of choice?

4.) What part of your game needs the most work?

5.) Who is your favorite teammate?

1. You know, I have been saying that for a while, it is tough to tell the coach what to do, but when you look at the numbers, it shows, that I should be playing more. I do understand that he wants to split the starts, it is what I went into Ottawa knowing. We are 9-9 when I am in net and 3-10 when I am not. I mean, I do not want to be last, I am young, I know I am, but the numbers show. It is tough to get in a rhythm when you are only starting half of the games. I always want to be in net, but I trust what the Coach does. I want to be out there every damn game, man. 

2. All of them *laughs*. This has really been a brutal season. I have given up 56 goals this season, that is less than ideal for anyone. I know I have had over 450 shots my way and playing every other game, but I want to be way better than that. I need to be way better than that. I really have a tough time saying I am where I need to be. I am giving up way too much right now, I need to be better. 

3. I have to say the Fruit Punch. I am not sure what about it, but I just love that damn stuff. I could drink that all the time. It is great for electrolytes as well as for thirst. I would love to recommend it to anyone. 

4. All of it. I am someone that is so hard on myself. I need to work hard. I am giving up 3+ goals per game, I want that under 3 by the end of the season. I need to work on everything. With goaltending, it all kind of goes together. If you are giving up too many rebounds, maybe you have to be quicker, maybe you have to anticipate, it could be a lot of different things. 

5. You are going to do that to me, man? I am not going to pick one, I would not hear the end of it. The people in the locker room have been great, coach has been great. There is nothing to complain about, honestly. 

1. Who's winning the VHLM Championship this year, and why?

2. Who are some dark horses to look out for in this year's VHL draft? 

3. How is the locker room for the Lynx this year after their Founders' Cup win?

4. Taking into account scoring, personality, defending, and whatever else you want, who do you think is your favourite player in the VHLM at the moment?

5. Should Milan Lucic be suspended for what he did last night? Video

• 4 weeks later...

1. Trump and Trudeau have been summoned to fight to the death. Who wins and what's their weapon of choice? Please make me laugh.

2. What stinks when living and smells good when dead? (riddle time, baby)

3. What is your favourite sport? Who is your favourite team? 

4. Fuck one, kill one, marry one - GO! (Blake Lively, Beyonce, Margot Robbie). Google, em.

5. If you could invent something right now, what would your beautiful inventions be?

@Poptart

On 11/7/2018 at 3:56 PM, Enorama said:

1. Who's winning the VHLM Championship this year, and why?

2. Who are some dark horses to look out for in this year's VHL draft? 

3. How is the locker room for the Lynx this year after their Founders' Cup win?

4. Taking into account scoring, personality, defending, and whatever else you want, who do you think is your favourite player in the VHLM at the moment?

5. Should Milan Lucic be suspended for what he did last night? Video

1. I first apologize about being so late! I guess I lost track of time, this has been a whirlwind for me, it has been crazy. You look at the playoffs, everyone wanted Yukon to win, everyone thought that they would win. We have been putting up a huge fight, we are not going to go down easy. I love our chances if we can go ahead and win this Championship. I believe in ourselves, no question about it. 

2. Let's see, I really like the look of Piotr Jewa, Pat Svoboda, Anton Edvin, and Rocky LaGarza. I would have to see these guys are going to really be the dark horses. I really like how these guys look. I think they are going to be great, someone will really like what they see from these guys, especially if they can get a steal in LaGarza. I would say those are going to be great.

3. The locker room is great. I really enjoy it. They have been great to answer all of my questions and get everyone together. We brought in some more active players, it is going to be very helpful. 

4. Oh my, are you serious? I am going to not pick one of my teammates because there are so many to choose one. I have been following Brick Wahl as everyone knows. I think she has to be my favorite player. I am going to go with her. It's tough to pick just one, but that is who I would have to go with. 

5. I think he should. It was a cheap move. Lucic is a cheap player. 

On 12/3/2018 at 7:53 PM, Banackock said:

1. Trump and Trudeau have been summoned to fight to the death. Who wins and what's their weapon of choice? Please make me laugh.

2. What stinks when living and smells good when dead? (riddle time, baby)

3. What is your favourite sport? Who is your favourite team? 

4. Fuck one, kill one, marry one - GO! (Blake Lively, Beyonce, Margot Robbie). Google, em.

5. If you could invent something right now, what would your beautiful inventions be?

@Poptart

1. I am going go with Trudeau wins. I expect that he would bring some poutine as well as some crepes. I expect that he would put some hair dye into those items. I realize this is not funny, I am not creative. But imagine trying to color a tupee? That thought in my mind made me laugh, so that's why I went there. I suck and I feel bad. 

