Vancouver Wolves Press Conference

Beaviss

16 hours ago, Girts said:

My bad! I rescind my statement with sincere apologies! I must have confused Rip and Thunder, which I now apologize to Thunder for! 😁

OUCH!!

Chuck Norris Yes GIF by Sony Pictures Television

Yeah!! The season has started!?!?!

Here are first sims done of the new season so I guess I will ask about expectations for this season and hopes/dreams and everything else nice in between. Since I am a few glasses behind in the whiskey this might be more interesting to me than you but either way I hope this makes sense so here we are:

1.     Practical jokes are they good or bad? Explain…

2.     Trueno played a bad joke today with claiming sims where completed and Vancouver started 2-0. Yet STHS put up the finger shortly after making us go 0-2 so what should be Trueno punishment be?

3.     Do you have a story about counting your eggs before they hatched? Either in the VHL or anywhere else? Please share!!

4.     Boss man is away officially as I write this camping so do you like camping; explain why or why not?

5.     Best or Worse camping trip every and why? Explain….

6.     Do you play games or surf the net when drinking? Why or why not?

7.     Riddle:  I flicker and dance and keep bears away, tell stories around me, I'll make your day. What am I?

Phoebe Waller-Bridge Burn GIF by Saturday Night Live

@Frank@Gaikoku-hito@Beketov@leafsman@Subject056@Scurvy@ScottyP@traphag@Smarch@Thunder@Girts@KaleebtheMighty

Edited by Gaikoku-hito

1. Pratical jokes are fun but not against STHS- it gets angry

2. It was heartbreaking.  Search and I logged into discord and saw we won 2 as claimed by Trueno, angering the STHS gods giving us an 0-2 start.  I say @frank bag skates him for 2 straight days and no White Claws for a month.

3. I an sure I do but cant think of one

4. I used to like camping but the older I get it just feels like I don't find it as fun.

5. Tent camping for a week where it rained hard the entire time

6. Will play xbox sometimes while drinking.   And I guess I surf phone as well

When you pull a prank on STHS, you pay for it.  It’s not good.  Fools gotta learn.

2.     Trueno played a bad joke today with claiming sims where completed and Vancouver started 2-0. Yet STHS put up the finger shortly after making us go 0-2 so what should be Trueno punishment be?

Whatever the team captain says.  Or Frank.  That was an unforgivable thing to do.  Trueno needs to be bitch slapped for sure.

3.     Do you have a story about counting your eggs before they hatched? Either in the VHL or anywhere else? Please share!!

I do that shit all the time.

4.     Boss man is away officially as I write this camping so do you like camping; explain why or why not?

Oh yes, it takes 20 minutes to go to our campsite and we suffer by sleeping in a queen bed and are supposed to keep the dog on leash.  The pool is only 78 degrees and is a mile from our site.  Right now, campfires are not allowed.  The fridge in the shed is almost out of beer, the bottle of Jameson in the cabinet is low.  The neighboring site changed his internet password.  I’m struggling having to rough it there.

Memorial Weekend 2004.  PIssing down rain, we had tent trailer at the time and the bathroom was 150 yards from our site at KOA.  Only good thing out of it was when we got home, wife said to get a new trailer with a bathroom and I said we need a new truck for that….  She said get one!!!  

Usually only drink at campground so we are playing games.  Only time at house is in hot tub.

7.     Riddle:  I flicker and dance and keep bears away, tell stories around me, I'll make your day. What am I?

Taylor Swift

10 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

Here are first sims done of the new season so I guess I will ask about expectations for this season and hopes/dreams and everything else nice in between. Since I am a few glasses behind in the whiskey this might be more interesting to me than you but either way I hope this makes sense so here we are:

7.     Riddle:  I flicker and dance and keep bears away, tell stories around me, I'll make your day. What am I?

@Frank@Gaikoku-hito@Beketov@leafsman@Subject056@Scurvy@ScottyP@traphag@Smarch@Thunder@Girts@KaleebtheMighty

1. Practical jokes are ok but you have to know your audience, in a team setting it may be more acceptable than a personal joke on someone

2. Yes major punishment because now we are 0-4 and it's all his fault, so we should make him wash Gavilrovs underwear by hand after the next game. 

