VSN - VHLM: Scoped - Segment Two

Nykonax

:vhlmlogo:VHLM: Scoped :vhlmlogo:

Jan 6 - Jan 13

Games 43 - 91

Nyko's Message

Week two of the VHLM! This week has seen some changes in the standings and rosters. Not going to make this message very long because I'll go into more detail within the segments, but the overall format will be staying the same, except for one addition, and once again if you got any ideas to improve this series let me know :)

PS: The Trades as of Jan 14th will be on the next segment cause I'm lazy. But the trades that happened on Jan 14th are included as part of the power rankings.

Trade Center

This week was an active week of trades, with lots of players and picks exchanging hands. Even a bit of a controversy (if you can call it that) happened this week. With the trade deadlines looming in the distance trading will certainly pick up as teams realize what they need for the playoffs, and what they can lose to make it happen. As with last times segment I'll go over each of the trades, and give my opinion on who I think won the deal.

LVA/SSK

Las Vegas receives:

Curtis Gary

S65 SSK 3rd

S66 SSK 4th

Saskatoon receives:

Cal Davidson

S65 LVA 1st

S66 LVA 2nd

This trade is interesting, seeing a player and 2 picks swapped between each team. This season Cal Davidson has 4 goals and an assist for 5 points on the season, a huge improvement over his 0 last one. He is an inactive though who last updated in November, so he may not be coming back anytime soon. Curtis Gary on the other hand is an over point per game player, with 13 goals and 20 assists for 33 points this season. With Saskatoon 5th in the standings it looks like they will be selling, and they received the 1st and 2nd for a rebuild, while Vegas paid for a rental who can help them win the cup. Personally I think Saskatoon won this trade.

HFX/SSK

Halifax receives:

Anton Edvin

S65 SSK 7th

Saskatoon receives:

S65 HFX 5th

S66 HFX 2nd

Saskatoon once again selling a player and a pick for more picks for a rebuild. Edvin has 37 points in 24 games this season, with the majority being goals. Saskatoon received a later round pick and then a 2nd next season. Halifax acquired Edvin too boost themselves this season and compete with Vegas for top place in the standings, and during the playoffs. Bana (I think) didn't notice the trade when it happened though, and unfortunately Edvin wasn't on HFX for 2 sims or so, but I think its all good now, so we'll see how this trade plays out over the next week. I think Halifax won this trade, as they didn't give up too much for a quality player.

SSK/OSL

Saskatoon receives:

Finn Schaefer

S65 OSL 4th

S66 OSL 4th

Oslo receives:

Burnt Toast

S65 SSK 6th

Saskatoon once again making moves, this time with Oslo though. Oslo is acquiring VHLM star defensemen Burnt Toast, who at 74 tpe is point per game this season, and has been his past two.(shows how a build can affect points, and not just tpe) Toast has 34 points, with 29 of them being assists this season. Saskatoon in exchange receives two fourths and Finn Schaefer, a 30 tpe inactive who has 5 points this season. This season's favourites Oslo had to change up some stuff as they are in fourth, and by acquiring a point per game defensemen this may help boost themselves in the standings. I Think Saskatoon won this trade, as those 4th's can definitely turn into something good with some good scouting.

Milestones

Milestones are recognized throughout sports, when a rookie scores his first goal he keeps the puck. Players are celebrated when they hit 100 goals, 1,000 games, 50 shutouts. Just like nhl.com's milestone watch, I'm going to be do something similar, where I take the players and show how close they are to hitting a special VHLM milestone.

1. @Eparker24 4 from 100

2.  Finn Schaefer just hit 100

3. @Thranduil John Madden 3 from 100

Goals

1. @DilIsPickle 9 from 50

2. Nikita Flipachyev 6 from 100

3. @NathanN just hit 50

Assists

1. @Eparker24 26 from 100

2. Smitty Werbenmanjagerjensen 16 from 50

3. Nathan MacKinnon 20 from 150

Wins/Shutouts

Coming Later (Can't access goalie stats)

Games of the Week

The VHLM is full of many interesting, exciting, and just plain out weird games. Some games are blowouts, some are high scoring, and some games are very tight. This part of the segment will highlight the 3 games which I think were the best games during the whole week. If you disagree with me, post your top 3 games in the comment section.

Game 46 SSK vs LVA

This game was pure show of offensive power from Vegas. With a final score 8-1 there was no stopping Vegas here. Vegas bursted out in the first period, scoring 5 goals, with 2 coming from Nathan N and another two from Orion Slade. Burnt Toast did open the game though with Saskatoon's lone goal of the game. In the second Chance Matthews notched his 6th of the season. Finally in the 3rd Vegas added an extra two goals, and kept Sask to 0 shots that period.