2. Oh, I am horrible at riddles. I am going to go with a pig? 

3. My favorite sport is soccer. I am a huge fan of the Tottenham Hotspur. If you are a United, Chelsea, or Arsenal fan, I need you to just exit stage right. I am a big fan of them. 

4. Fuck: Margot Robbie   Marry: Blake Lively   Kill: Beyonce -- Beyonce is a stunner, but I feel like she would annoy me. I'd marry Blake because I'd also marry Ryan Reynolds so hell yeah. And Margot is probably crazy in bed, so yes please. 

5. I would invent a flying car. Who the hell likes sitting in traffic? Just transport me there, please. 

• 2 weeks later...

1. Excited for the draft?

2. Were you hoping to steal at least one game from Sasky in finals?

3. Are you worried you may end up as the backup in your rookie season?

4. Has any team contacted you?

5. Is there any rivalry between Wahl and you?

6. Your opinion on the recent controversy about Calgary?

7. Which round do you think you will be picked?

8. Why this player's name not based on wrestling?

9. Excited about the woman TLC match?

10. Which country is better - USA or Canada?

On 12/16/2018 at 3:14 PM, hedgehog337 said:

1. Excited for the draft?

2. Were you hoping to steal at least one game from Sasky in finals?

3. Are you worried you may end up as the backup in your rookie season?

4. Has any team contacted you?

5. Is there any rivalry between Wahl and you?

6. Your opinion on the recent controversy about Calgary?

7. Which round do you think you will be picked?

8. Why this player's name not based on wrestling?

9. Excited about the woman TLC match?

10. Which country is better - USA or Canada?

1. I am excited about the draft, it was such a crazy feeling getting my name called. Now, I have to figure out where in the world Davos is. I have to find it on the map or maybe Mapquest. I could not be more happy about the landing spot. 

2. I was always looking to steal as many games as we could. It sucks, I thought we could actually win, to be honest. We took down the top ranked team, I really wanted to win it all, to fall short really sucked. 

3. I am not worried about that at all. I will work for my role just like I did in  Ottawa. I had to prove myself in order to be given the reigns to the goal, guess what, I did and I was in the net for the Championship. 

4. There was no team that reached out to me before draft day. 

5. There is a fun rivalry. I would not really call it a rivalry. I would say it is more of a competition. She is someone I am excited to compete against, I do not think it will be anything but laughs and smiles when Davos faces Calgary. 

6. No comment, I look forward to facing Calgary on the ice. 

7. I think 3rd was where I expected, it was where I was projected, it made a lot of sense. 

8. I mean.. FINN, I just came up with the last name. I thought about making it more wrestling-y, but I decided to just go with Finn. 

9. I thought it was a fantastic match. I do not know why there are not more people talking about it. It was one of the best matches of the night honestly. I hope they do something fun at WrestleMania or even Takeover since I will be at both. 

10. USA, no question. 

• 7 months later...

1. As the new AGM of Vegas, what ideas do you have for the team?

2. Davos has struggled this season. Can they still make the playoffs?

3. Do you like the direction Davos is heading? Do you plan to stay there your entire career?

4. Are you satisfied with your players performance?

5. Favorite Ben and Jerry's flavor?

6. You're a Boston guy. What do you think about the Celtics offseason, the Bruins game 7 loss, and the Red Sox struggles? 

@Poptart

• 2 weeks later...

1. First off, hey bud. Secondly, how's the career going so far?

2. Any regrets to picking a goalie yet?

3. If you could have picked your team (say all teams needed a goalie), what team would you have been wanted to be drafted to?

4. Will you be returning after Davison ends?

5. If you do return, what position is to come?

• 3 months later...

Bana's Quick Q's

What are your thoughts on your season?

What are your thoughts on how your team is doing?

Who do you think wins MVP?

Who has been your teams best player?

If you were to drop the gloves with any other VHLer, who would it be and why? don't be afraid to tag a bitch. 

Who makes it to the finals out of North America?

Who makes it out for Europe?

If the VHLM were to move Mexico but keep logo/name, where would you rebrand em to?

What are your thoughts on 12 days of Christmas?

What are you doing this year for the holiday season?

What are you hoping to get for presents this year?

Tell the league and those who lurk creepily reading these... a fact about you as a member.

[A few for your to pick and answer etc]

@Poptart

• 2 months later...

BANA PC BOMB

run away nuclear explosion GIF by Identity

1. Do you have any fears? If so, list and shit.

2. Do you have any pet peeves? If so, list and shit.

3. What's something you're looking forward to in 2020?

4. What is something you're not looking forward to in 2020?

5. Where is the next place you plan to travel to? OR, where do you want to go if you could etc.

6. What is your GO-TO snack?

7. What is your favourite food or food that you crave most?

@Poptart