3. Probably a few early celebrations in sports over the years but can't remember one specific

4. Yes I enjoy camping, I like being in the outdoors and just chilling by campfire and exploring during the day 

5. When I was a kid, got sprayed by a skunk in camp, my parents had to pack up camp and drive us home in middle of night

6. I really only drink socially, so when I'm at home surfing the web I don't drink but may partake in other enjoyments

7. Campfire

On 8/9/2024 at 8:08 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

1) Depends, I love roasting the boys and playing jokes…but I don’t mess with peoples food…food is serious business to me. 
2) Every time we lose two in a row, he should have write - I will not fuck with Simon, VHL hockey god…200 times and post it. 
3) I try not to get too excited about things until they happen or until I accomplish the thing…whatever it is. 
4) it’s growing on me…camping with things to do, lake, hiking, campfire drinking…has more appeal than it used to for sure. 
5) Worst…church camp when I was younger…older kids took me fishing, caught some trout, gutted them and threw the guts on me…fuck this guys. lol 

6) Used to get pretty sauced playing NHL on Xbox with Scurvy…he loved that…lol…I enjoy a night cap on my deck scrolling Twitter watching the world go crazy. 
7) Campfire?!?

Episode 12 Dog GIF by The Simpsons

Dogs Chasing tails……

After the curse of the STHS gods due to one of the players ill-timed practical joke the Vancouver Wolves are doing something that they are sort of born to do!! Chase!! The Vancouver Wolves are now back over five hundred after a 0-5 start to the season so how will the rest of the season play-out?

1.     Are you surprised by the fact that Vancouver have managed to turn around the early season issues?

2.     Riga Reign have been on fire to start the season with Shubham Anand leading the league in points? Did you see this coming why or why not?

3.     With Summers retiring at the end of last season; who is the new Goat Goaltender in the league? Why?

4.     Without cheating who is leading the Vancouver Wolves in goals (16game mark)? And do you think they continue to lead the team in scoring?

5.     Sheeeesh!! I just looked at who leads the team in PIM by a long shot so who do you think leads the team in PIM and with how many PIM? (Game 16)

6.     Riddle: I twinkle above in the quiet night, Guiding sailors with my light. In summer’s eve, I’m your gaze, A map of old, in the sky’s maze.
What am I?

Ugh!! The feeling that you get when you realize Summer is ending!!

Sad End Of Summer GIF by Xyngular

Edited by Gaikoku-hito

5 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

2.     Riga Reign have been on fire to start the season with Shubham Anand leading the league in points? Did you see this coming why or why not?

I did see it coming because frank paid me to put my back up in

1.     Are you surprised by the fact that Vancouver have managed to turn around the early season issues?

Not at all. I knew Frank would fix things. He just needed a vacation first.

Have they now?  Nope, i didnt see that coming at all.  But since @Lemorse7 has been given Frank a hard time in the locker room, I hope Riga’s “fire” goes out quickly.

3.     With Summers retiring at the end of last season; who is the new Goat Goaltender in the league? Why?

Red Panda

4.     Without cheating who is leading the Vancouver Wolves in goals (16game mark)? And do you think they continue to lead the team in scoring?

Liv Slater, Owen Lazaro, Logan Ninefingers, Mark Calaway, Riley Martin, PMB, or Rip Wheeler, I think.

5.     Sheeeesh!! I just looked at who leads the team in PIM by a long shot so who do you think leads the team in PIM and with how many PIM? (Game 16)

Ha ha that’s easy.  The same one who has the most fights.  Guntis.

6.     Riddle: I twinkle above in the quiet night, Guiding sailors with my light. In summer’s eve, I’m your gaze, A map of old, in the sky’s maze.
What am I?