Game 55 OTT vs SSK

Saskatoon once gets blownout again (I'm starting to see a pattern here) but this time by the Lynx. The Lynx are currently one place above the Wild in the standings, but after this game it looks like they should be way above Sask (limits of the VHLM I guess). Ottawa, like Vegas burst out in the first period, lighting the lamp 5 times on goaltender Justin Cole (poor guy). Draper struck first 2 mins 38 seconds into the period, and opened the floodgates, with Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen (holy crap that's long --- that's what she said) scoring 4 minutes later, and Kyson Blake scoring 16 seconds after Smitty. Shawn Mendes potted his third of the season, and Kyson Blake got his second of the game after Mendes. 38 seconds into the second Mendes also notched his second of the night, and Justin Cole was pulled out of the game. The rest of the period was silent, and 4 mins into the 3rd Stropko Jr. scored the game winner. JB Rift grabbed a shutout, and Mendes and Gritty both had 4 point nights

Game 91 LVA vs OTT

This game, while not a blowout like the others, was still a close and hard fought hockey game by two rival teams. In the first period Eric Parker striked 48 seconds in, but then the rest of the period was a snooze. Period two was where the action was at though. 6:31 into the period McDavid put LVA up 2-0. But Ottawa fought back and after 3 goals in 5 minutes (all on the powerplay) they were up 3-2. The 3rd periopd was where Vegas was able to tie it up off of a goal by Mitch Matthews. After the final buzzer this game was going to overtime. After a boring overtime with no goals intense overtime this one was going to a shootout.

Gary - Stopped

Blake - Stopped

Baillie - Stopped

Allman - Miss

Materazo - Goal!

All on Katie Warren now, she goes in. Makes a move.... and loses the puck. @ShawnGlade retire her.

244ZwRo.gif

^ Actual footage from Katie Warren's shootout attempt

Players of the Week

1. Justin Cole

Justin Cole had an insane week full of ups and downs. Often he would be stopping upwards of 40 shots a night, while his defense let him down, but after a stunning last 2 performances I had to give him this star. Game 100 vs the Ottawa Lynx - a team that had just blown Sask out that week. Cole stopped 39 shots to allow Saskatoon to get a 3-0 win. The next game on the same night he stopped 32 shots from the Oslo Storm, a team that has offensive powers Diljodh Starload and Carles Puigdemont.

2. Dan Baillie

This week HC Davos Dynamo prospect Dan Baillie was able to put himself up ontop of the points chart. He gained 37 points this week, but also excelled on the defensive side, improving his +/- to a league leading +27.

3. Bolt Vanderhuge

Vanderhuge is the leading defensemen in points this year, but is also top 3 in hits, and top 3 in points league wide. The defensemen improved on his points this week by adding an additional 25 points, with 9 of them being goals. The Riga Prospect has been one of the reasons why Halifax is one of the top teams in the league right now, and he shows no signs of slowing down.

Power Rankings

Last Week

1. Halifax

2. Vegas

3. Ottawa

4. Saskatoon

5. Oslo

6. Yukon

This Week

1. Las Vegas Aces +1

2. Ottawa Lynx +1

3. Halifax 21st -2

4. Saskatoon Wild

5. Oslo Storm

6. Yukon Rush

Standings

1. Las Vegas Aces +1

2. Halifax 21st -1

3. Ottawa Lynx

4. Oslo Storm

5. Saskatoon Wild

6. Yukon Rush

1542 words, claiming 1/27, 2/3, 2/10

Edited by Nykonax

20 minutes ago, WhiteMocha said:

Highlights two of my worst games so far this season

Gives me 1st star of the week.

Thanks? I think? ?

Worst? He’s highlighting your first and second career shutouts back to back. Lol

Pretty impressive!

6 minutes ago, Peace said:

Worst? He’s highlighting your first and second career shutouts back to back. Lol

Pretty impressive!

In the 1st star section. But two of the three games of the week were just the opposite. Like when LV overwhelmed me for 8.

I appreciate the recognition, I was just pointing out the irony of getting it in the same week that those two got highlighted.

Just now, WhiteMocha said:

In the 1st star section. But two of the three games of the week were just the opposite. Like when LV overwhelmed me for 8.

I appreciate the recognition, I was just pointing out the irony of getting it in the same week that those two got highlighted.

Oh I see, your boss is a dummy. 

43 minutes ago, Thranduil said:

@Nykonax I'm really enjoying these. Don't stop anytime soon.

not planning on it.

1 hour ago, WhiteMocha said:

Highlights two of my worst games so far this season

Gives me 1st star of the week.

Thanks? I think? ?

lmao, rollercoaster with you. you had some nice games though besides the other two. You made saves but sask's team just plain out sucks.