HC Davos Dynamo Press Conference

ShawnGlade

orV41eH.png.efda2d2f5c2f0bdb7369639cbe079d0d.png

You ONLY have to answer 6 of the 8 questions
Week Of October 15th 2023 - October 22nd 2023

1. We have made some huge splashes this off-season already with two trades! Do you have any thoughts on these moves?

2. To our new players, welcome to Davos! How do you feel about playing for this organization? For our returning players, what is one thing our new members should know about the team?

3. Are you pleased with how your player performed individually this past season?

4. What is your most controversial VHL opinion?

5. Should depreciation be less harsh on players? 

6. Have you ever gotten burnt out by the VHL’s weekly tasks? How do you get back on track/earn TPE consistently? 

7. What are your first impressions on Connor Bedard’s first few NHL games?

8. Would you rather attend a concert or a sporting event live?

1. We have made some huge splashes this off-season already with two trades! Do you have any thoughts on these moves?

2. To our new players, welcome to Davos! How do you feel about playing for this organization? For our returning players, what is one thing our new members should know about the team?

Davos is the best franchise in the VHL, no competition.

3. Are you pleased with how your player performed individually this past season?

Yeah, best season so far. It would be awesome if I can top it next season

people won't like it so i don't think so.

Regression is just fine IMO

6. Have you ever gotten burnt out by the VHL’s weekly tasks? How do you get back on track/earn TPE consistently? 

my social media is full of him and i'm tired of it. Bedard this Bedard that bla bla bla

if it's Rammstein, then there's no way I'm missing it. Any other band, then hockey live.

17 hours ago, kirbithan said:

Week Of October 15th 2023 - October 22nd 2023

1. Very bold to move McFleury. It's selling high, but you have to wonder if you'll ever get full value when a player like that goes. 

3. I was hoping to hit the 50 goal mark again. Did not. 

4. Go and read my whole article on why fighting needs to be completely revamped. Now, apply the same reasoning to checking. 

5. I think it's fine as it is. Usually it's slower in leagues that have longer careers. 

6. Now that I'm at the 5 TPE welfare tier, I often do that instead of a PT. I'll use some VHL.com articles and GFX to make up for the difference. 

8. Concert, in the general sense, though I don't really stay out late anymore. I've been too spoiled by being able to rewind and pause, it's made live sports much less appealing. Not to mention concession costs. 

We are going at it again! Not over yet for Davos, we can win it again!

Davos is really a nice place to play and to WIN! The locker room is fun and we are always competitive.

How can I say no to this question? After 3 bad years, I finally have a season worth of my potential.

YES! It's my first year in regression and 110 tpe less will really hurt.

He got the shot to be lethal, his speed is really good but he's small so we'll see on the long run what will happen.

I would say a sporting event. We got to feel the pressure and the excitement of the crowd and the players.

Week Of October 22nd 2023 - October 29th 2023

1. The offseason is a little slow this time around: what are you doing to pass the time?

2. We are going all in with a blockbuster draft day trade for Leandro Goncalves! How do you think he will contribute to the core of our offense?

3. What is one thing you would implement to STHS if given the chance?

4. Predict our scoring leader for next season!

5. What is your opinion on fighting in hockey? Staple of the sport or something that should be phased out?

6. Have you been a part of sim leagues before the VHL?

7. If Davos had a mascot, what would it be?

8. What was the last book you read?

1. The offseason is a little slow this time around: what are you doing to pass the time?

2. We are going all in with a blockbuster draft day trade for Leandro Goncalves! How do you think he will contribute to the core of our offense?

our sim needs takeaways and giveaways

Leandro!

5. What is your opinion on fighting in hockey? Staple of the sport or something that should be phased out?

I'd prefer if there were less of it

my second, if websim counts here.

we already have one

21f8c-16776474764127-1920.jpg

Adrian Tchaikovsky: Children of Ruin

On 10/23/2023 at 10:27 PM, kirbithan said:

(1) 1. It feels like the off-season started forever ago! But I guess that gives everyone more time to improve so... I'm maximizing opportunities to earn more TPE so I can have the best last season I can.

(2) 3. Too many! I'd completely re-design the engine in terms of attributes - it's far too simple at the moment.

(3) 4. I can see Jake T or Jokinen going for over 100 points!

(4) 5. Staple of the sport, but in a good way! I think it's a lovely way to stand your ground as a team.

(5) 6. VHL was the first and it's the primary. I do love the affiliate bonus, though.

(6) 8. It's been a while since I last read one. I should start again. "Seven Deadly Sins" was the last.

On 10/23/2023 at 5:27 PM, kirbithan said:

1. Refreshing the forums a lot. I've had lots going on IRL, so it's not been an issue. 

3. I'd make giveaway and takeaway tracking work in the version we use. 

5. Despite my pleas to make it more accessible in the VHL, I don't really have much love for it IRL. Two grown men stopping all play to punch each other in the face has no place in society. 

6. I actually started in the SHL and ISFL (then NSFL). Then I was heavily involved in GOMHL (RIP). I am still in SCSFL, and was in HO there. All those before I landed here. 

