HC Davos Dynamo Press Conference

ShawnGlade

15 hours ago, Anthique said:

8. What was the last song you listened to?

Some rockabilly! The Baseballs - Umbrella. The Baseballs - Umbrella (official Video) - YouTube (You're welcome :))

No way! Did not think they would have listeners outside Europe. Been to a concert of theirs some years ago. I think their version of 'Umbrella' is better than the original.

11 hours ago, Daniel Janser said:

No way! Did not think they would have listeners outside Europe. Been to a concert of theirs some years ago. I think their version of 'Umbrella' is better than the original.

didn't know they are Europeans hahaha! Not even a Euro who show me this, so I don't know what to tell you... other than yes, their version of Umbrella is better than the original lol

That's the kind of music I listen to when I'm cooking, not too much dancing but enough to get a good beat.

orV41eH.png.efda2d2f5c2f0bdb7369639cbe079d0d.png

You ONLY have to answer 6 of the 8 questions
Week Of April 23rd 2023 - April 30th 2023

1. Let’s go DAVID! As of Sunday, April 23rd, we’re on a 6-game winning streak! How do you feel about our chances at a deep playoff run now that we’re midway through the season?

2. If you were VHL Commissioner for the day, what would be the first thing you do?

3. If you could relocate and rebrand a VHL team, which team would it be and why?

4. What would be your player’s pregame meal?

5. In the spirit of theme week, which NHL team’s Reverse Retro (from this season or last season) is your favorite?

6. I would love some input: would you prefer press conferences be posted on Sunday or Monday?

7. In a movie about your life, which actor do you want to play you?

8. Xbox or PlayStation?

1. Let’s go DAVID! As of Sunday, April 23rd, we’re on a 6-game winning streak! How do you feel about our chances at a deep playoff run now that we’re midway through the season?

I expect us to win the cup.  

2. If you were VHL Commissioner for the day, what would be the first thing you do?

Bag depreciation.  Too confusing.  Work too hard to earn tpe just to lose that shit.

3. If you could relocate and rebrand a VHL team, which team would it be and why?

Helsinki.  Move them to Madrid and call them the Shitbirds.  Then maybe Davos would beat them all the time.

Spaghettios

5. In the spirit of theme week, which NHL team’s Reverse Retro (from this season or last season) is your favorite?

Right now I’m trying to figure out what to write about so dont even want to think about it.  Brain fart

6. I would love some input: would you prefer press conferences be posted on Sunday or Monday?

Monday by the time I wake up at 6 AM PST

Pierce Brosnan already did.  I didnt choose him though.

8. Xbox or PlayStation?

Xbox, but only because PlayStation is not hooked to TV right now

44 minutes ago, kirbithan said:

8. Xbox or PlayStation?

1: I feel great about our team at the moment, everything seemed to click recently and everyone has stepped up at different points to allow us to get on such a long winning streak.

2: Make Prague change its colors...Either that or add Team Steel to the VHL.

3: Oh, XD I answered that in the last question by mistake...I'll do 7 questions this week.

5: There are a few I really enjoy...If I had to go with one I would have to go with BUFFALO SABERS this season. They did it perfectly, and I doubt any Sabers fan was upset with that design.

6: Monday. It's less confusing for the updates....Probably, I'm not to sure how they handle stuff like that.

7: I'd want Ryan Reynolds to play me but I'm not nearly that funny. The more realistic choice would be Michael Cera, I am really quirky and shy and he'd probably do the best job.

8: Xbox, simply because of the friendships I have made. This might be the nerdiest thing I ever admit on this website and iIt's hard to believe but I helped make a gaming group of best friends between Americans and Canadians. I wouldn't trade any of them for anything, they are great people that I'm lucky to know.

After a bad start, we now are in a good streak and it's only the beginning! So yes I think we have a good chance to get back in the final.

Poutine is good, but better to eat it after the game and not before. So some good pasta with chicken in it is better.

