HC Davos Dynamo Press Conference

ShawnGlade

orV41eH.png.efda2d2f5c2f0bdb7369639cbe079d0d.png

You ONLY have to answer 6 of the 8 questions
Week Of July 16th 2023 - July 23rd 2023

1. Time flies when you’re winning! We are nearing the end of the regular season. What is one word to describe this S89 Davos squad?

2. Are you happy with your player’s performance this season? Did you improve from S88?

3. Which EU team would you most look forward to facing in the playoffs?

4. Which NHL player would you say your player is most similar to?

5. Since there has recently been an emphasis on recruitment lately, what do you think the league should do to maintain high levels of retention?

6. The FIFA Women’s World Cup is fast approaching! Who are you rooting for?

7. What sports do you enjoy watching other than hockey?

8. What is your favorite pizza topping?

1 hour ago, kirbithan said:

1. Time flies when you’re winning! We are nearing the end of the regular season. What is one word to describe this S89 Davos squad?

2. Are you happy with your player’s performance this season? Did you improve from S88?

5. Since there has recently been an emphasis on recruitment lately, what do you think the league should do to maintain high levels of retention?

1. we kinda old, but really good all around. 

2. yeah Im really happy and def improve from last season. 

3. London and Moscow and Prague I have some face to punch and unfinish business. 

4. Patrice Bergeron I would say defensive forward who still have a offensive mindset. Responsible doesn't take bad penalties. 

5. post daily pictures and GIF of Red PAnda.

6. My nation for sure go team Canada. 

Just now, Lemorse7 said:

1. we kinda old, but really good all around. 

2. yeah Im really happy and def improve from last season. 

3. London and Moscow and Prague I have some face to punch and unfinish business. 

4. Patrice Bergeron I would say defensive forward who still have a offensive mindset. Responsible doesn't take bad penalties. 

5. post daily pictures and GIF of Red PAnda.

6. My nation for sure go team Canada. 

7. formula 1 I like fast vroom vroom.

8. bacon or green pepper 

Dominant. We are first in the league since like the first week of the season and there is a good chance we will finish the season first.

Nope and nope haha! I've only been regression since my 51 pts season in S87. But the team is winning so I can't complain. We need to get a Cup though in exchange!

My profile picture, Josh Anderson. Can skate, hit and score (when he want to lol).

Canada did great in the last one and it's my country so can't cheer for somebody else!

Tennis, playoffs basketball and the SuperBowl.

I try to get as much meat as possible. So bacon, pepperoni, chicken or pulled pork (that's my favorite).

AWESOME

Of course.  I dont think so because of depreciation

Moscow

Radko Gudas

Lighten up on depreciation

The hottest players

Football

Pepperoni, onion, jalapeño,mushroom, peppers, cheese, cheese, cheese

A1: Elite.

A2: At first it didn't seem like my player would do much better, but after the last sim, my player looks like they'll have a career-high in points if he keeps playing like that.

A3: We have some unfinished business with London. I always enjoy facing Siyan and Adam.

A4: I'll go with John Tavares. He's a very consistent player, great at taking away the puck, scoring goals, and setting up plays.

A5: Sports Entertainment Wrestling. It's hard to explain why but I just enjoy the storytelling and the feeling I get when I watch an instant classic match.

A6: Assuming Pepperoni and Cheese are given. I'd go with Mushrooms. I'm a big fan of the "Canadian Pizza"

4 hours ago, Lemorse7 said:

Yes.  Stats for Payne are down but I ok with it since were winning

DAVOS In the finals!

Scott Stevens or Kevin Bieksa 

Create a mentorship where veteran players mentor younger.  A new player could get an inactive locker room and/or GM so makes it hard to keep them if there on an island.  I think a squad of mentors assigned to some new players would be beneficial.  Maybe even offer TPE to be a mentor

NOBODY!  Soccer is the mother of all that is boring 

Football, women's beach volleyball (for obvious reasons)

Pepporoni and Sausage 

32 minutes ago, Scurvy said:

Football, women's beach volleyball (for obvious reasons)

Is that why you work out at Curves?  So you can find football players?

Superior.

Not really, as good as expected pretty much. A slight improvement so far with games left.

Prague, so we can once again show them their place in the trash they belong. Or Moscow because they think they are good, Moscow has their heads way up in the clouds! @Spartan

Hmm, Brady Skjei maybe

Had no idea that is happening. I don't care about women's football or hockey either.

None, I don't like pizza.