A bottle of Jameson

On 8/16/2024 at 12:12 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

Dogs Chasing tails……

After the curse of the STHS gods due to one of the players ill-timed practical joke the Vancouver Wolves are doing something that they are sort of born to do!! Chase!! The Vancouver Wolves are now back over five hundred after a 0-5 start to the season so how will the rest of the season play-out?

6.     Riddle: I twinkle above in the quiet night, Guiding sailors with my light. In summer’s eve, I’m your gaze, A map of old, in the sky’s maze.
What am I?

1. Not surprised at all. We have a team that constantly does PT tasks so it was only a matter of time.

2. I thought Riga would have a good year after how they finished last season.

3. Vidarsson.

4. Ninefingers?

5. Guntis?

6. I read you tinkle at night and can’t stop laughing 

Edited by Smarch

On 8/16/2024 at 2:12 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

Dogs Chasing tails……

What am I?

1. Not surprised at all, this team rules and I knew we'd turn it around. 

2. No, never heard of him so didn't see this coming at all.

3. Hard to say, I'd need to look at stats so for now I will say whoever backstopped the last championship. 

4. Maybe Lazaro? but I think Ninefingers will lead us in goals at end of season, or Martin. 

5. Me! Your boy Guntis Gavilrovs of course! 

6. North star

No. But I am surprised Simon has disrespected us two seasons in a row. I expect some long winning streaks coming up. 

Riga has a nice mix of high end players and mid level players. But I thought Gunner and McFleury would be the top producers not Anand and Leitner. They're going to be a tough out this post season. 

I think Syko deserves it but there's lots of great candidates like Vidarsson, Dilson, Artyomov, Red Panada etc... We'll see who the sim likes best over the next few seasons.

Answering this late but my guess is Rip @ScottyP has been potting them early this season.

Has to be Gavilrovs. That being said it also feels like he has been more disciplined this season which has ped to more points. 

6.     Riddle: I twinkle above in the quiet night, Guiding sailors with my light. In summer’s eve, I’m your gaze, A map of old, in the sky’s maze.
What am I?

@Thunder said a bottle of Jameson. That's good enough for me.

Awkward Keri Russell GIF by Golden Globes

Mid-season brain drain?

Here I am trying to think of thinks to ask this week and I cannot really come up with anything. Am I that checked out at the moment due to my vacation or is it due to the fact that I am heading back to work next week after two months off. Ah the joys of being a teacher.

1.     If you had to teach any subject at school which subject, would you teach and why?

2.     Did you enjoy going back to school after the summer break? Why or why not?

3.     What is the best part of Fall season?

4.     What event if any are you looking forward to? Why?

5.     What has been the most surprising aspect of the VHL season so far?

6.     Riddle: Why did the student eat his homework?
Answer:

Spoiler

The teacher told him it was a piece of cake!! LOL!!

Excited Happy Birthday GIF by Mickey Mouse

It has been a cake walk for Vancouver now; right?

1.     If you had to teach any subject at school which subject, would you teach and why?

It doesnt matter what subject I would teach, it would more depend on the grade level and the school.  I would not do well in a school with undisciplined idiots who dont want to try to learn anything and an administration who are afraid of their own shadows.

2.     Did you enjoy going back to school after the summer break? Why or why not?

I dont get a summer break.  I have to keep the front lawn looking like Fenway infield, keep the garden in the back weed free, get wood for the winter, stock up wood at the campground, keep the greenbelt clean and trimmed up, and get a supply of fish to last the year.  Oh, also have to get things ready for the shitty wet winter!

Football and hockey, plus the nice chilly nights and warm days.  Sleeping is nice and fresh.   Prepping for the rain isnt quite so fun tho

I have a trip to Iowa scheduled in September and then a cruise the end of October.  I’m gonna put both of those trips on the looking forward to list.

STHS caught me by surprise because he’s very sensitive and held it against the whole team when I made the comment before the first game.  

6.     Riddle: Why d

My guess is because he didnt want to blame it on the dog so he ate it, but I could be wrong as usual.  