The purple jersey of the Kings is the best. This one with the Nordiques with the Colorado Avalanche color are my favorites.

On Monday. Begin the week with it and get it done fast.

I really don't know! For a older me Tom Cruise would be nice! Some people say that I look like Robert Pattison so maybe him lol

8. Xbox or PlayStation?

Playstation. Only because that's the first one I had, but more of a PC person lol

Edited by Anthique

1. Nice streak, i believe we can make the play-offs, we have a good enough team for it :)
2. Well i am not long in this game, so hard to say what would be a good change.
3. In VHL it looks fine for me, but in VHLE i would change Bratislava Watchmen to a better one, idk maybe Bratislava Knights
4. chicken maybe, or something that gives enough energy for the game
6. I like them on Monday, i can forget about them sometimes, so if they will be posted on Sunday i might miss it.
8. PC :D  idk why i was always more into PC

I'm really liking our chances! let's repeat last season but win the cup instead!

Move Vancouver back to their rightful place of Quebec!!!!

Vancouver Wolves back to Quebec City Meute!

Smashed potatoes, chicken, vegetables, fried rice.

Monday!!!!!!

8. Xbox or PlayStation?

PS. Xbox was never popular outside US. Everyone had a playstation instead of xbox in Finland.

On 4/24/2023 at 10:39 AM, kirbithan said:

8. Xbox or PlayStation?

2. I would either reduce the cost of faceoffs or give centers a higher starting value in that attribute. Right, now it's just a tax to be center.

3. I'm not really a big fan of rebranding. Once you've established the identity of a team, rebranding can really muddy that.

4. Standard-issue Starfleet field rations, and a little sip of Romulan ale, neat.

5. Call me a stick in the mud, but I've never been a fan of alt jerseys. Just do your main jerseys well and wear them well.

6. I think we had them on Sunday before? I liked it, and I had a good reason, but I don't remember the reason.

8. I own an Xbox One, but I'm hardly loyal to either. I've had two Xbox consoles and three PlayStations over my gaming life. At my heart I'm a PC gamer, but that's been less convenient as I've gotten older.

Week Of April 30th 2023 - May 7th 2023

1. We have just acquired Alexandre Leduc in a blockbuster trade! Do you have any thoughts on this move?

2. There are some amazing, funny, and interesting player names in the VHL. Do you have a favorite (that’s not your own)?

3. Which player do you think will lead Davos in goals by the end of the season?

4. Which EU team would you most like to face in the playoffs?

5. Who is your least favorite player on your favorite NHL team?

6. The Maple Leafs finally made it past the first round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Did you expect them to achieve this feat?

7. What was the last movie or TV show you watched?

8. What’s your favorite board game?

1. We have just acquired Alexandre Leduc in a blockbuster trade! Do you have any thoughts on this move?

Massive move and now our forwards are even better than before. Hopefully Leduc can give us the boost we need.

2. There are some amazing, funny, and interesting player names in the VHL. Do you have a favorite (that’s not your own)?

Franchise Cornerstone. Boubabi's player. A great player in his time too.

Prague so we can totally, completely crush them.

David Savard is fucking dogshit.

6. The Maple Leafs finally made it past the first round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Did you expect them to achieve this feat?

Nope. I was cheering for Tampa really hard. I just want Toronto to lose!

A real nerd would say WH40k, but I choose Trivial Pursuit, fun family game

Puk had almost a point per game season and is younger than Leduc so don't know why it is us who add a second round pick, but well we'll see on the ice if it's really made us better.

I can already say not me. I will say that Florida Man is the top god as of now, and it will stay that way.

Probably Helsinki. Worst differential in the teams that will make the playoffs.

Can't say a specific player in Pittsburgh, but some players are way overpaid and that's really hurt us. Petry and Zucker for exemple.

Yes! I've put them over Tampa and over the Bruins in my original bracket. Will probably beat the Panthers too.

