HC Davos Dynamo Press Conference

ShawnGlade

orV41eH.png.efda2d2f5c2f0bdb7369639cbe079d0d.png

You ONLY have to answer 6 of the 8 questions
Week Of April 21st 2024 - April 28th 2024

1. We’ve only got a few regular season sims left, who do you predict will be the Continental Cup champion?

2. Our beauty of a captain, David Jokinen, has had a career year! Any words to commend him on this feat? 

3. What do you believe we can learn from this season that we can carry onto the next? Any bold predictions or suggestions?

4. If you had a chance to add a new award to the VHL, what would it be and what would you name it?

5. Regarding fighting in hockey, do you believe it is a staple of the sport? Or is it something that should be phased out of the game entirely?

6. The Stanley Cup playoffs have begun! Which team has impressed you most thus far?

7. In terms of playstyle and build, which NHL player is yours most similar to?

8. Since this debate has flared up again recently: is a hot dog a sandwich?

1. We’ve only got a few regular season sims left, who do you predict will be the Continental Cup champion?

Long Live The King! London got this.

2. Our beauty of a captain, David Jokinen, has had a career year! Any words to commend him on this feat? 

3. What do you believe we can learn from this season that we can carry onto the next? Any bold predictions or suggestions?

Our rookies will dominate.

4. If you had a chance to add a new award to the VHL, what would it be and what would you name it?

We could try and bring back Top Leader award and name it The Annual @Phil Award.

5. Regarding fighting in hockey, do you believe it is a staple of the sport? Or is it something that should be phased out of the game entirely?

Personally I don't like fighting in hockey, but I understand why it's there. I hope there will be less of it in the future, doesn't need to be fully phased out of the sport though

6. The Stanley Cup playoffs have begun! Which team has impressed you most thus far?

McDavid, 5 assists in the first game of Oilers playoffs. For a team it's too early to say imo

Brady Skjei?

Moscow

He’s my hero.

Win more, lose less

The Ray Bourque Trophy.  Player who wins the most fights

Ouch.  You serious?  Whoever is suggesting that fighting be phased out is not a hockey player.  You cannot participate in playoff hockey without hitting hard and that sometimes flares up into a fight.  Now, the fighters can decide how hard to punch.  

It’s easier for me to tell you which team has not impressed me.  That would be the Bruins, my team.  They cannot maintain 60 minutes of playoff hockey.  I thought Big Rig would help motivate them, but thus far, they soften up too soon.

Radko Gudas.  Love that Gudas hip check!!

It can be when it’s called a polish sandwich, ie. the hotdog is split in half and placed on two slices of bread with pickles mustard ketchup and onion.  Other than that, no.  Especially when a hot dog is cut up and put in spaghettiios.  Oh, now I’m hungry.

I've still got Toronto. Europe is going to be a slog to get through, and the Legion have had such a strong team from day one.

Oh captain my captain! And assistant captain! And other assistant captain! Here's to hoping it continues next season when I'm also up.

To be honest? Not really. There's going to largely be a new roster next season, so while it's been great to get a few wins, I think a lot of the game planning will start from square one.

You say people don't build players with fighting? Then let's change that - most fights won now gets an award. We're calling it the Rocky Award until we get a good VHL legend to name it after.

I swear I didn't see this question before answering the last one. Honestly, the reason that a lot of people play sports is to get some aggression out. As long as it's not causing lasting injuries, then yeah, let them have at it.

People focus too much on this question and not the alternative: I think every ham sandwich should be called a hot dog. Think about it - contains a pig-based meat, you typically want to eat it with condiments for flavor, comes within some sort of bun. Real geniuses have been saying this.

• 2 weeks later...

Week Of April 28th 2024 - May 5th 2024

1. Will DAVID be a contender again next season?!

2. Now that we are deep into the Continental Cup playoffs, which team do you believe looks the strongest?

3. Do you believe the regular season should be adjusted in any way in terms of amount of games (lengthened or shortened)? Or is 72 just the sweet spot?

4. What was your player’s best stat this season?

5. The Stanley Cup playoffs are also heating up! Was there a series outcome in particular that surprised you?

6. Other than hockey, what other sports do you enjoy watching?

7. What was the last movie you watched?

8. How many holes does a straw have?

I think we've got a shot, though perhaps from attrition from other teams as much as anything. I do believe there's a large element of randomness in the VHL Playoffs, so especially if you're a top three seed in the conference you've got as much a shot as anyone else.

2. Now that we are deep into the Continental Cup playoffs, which team do you believe looks the strongest?

I was very curious how Europe would shake out, and I think London's looking very good. A strong goalie goes a long way, and Teno has the chance to go out with a bang.

3. Do you believe the regular season should be adjusted in any way in terms of amount of games (lengthened or shortened)? Or is 72 just the sweet spot?

72 games works well by me, but that's also partially because I like continuity in record-keeping. I don't think the sim season's too long on my end.

I'm really happy how well Bucatini has developed as a playmaker. She was pretty much exclusively a scorer in the M, so having 48 assists in the regular season (and 6 so far in the playoffs!) makes me happy.

5. The Stanley Cup playoffs are also heating up! Was there a series outcome in particular that surprised you?

(Writing this from the future) Man, it was crazy how the Leafs came back to force a Game 7, took a two goal lead in the game, then blew it again. Never thought that would happen against the Bruins.

Big fan of basketball, have season tickets to the local soccer team, and watch my fair share of college football as well. I'm a bit all over the place, but that's not a bad thing.

YES! I BELIEVE!

keep it at 72. it has been that way forever.

Points!

Toronto actually putting up a fight against without Matthews. Winnipeg getting trashed :( Tampa out in only 5 games.

champions league football and occasional baseball game

Rebel Moon Part 2 The Scargiver

math says its one hole, technically, i'll go with that.

Oh yes.  I trust Alex

Moscow

72 is good

Ah crap, I wasnt paying attention.  I’m gonna say, the bar bill after winning the division. 

Not yet.  I just hope Boston wins

Football, the Red Sox, been watching Tag lately 

At the theaters? Cant remember. Too expensive.  Budget cuts going on here.  On the TV? The Lincoln Lawyer.  

@Ahma says one, he’s always right.  If I didnt look at his presser, I’d have said zero.

On 5/2/2024 at 11:57 AM, kirbithan said:

1. I think you have a chance for a playoff spot but i think your still another season away from true cup contention 

2. I think London has the advantage over Seattle but should be a very close series 

3. I think 72 is just right as it keeps the season fresh enough without feeling like a drag 

4. I was disappointed in my personal season but I scored a OT winner in a finals game so I’ll hang my hat on that 

5. Vancouver winning with a 3rd string goalie was the only really surprising thing 

6. I enjoy watching football and basketball besides hockey but hockey is my favorite to watch 

On 5/2/2024 at 11:57 AM, kirbithan said:

1. I think there's a shot of making the playoffs, but I don't think the expectations will be high. 

2. Seattle, no bias.

3. There's just too much historically. Who wants a whole other set of records with asterisks?

5. Yeah, I didn't think Toronto would make it to seven games. 

6. Though the NFL does everything they can to squeeze the joy out of it, I do love football. 

8. One continuous hole.