On 7/17/2023 at 7:36 AM, kirbithan said:

1. Dominant 

2. Im happy with my season I managed to tie my career high for points so it was successful 

3. Moscow for a best vs best conference final

4. I’d say Patrice Bergeron as I’ve become more of a 2 way center

6. US is my main team but im also rooting for Jamaica because the players fundraised to go without much help from the federation 

8. pepperoni is my favorite but anything that goes on a meat lover

Week Of July 23rd 2023 - July 30th 2023

1. Our first playoff matchup will be against Riga! What is one thing we can do to make sure we secure the series win?

2. What is your player doing on our bye week right now?

3. Do you believe the team who wins the Victory Cup is always cursed in the playoffs?

4. Predict the NA conference champion!

5. Are there any NHL free agency signings or trades that shocked you so far this offseason?

6. Do you participate in fantasy sports at all?

7. What is the most random fun fact you know?

8. Debate question incoming: Do you think there are more eyes or legs in the world?

Edited by kirbithan

1. Our first playoff matchup will be against Riga! What is one thing we can do to make sure we secure the series win?

Just. Crush. Them. Total. Domination.

Practicing, keeping fit, preparing for the upcoming games with the rest of the team.

3. Do you believe the team who wins the Victory Cup is always cursed in the playoffs?

I don't think so, not at all.

Uhhhh, Vancouver. Sure.

5. Are there any NHL free agency signings or trades that shocked you so far this offseason?

I'm in the VHL Yahoo keeper fantasy league :)

8. Debate question incoming: Do you think there are more eyes or legs in the world?

Legs probably. Many animals and insects have many legs, and more legs than eyes. Although lots of insects have multiple eyes as well.

A1: We gotta take an early lead in the series. Forcing them on the back foot and causing them to risk more dangerous plays will help us win. Make them make mistakes.

A2: I believe he'd be training, arranging team nights out, and trying his best to make sure he's ready both mentally and physically for the battles to come.

A3: Calgary. I want a Jones vs Janser final.

A4: I think Max Domi will be massive for the Maple Leafs. He's the kind of depth player we need in my eyes.

A5: The "Hands of Gold" Song in Game of Thrones (The song Ed Sheeran sings in the series) was written by a bard in order to blackmail Tyrion Lannister about his relationship with Shae.

A6: I can't say I often see someone missing an eye. So I'm gonna say eyes.

1. scores more goals then them is a pretty good thing to do in every sports. 

2. training like a demon. 

3. no its vhlers saying vhlers thing like usual.

4. Vancouver @Frank is Daddy. 

5. naaa tbh Tarasenko tho and hurricanes look nasty tbh. 

6. I do but I dont even know where it start lol. 

7. that Red Panda was the orginal panda and that why we called Panda Giant Panda. 

8. eyes because ocean and what its in the ocean and like mosquitos who have like 10000 fucking little eyes or some shit. 

Play physical to have the puck more than them and score a lot of goals. The game of hockey is simple haha.

Doing so meditation and yoga. Train the mind to have a balance with the body.

Like the NHL, finishing first in the standing doesn't always mean the playoffs will finish with a win. The Bruins got burn last season...

Seattle was over every other teams in his conference this season, so I predict it will be the same thing during the playoffs.

Yeah I got a NHL keeper pool. I don't follow other sports enough to have a pool in them.

Eyes. Even the blind one have still their eyes. There is a lot of accidents where people lost one or both their legs.

We got Lachlan in goal.  End of story.  Bye bye Riga

Crown and coke (coca cola, not Hunter coke)

Yes I do

Vancouver

Havent paid attention

Football

I’m not that smart

Eyes. Most fish dont have legs

On 7/24/2023 at 11:55 AM, kirbithan said:

1. You know, I'm not really worried about the match up with Riga.

3. I don't believe in no-win scenarios. 

4. Vancouver is just so dominant. I can't see anyone else taking it. 

6. I've been in the same fantasy hockey league since my third year of university. Many new faces, but many old ones, too. 

7. Monty Python and the Holy Grail was financed by six members of Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd. 

8. If you don't count compound eyes, then legs. Everything has at least as many legs as eyes, and many have more, like my cat. 

On 7/24/2023 at 11:55 AM, kirbithan said:

1. We did the score more goals thing that’s why we won

2. During the bye week he rested after the long grind of the season 

3. not always but recently it seems like there’s a curse

4. I was going to say Vancouver and they did

5. Orlov getting the contract he did, he’s good but that could look ugly in a few seasons 

6. Not every year but if I do it’s either Football or Hockey 

Week Of July 30th 2023 - August 6th 2023

1. We are currently up 3-1 against Prague. Could this be the year we break the Davos Cup curse? If you are answering this presser after the series, did we make it back to the Cup Final?!