7. A giant, walking statue of David. 

8. Do audiobooks count? I think the last I actually *read* was one of The Witcher books. 

On 10/23/2023 at 2:27 PM, kirbithan said:

1. "Currently I'm fighting for my life as I keep getting traded between division rivals. It's a joy being back in Davos though so I'm more so catching up on what I missed out on. Like the cup winning parade..."

4. "If anything this ties in with the second question, I think Leandro can contribute heavily to our team and end up being our scoring leader, I trust his goal count."
5. "MORE FISTS. MOST FIGHTS. MORE LINE BRAWLS. LET EM DUKE IT OUT. YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!"

6. "I haven't actually, I love the VHL because this feels like a genuine league with a dedicated following. It's not dead, confusing or fully of silly team names. This is what I hope other sim leagues can be like."

7. "Well as this is the only hockey team here to go by "HC" instead of a team name.. lets base it off the logo, maybe a mountain climber?"

8. "I'll be completely honest, I don't read books at all. Maybe an audiobook but even then I'd rather listen to music at that point. Last book was probably when I was in school.. he'll I doubt I read that too."

Take care of my newborn daughter. It's enough lol

He will fit really well in our team and will be an important piece of our offense. I'm sure he will do well and maybe help me get another great season.

Probably Jake Thunder or the new comer Leandro Goncalves. 

We're seing less fighters, everyone can play hockey so that way we have not players that are only there to fight. I think it's part of the game and we shouldn't banned them completely.

Yes GM sim league where you control a team and not only your player (10+ years). I'm also in the SHL.

A book about how to be a dad hahaha!

On 10/23/2023 at 5:27 PM, kirbithan said:

1. Always busy with the family!  Enjoying the time spent with them.

2. I think it'll be a massive move for our franchise and the future.

4. DARK HORSE DOGWOOD MAPLE

5. I think it should be phased out, there's enough hitting during live play to allow for goonerism

6. I'm a big sim leaguer!  PBE, ISFL, SHL!

8. All the Pretty Horses.  Highly recommend

Week Of October 29th 2023 - November 5th 2023

1. My fellow Davids, S91 is upon us! What do you expect from this core of players?

2. Going into this season, which team do you believe will be our biggest rival?

3. What will your player be dressing up as for Halloween?

4. How do you feel about the VHL trivia system? Should it be overhauled or changed in any way?

5. Are you participating in VHFL this season?

6. There are some exciting rookies in the NHL this year! What’s your early Calder Trophy prediction?

7. If you follow Formula 1, what are your thoughts on Max Verstappen just securing a record-breaking 16 wins this season?

8. What is your favorite type of candy?

1. My fellow Davids, S91 is upon us! What do you expect from this core of players?

cup or bust

Fake purple.

4. How do you feel about the VHL trivia system? Should it be overhauled or changed in any way?

I like it the way it is. Only problem is that the questions should be worded better. sometimes they are difficult to understand, or intentionally confusing idk

barely got in, had to go through the wait list ugh. fortunately i got a spot!

6. There are some exciting rookies in the NHL this year! What’s your early Calder Trophy prediction?

Bedard is the easy answer

7. If you follow Formula 1, what are your thoughts on Max Verstappen just securing a record-breaking 16 wins this season?

I like chocolate. A lot.

49 minutes ago, kirbithan said:

(1) 1. We have to set a high bar. It won't be easy, but it's cup or bust.

(2) 4. I enjoy it. It's not easy sometimes and takes time to get used to, but generally speaking, it's very good.

(3) 5. Heck yes! Lachlan in goal!

(4) 6. Bedard? 😂

(5) 7. Historic. I'd rather have a tight fight for the championship, but there have been periods of dominance in the past, and there will always be. But this car and Verstappen's complete control of it... you have got to give it to them. Brilliant work.

(6) 8. Gummies, 100%.

1 hour ago, kirbithan said:

1. You're going to do beautiful things. I'm very happy for you. 

2. There is no hatred like for Fake Purple. 

4. I like it in general, though I am certain I've had several questions where I've been right and the question was wrong, but I can't prove it. 

5. No, I just slow the draft down. 

6. Is there any doubt it will be Bedard?

8. I've always been a sucker for gummies, the cheweyer, the better. 

Get back to the final! We were close again to a back to back, but we still have a great team and I think we can beat anybody in this league.

Ask anybody on our team, everyone will tell you that Prague is our biggest rival.

In a cook! The hat, the mustache, (fake) knife and some accessories to have something really nice!

I'm using it, don't know how we can changed it, but I find it interesting and not really long to do.

No, I find it hard to have time to do it in like 2 days lol

Gummies! Everyone of them lol

On 10/30/2023 at 10:43 AM, kirbithan said:

1. "I expect a team of players that all wanna make post-season. Looking all around with the team, everyone is stable and committed to bringing the best hockey we can. We wanna win the cup again, I wanna win it for sure."

2. "My beloved Malmo... it's gonna be awkward on my end."

3. "This year I went as the newest version of Vash the Stampede, definitely one of my best costumes."