Avatar: The last air-bender! I've watched the first season when I was younger, but I wanted to watch the complete show and now it's done.

Yeah, I think we win the cup.

Napolean dynamite

Pete Mitchell

Warsaw

That’s not a fair question.  Last night it was Swayman.  But it changes.

Whoever I pick loses, so I must not have picked them

Beverly Hillbillies

I think it is a good trade. As much as I like Puk, I think Leduc's skill in the faceoff dot will help us a lot in the playoffs. 

I really like the name Adam Rage. It's maybe a simple name compared to some but it reminds me of the AEW star Adam Page.

I've always been a big fan of Teek's game. Whenever we play together we seem to overwhelm goalies and I gotta go with him just for the amount he shoots the puck.

I'm gonna go with the London United. Siyan is a very good friend of mine but I have a little rivalry with him. Earlier in my career, I wanted to be captain of Davos, it was an honor that Siyan got and deserved, but I think having the chance to prove myself against him would be very exciting.

I did. There was always doubt for me as a Leafs fan but I did predict a 6 game series and I'm happy to be right. The team has one of the most talented forward groups in the league and deserved to showcase their skill a bit.

Demon Slayer Episode 3 of this season. It's such a pretty anime with satisfying animation, funny moments, sad moments, and epic moments. You can't go wrong with it. Zenitsu is super annoying though...

On 5/1/2023 at 8:39 AM, kirbithan said:

1. nothing beside leduc is a piece of shit 
2. Imthereforyou is my fav

3. I think Pete Mitch will lead in goal. 

4. London so I can beat up Molotov 

5. MIke Hoffman probably 

6. no they wont beat Florida 

7. happy feet 2 lol 

8. Monopoly or Clue

On 5/1/2023 at 5:39 AM, kirbithan said:

Sorry crashing your PC for TPE this week.  We haven't had one up in weeks.

1. I think it s a great addition to your club.  You guys are firing on all cylinders at the right time.  

2. Hmmmm. Sock Monkey, AK92 Wit a Hoodie come to mind

3. Pete Mitchell

4. Warsaw---  That would mean we made the playoffs

5. Vincent Desharnais - Edmonton

6.  I did not.  I thought their curse would remain

7.  Supernatural (Season 14)---- with wife

8. Sorry

2. I'm supposed to say Art Vandelay, right? One of my old GOMHL friends,  had "The Terrible Trivium."

3. Always believe in yourself. Except in this case, it will be Florida Man.

4. Moscow, since I had a four goal game against them yesterday.

6. Honestly, no, that Tampa team has a lot of experience and I just don't think the Leafs D or goaltending is that good.

7. I just finished the most recent season of What We Do in the Shadows. Surprisingly poignant finale.

8. It's been years since I actually played a proper board game. I have Terraforming Mars on my phone, so I guess that?

1 I love the trade from the start and he’s been a huge addition to the team 

2 Sock Monkey comes to mind but I feel like Art Vandelay is the obvious answer 

3. Florida man in my opinion 

4 Warsaw as it’s always fun to play against them plus the Thunder vs Payne rivalry 

5. it changes but right now it’s a tie between Marchand and anyone who’s a defenseman NOT named Carlo

6 I expected it as Tampa had been extremely inconsistent since the all star break 

Week Of May 7th 2023 - May 14th 2023

1. In a crucial two-game sim against Prague, we came out on top! How are you liking our chances of beating them out for first in the conference?

2. As we close in on the end of the regular season, how would you describe your player’s performance?

3. What brand of equipment does your player use?

4. Do you have any rivalries with other users in the VHL?

5. How did you find out about the VHL?

6. Which two teams do you think make it to the Stanley Cup Final?

7. Where is your ideal vacation spot?

8. Does a straw have two holes or one?

Edited by kirbithan

1. In a crucial two-game sim against Prague, we came out on top! How are you liking our chances of beating them out for first in the conference? 
A1: It's gonna be tough, they still have a pretty good lead on us. Regardless I think we'll prove we're the better team when it comes to the postseason.