On 8/22/2024 at 2:32 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

Awkward Keri Russell GIF by Golden Globes

Mid-season brain drain?

Here I am trying to think of thinks to ask this week and I cannot really come up with anything. Am I that checked out at the moment due to my vacation or is it due to the fact that I am heading back to work next week after two months off. Ah the joys of being a teacher.

6.     Riddle: Why did the student eat his homework?
Answer:

Reveal hidden contents

The teacher told him it was a piece of cake!! LOL!!

Excited Happy Birthday GIF by Mickey Mouse

It has been a cake walk for Vancouver now; right?

1. I can't go within 500 years of a school, so........

2. No i never enjoyed going back to school at any time. Summer, weekends, breaks throughout the year. 

3. No experiencing nut soup like weather. 

4. My kids 1st birthday is coming up in October. Milestone is we kept him  out of any hospital visits for one year, so that's always a win as a parent. 

5. The biggest surprise is David Rashford being listed as a first gen when i looked up the stat leaders. 

6. Short Skirt/Long Jacket - Cake. 

1 hour ago, Smarch said:

Milestone is we kept him  out of any hospital visits for one year, so that's always a win as a parent. 

Yeah, Something I failed horrible at!! LOL!!! As both my sons where in Hospital almost right from the start due to complications at birth and then the oldest one stuck a sticker in his ear, got a toy train stuck in between his teeth (somehow) and he also had X-rays for something else. You need to watch him as he seems to be a bit special. Oh, the youngest also had a virus that seen him in Hospital for a few days as he fought that off. Overall, It has still been a success as they are now 9 and 6; and really no issues other than maybe my foot up their ass is they don`t start listening better!!

On 8/22/2024 at 11:44 PM, Thunder said:

I have a trip to Iowa scheduled in September and then a cruise the end of October.  I’m gonna put both of those trips on the looking forward to list.

Nice!! I miss when I could just up and take trips like that but I should say much as we are heading off again tomorrow for another quick trip and we might be either doing Universal Studio Japan or Disney Japan just before Christmas due to my wife not being able to make safe bets with the kids. "If you pass this swimming lesson (Which he shouldn`t have) than we will take you to Disney!!" Ugh common if you don`t have the control and you still think they might fail don`t promise anything big!! Oh, the other bet she lost is a Nintendo switch if we wins his next Karate tournament. Just found out he is in a easy division again this time and his Teacher expect him to dominate like he did his first two tournaments.  Wife is making this Christmas expensive!!

But I won`t lie!! I am looking forward to both!! LOL!!

6 minutes ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

If you pass this swimming lesson (Which he shouldn`t have) than we will take you to Disney!!" Ugh common if you don`t have the control and you still think they might fail don`t promise anything big!!

Whatever you do, dont say this…”if you get accepted at Boise State, I will pay for it.”

2 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

Yeah, Something I failed horrible at!! LOL!!! As both my sons where in Hospital almost right from the start due to complications at birth and then the oldest one stuck a sticker in his ear, got a toy train stuck in between his teeth (somehow) and he also had X-rays for something else. You need to watch him as he seems to be a bit special. Oh, the youngest also had a virus that seen him in Hospital for a few days as he fought that off. Overall, It has still been a success as they are now 9 and 6; and really no issues other than maybe my foot up their ass is they don`t start listening better!!

Nice!! I miss when I could just up and take trips like that but I should say much as we are heading off again tomorrow for another quick trip and we might be either doing Universal Studio Japan or Disney Japan just before Christmas due to my wife not being able to make safe bets with the kids. "If you pass this swimming lesson (Which he shouldn`t have) than we will take you to Disney!!" Ugh common if you don`t have the control and you still think they might fail don`t promise anything big!! Oh, the other bet she lost is a Nintendo switch if we wins his next Karate tournament. Just found out he is in a easy division again this time and his Teacher expect him to dominate like he did his first two tournaments.  Wife is making this Christmas expensive!!

But I won`t lie!! I am looking forward to both!! LOL!!