4. "The trivia system is alright, I understand the need to have a limit on the amount of questions but 2 feels very small to be honest. Plus not even seeing the answer to the question if you get it wrong can be annoying at times too."

7. "16 wins this season? Sheesh didn't the Ducks have the same last season..?"

8. "I can go on a sugar rush on damn near anything. Jolly Ranchers are absolutely the reason why my teeth are messed up, not hockey."

Week Of November 5th 2023 - November 12th 2023

1. With the first few sims under our belts, it’s already a tight race in the EU. What can we do strategically to win more games and bounce back?

2. Who is your early Davos MVP candidate?

3. Do you believe in the Victory Cup curse?

4. How long have you been a member of the VHL? Has anything changed significantly about the league since you joined?

5. What is your favorite thing about being a Davos player?

6. Are you participating in Super Coach this season?

7. Which VHL, VHLE, or VHLM team has the weakest branding in your opinion?

8. Do you have any plans for your next player yet?

1. With the first few sims under our belts, it’s already a tight race in the EU. What can we do strategically to win more games and bounce back?

Summers will get those numbers up

I do not.

4. How long have you been a member of the VHL? Has anything changed significantly about the league since you joined?

soon 9 years. Discord and portal are the biggest changes, by a mile. back in the good old days, it was just the forum.

all and everything about it.

yup!

the M.

The usual. A defenseman with the same build. That's about it. Name and all that, dont know.

Better production from our depth players. Can't blame our goalie, but having a Cup playoffs performances would really help us.

Maybe the only time it would feel right to say me :P

Last year I think? Hard to say what are the big chances, I don't follow the league that much.

Yes I found it more fun than the VHLF.

Hard question! Riga, Moscow and Malmo are not really good in my opinion, but I can't say that it's ugly.

Maybe? Don't know yet if it will be a defender or a forward. Probably be more defensive oriented. 

On 11/6/2023 at 4:50 PM, kirbithan said:

Week Of November 5th 2023 - November 12th 2023

1. I think the main thing is just trusting our players to continue to work hard and get the job done

2. Right now the Zamboni driver.  That man is giving us an absolutely ideal playing surface

3. No such thing as curses!  We make our own luck.

4. I've been here for a while!  Only thing that's changed has been which jersey I wear.

5. My favorite thing is representing the wonderful people of Davos on a nightly basis

8. I've thought about it some, but want to finish out this career on a high note.  But expect a potential defenseman in the next life...

Week Of November 12th 2023 - November 19th 2023

1. In your opinion, what is the least important attribute overall in the VHL in terms of building your player (besides LD)?

2. If given the choice, would you make each VHL season longer or shorter? Why?

3. You’ve been given the chance to create a new VHL team! What would you call it?

4. How many goals do you think your player could score in a season with a wooden stick?

5. Who would you consider your player’s rival?

6. What jersey number does your player wear?

7. What was the last movie you watched?

8. If you could eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?

1. In your opinion, what is the least important attribute overall in the VHL in terms of building your player (besides LD)?

If you don't intend to fight, then fighting is the easy choice. After that faceoffs if not a center and lastly Speed maybe?

I think 72 games is enough, not sure why someone would want it longer lol. I think it's a good balance at the moment.

4. How many goals do you think your player could score in a season with a wooden stick?

He have 20 in 26 games this season. So maybe half? I can't see how he scored them so hard to say which one would not go in with another stick.

I would say Phil Strasmore. Same draft as me and he's fighting a lot like me.

77. Like it with the same number twice.

Tyler Rake 2. Lot of action, some silly scenes like every movie, but good enough for me.

Keep it as it is. the 72 game schedule has been used for ages and no reason to change. I would prefer a longer season, but that would mess up old records which are to be respected.

3. You’ve been given the chance to create a new VHL team! What would you call it?

Turku Panthers or Outlaws. Panthers sounds cooler though.

The whole existence of Fake Purple

excellent question. pretty sure I've said it somewhere, but no idea where. usually I have my players wear a number in the 40's or 50's.

rewatched Now You See ME, fun little movie. Going to see The Boy and The Heron this week.

Lasagna

On 11/13/2023 at 1:57 PM, kirbithan said:

Week Of November 12th 2023 - November 19th 2023

1. "Discipline. I know it's ironic knowing how frequent I'm in that penalty box but even if I was going to increase my discipline, I'm still getting penalized for anything that happens.. feels useless to me."

2. "The VHL season having 72 games is perfectly okay, I'd be happy with 82 games like the NHL but only if there are more teams to compete against."

4. "You're lucky enough getting a goal out of me being a DEFENSEMAN. ...I'd say at least 2 minimum before the stick completely shatters."

6. "I wear #1 for a few reasons, first I would've taken 69 but I'm positive everyone had that idea already. Mostly, Evel Knievel had used Number 1 as well and it's more of an honor to him to wear it when playing hockey."

7. "That Five Nights at Freddy's movie was f*ckin great, I can't hate on it."

8. "Legit you can put me on a deserted island and if I had one thing to survive on... it's Nacho Cheese Doritos. All day, any day. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, they have held me down."