2. As we close in on the end of the regular season, how would you describe your player’s performance?

A2: I'd describe my player as a very consistent player. Maybe a bit underrated.

A3: I used to enjoy CCM gear but ever since Nasher got sponsored by Bauer it's been my go-to brand.

A4: I watched Adam Couser's videos about a year ago when I saw an ad for the VHL, I think it was the 2nd time I saw the ad and I decided to give it a try. 

A5: Edmonton Oilers vs Florida Panthers. Edmonton's offense is insane and Florida is making their current series look like a cakewalk.

A6: For me, I don't care much about the location but rather the people I'd be with. So, if I had to pick a place I'd go to Texas and meet some of my online friends in person.

1 minute ago, kirbithan said:

1. yeas we can beat everyone. 

2. mid and old just like my player 

3. True daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa beat

4. I had one with Nurx but that pretty much it

5. youtube sponsor with Adam Crouser 

6. I want to say Florida and Dallas but I really dont know 

7. Hawaii paradise on earth (no its not outer banks)

8. none because a stray is 1 paper or plastic things with boths end that are together so no holes

Just now, Masu Chan said:

A1: It's gonna be tough, they still have a pretty good lead on us. Regardless I think we'll prove we're the better team when it comes to the postseason.

A2: I'd describe my player as a very consistent player. Maybe a bit underrated.

A3: I used to enjoy CCM gear but ever since Nasher got sponsored by Bauer it's been my go-to brand.

A4: I watched Adam Couser's videos about a year ago when I saw an ad for the VHL, I think it was the 2nd time I saw the ad and I decided to give it a try. 

A5: Edmonton Oilers vs Florida Panthers. Edmonton's offense is insane and Florida is making their current series look like a cakewalk.

A6: For me, I don't care much about the location but rather the people I'd be with. So, if I had to pick a place I'd go to Texas and meet some of my online friends in person.

you didnt answer 8 wtf the best questions smh

They will lose in the first round.  Next..

A great big pussy.  I need to block more shots to keep the puck from getting near Summers.

Walmart

Scurvy, AKA Brian Payne from Warsaw.  He’s a bigger pussy than I am.

Scurvy

Well, since Boston is out, I dont really care.

That’s a secret question on my credit card, so I’m gonna have to think about it before I give you the answer….  A Faith Hill concert

zero

1 hour ago, kirbithan said:

Week Of May 7th 2023 - May 14th 2023

1. I think we play them well if we meet in the playoffs, but there's not enough time to make up the gap between us.

2. Okay. I thought getting to rejig my build through depreciation would net me more shots and therefore more goals. I saved a lot of TPE to make that happen.

4. No, not really. I have some old friends and acquaintances it's kinda nice to beat, though.

5. My old league that I was heavily involved in was about to be laid to rest, and I needed somewhere to go for sim hockey. I didn't care for the SHL, and my goalie said he was migrating here, so I followed him.

7. When I was in high school, I went on a trip to London, Paris and Barcelona. It was March, so London and Paris were miserable, but, despite my complete exhaustion, Barcelona was amazing. I'd love to go back for more than just the three days we had.

8. If one were to drill directly from one side of a board to another side, it would be described as a "hole" drilled through the board. I see no reason why changing the shape of the material, but not the nature of the hole would change the number of holes.

Got a lot of work to do to catch them, but those 2 wins were really nice for the morale.

Not that good. I still get some chances, but it seems I don't get some lucky bounces... Nowhere close to what I was expecting.

Warrior and CCM mostly. Not really picky except for the stick and the skate.

On google. Was looking to some online leagues and find it.

The winner of the Caroline\NJ series against Edmonton. Time to get that Cup back in Canada!

I want to go in Europe for the first time. Maybe go to Florida again too.