2. ProAm signings just opened up! Are you going to participate?

3. What is one suggestion you would offer to make the offseason more interesting?

4. Make an acronym for the word ‘DAVOS’!

5. After this season, we will unfortunately be losing Mason Jones and Alexandre Leduc to retirement. How would you describe these Davos legends in your own words?

6. Were you shocked that Vladimir Tarasenko decided to sign with Ottawa?

7. Have you watched Barbie or Oppenheimer yet? Or even planning to see them?

8. Do you prefer reading physical books or eBooks?

1. We are currently up 3-1 against Prague. Could this be the year we break the Davos Cup curse? If you are answering this presser after the series, did we make it back to the Cup Final?!

3. What is one suggestion you would offer to make the offseason more interesting?

5. After this season, we will unfortunately be losing Mason Jones and Alexandre Leduc to retirement. How would you describe these Davos legends in your own words?

1. lets go to the finals and brak some wolf neck sorry @Frank

2. I already signed up hopefully be a gm again so I can defend my throne. 

3. its not impossible but I dont think it will be but make it shorter. 

4. Determinate Alexandre Vocal Oextraordirary Sublime

5. Beautiful gods of hockey. 

6. a bit yeas but they are an underated team. 

7. none yet not sure if I will go see them in theatre or just wait until they drop somewhere else.

8. I hates reading Im not good at picturing images in my head with only text. 

A1: I couldn't tell you. But what I will say is that this team is special and deserves to be remembered. We just have to earn it! 

A2: the team that wins the JST gets added to the VHLM so it's a constant rotation of teams

A3: Don't Attack Vampires On Sunday

A4: I think it's a good fit. Ottawa will be a playoff team soon and having a veteran like him might be what they need for a good playoff run.

A5: I have not but I might watch Oppenheimer.

A6: Physical. I have a few cool hardcovers I've collected and they look so pretty and feel great to hold.

F*ck yes! Back to the final again, hope we can get it done this time, we are wayyy due to win!

Yup I participate since the beginning (I think?). No reason to not participate haha and my player habitually do very well in the tournament (more than here in the VHL...)

More tournament for teams outside of the playoffs or even a IIHF tournament with everyone and include more contries so almost everyone can play.

Not really. They loose Debrincat so they needed to bring someone else that can help them offensively to get into the playoffs.

I've not watched them yet, more hype about Oppenheimer, will probably see Barbie at home just to see but not my type of movie.

Physical book, the real deal. Don't know how people read false book lol

We are in press conference.  I missed our last game.  No internet.  Gonna lose it after this morning too!

I think i missed it.

Berocka’ s tournament

Dynamic Ahma is Victorious Over all you Suckas

They are the nucleus of the team and kept us on top 

It’s all about money.  So no.

Maybe if I ever get a granddaughter, I might watch Barbie with her, but otherwise no.  Oppenheimer I will probably buy when it comes out on Apple TV.  I dont go to movies anymore except for the ones with the comfortable chairs and they sell alcohol

Ebooks because i can adjust the font and brightness

On 7/31/2023 at 11:19 AM, kirbithan said:

1. I love answering these in the future especially because WE THE CHAMPS

2. already signed up to participate again  

3. More off-season tournaments like the WJC that are every season 

5. great teammates always helping in the LR and of course champions 

6. They are a young up and coming team he might be the piece to get them in the playoffs, but I was I bit surprised he went there

8 physical books there’s just something satisfying about slamming the cover shut when you finish 

Week Of August 6th 2023 - August 13th 2023

1. WE HAVE DONE IT, FELLOW DAVIDS. WE HAVE MADE HISTORY AS THE GROUP TO BREAK THE DAVOS CUP DROUGHT! HOW ARE WE FEELING?!

2. Now that the offseason has properly begun, how would you reflect on your player’s season individually? Is there anything you would’ve wanted to improve on or see from them?

3. Have you listened to the latest Ahmacast yet? 

4. What was a highlight for you this season besides us winning the Cup?

5. Everyone counted us out in the playoffs, but we proved them wrong once again. Do you have any words for our doubters?

6. What will you be doing to keep yourself busy this offseason before S90?

7. A huge three-team trade sent Erik Karlsson to the Pittsburgh Penguins! How do you feel about this bold move from Kyle Dubas?

8. What came first: the chicken or the egg?