No hospital says outside the first three days where he was in the tanning bed for jaundice. Let’s be honest it’s mostly luck if you are or aren’t in the hospital with kids. 

your not a failure, your a regular parent from other parent’s hospital stories I hear lol 

Edited by Smarch

On 8/15/2024 at 11:12 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

Dogs Chasing tails……

What am I?

1) nah, we got this!

2) did not see it coming….at all!

3) mexicancow! Stud in all the ways!!

4) Rip! Been putting the puck in

the net!

5) Logan I assume, he’s a meathead!!

6) no idea!!!!

200.gif

Rookies & Traded deadline

Some might think this is the best week of the season when the league gives extra TPE for completing theme related PT tasks but other look at the trade deadline for all the moves to try to figure who is going to lift the cup at the end of the season. So lets discuss:

1.     Rookies as Theme week on a scale of 1-10 what do you rate it and why?

2.     What are your expectations for Rookies when they join the VHL? Explain

3.     Who on the Vancouver Wolves should be trade by the end of the week or the trade deadline and why?

4.     If you could trade for one player in the league who and why?

5.     Do you think the Vancouver Wolves will make any moves at this season trade deadline?

6.     Sad News hearing about what happened to the Gaudreau brothers so what do you remember the most about either one of them?

Gaudreau.jpg.468dce5fdd5143329235ce7460d6bfb4.jpg

RIP: The hockey world is think about you and your families!!

I give it a 10 because there was a wide array of ways to figure out what to do.  Only issue is that I want more than 6 tpe out of it.  I need more!!!

I dont have expectations for rookies.  I only have expectations for my player and i have yet to meet those expectations.

3.     Who on the Vancouver Wolves should be trade by the end of the week or the trade deadline and why?

Whoever Frank wants to.  He’s the GM.  Please not Trueno tho!

I like everyone on the team. 

5.     Do you think the Vancouver Wolves will make any moves at this season trade deadline?

I have no idea.  I just know that whatever gets done is to make the team better and it must be done to get the cup.

6.     Sad News hearing about what happened to the Gaudreau brothers so what do you remember the most about either one of them?

Johnny Hockey

4 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

Some might think this is the best week of the season when the league gives extra TPE for completing theme related PT tasks but other look at the trade deadline for all the moves to try to figure who is going to lift the cup at the end of the season. So lets discuss:

I like it. Has to be hard to think of new stuff for themes but rookies seems like an easy one to write about.  

Guess that depends. For a high earner you want to contribute well to a club and battle for that ROTY trophy.  

Easy!  Rip Wheeler. JK.   Not sure anyone should be traded. Frank knows best though.

Bobby Bob

Yeah. I think we will pick up a defenseman 

Terrible tragedy. I didn't follow the brother but Johnny Hockey was fun to watch.  I guess the most common memory of him was playing against Edmonton in the Battle of Alberta over and over.  Sad day for their family

On 8/31/2024 at 4:45 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

200.gif

Rookies & Traded deadline

Gaudreau.jpg.468dce5fdd5143329235ce7460d6bfb4.jpg

RIP: The hockey world is think about you and your families!!

Answers:

1. I'll give this one a 10. Was an easy enough theme week that you didn't have to think to hard to come up with something which was appreciated. It is also nice to highlight some rookies in the league! Give them some recognition. 

I do agree with Thunder though, can we get more TPE from it? Love me some TPE lol! 

2. I don't really have too many expectations. I hope they enjoy their time here and their experience enough to stick around longer and have fun. 

3. I don't have any opinions on trading. I think we've got a good team. In Frank we trust! 

4. We've got a good team, I don't want to trade anyone away. 

5. I'm not sure. I'm interested to see what moves our GM and AGM might make. 

6. It was very sad news to hear about the brothers! I don't follow hockey enough in real life to know much about them so I don't have any memories of them other than the recent tragic news. When Triller was playing NHL 2024 last night they had a graphic pop up as a memorial for the brothers that was a way to remember to them.