Claimed:An Elite Locker Room

sterling

Elite Locker Room

The Victory Hockey League is a special kind of place where no actual hockey games are played and yet members all feel part of a team. What brings teams together is almost always the locker room. Now folks, I've been on some really good teams and some really bad teams. Some of my favourite memories in the VHL come from some of the other elite locker rooms I was in. The early season Wranglers with Slobo, Boulet, Smarch, Kendrick, Cujo and Janssen was a great time. The team evolved and we added guys like Devon, Bentz and Raw and the locker room remained top notch. It took awhile again before I found another truly fun locker room, but it came in Toronto with the likes of the Knight brothers, Devon, Brooks, Ray Funk, Nagger and Lobo. That was another absolutely amazing locker room. Now in Season 37 I believe I have stumbled upon another elite locker room with my new (old) team, the New York Americans.

429128835_59edc2e184_m.jpg

Just who is on this amazing team you ask? Let's start with the elite members here. Terrence Fong, a guy who wins Cups everwhere he goes. Fong has made some of the greatest players in VHL history, all of whom have silly asian names. Now the amazing thing is that Fong and have ever never been on the same team despite both being around since he joined the league back in Season 5 or something. He was always one European teams while I was always on North American teams. I made teams like Calgary, New York and Toronto elite while he made Helsinki, Davos and Riga elite. Fong is a good guy and one of the top members in the VHL. I am pleased to finally share a locker room with him.

David Knight is still an elite member in the VHL despite his recent history of relative inactivity. David and I have a long history together in the VHL and on the same team. Most notably, we played on Toronto together, forming one of the best defensive pairings and teams in the history of the league. David was a longtime commish and an excellent member. He too has had a number of Hall of Fame players and is absolutely one of the best guys involved with the league. I am happy to have him as a teammate yet again.

My real life friend Smarch has an excellent defenseman in the making having just claimed a number of top awards (winning the Labatte as a rookie). Smarch and I have been on teams a number of times and we have natural chemistry as we've been friends since grade nine. We hosted a podcast together a long time ago and have had lots of success together at varying times in the league. He has a good sense of humour and is an all around good guy. I'm keen on playing on a team with him while he has an elite, Hall of Fame potential player.

7016221107_3211ee8e0a_m.jpg

I've never been on a team with Devise before and quite frankly he pisses me off sometimes when I have to read his 300 word posts. He likes to talk obviously and that's not a bad thing. Devise is an elite member in this league and provides a lot to a team. Since I've never been on a team with him I can't comment on how he is in the locker room, but I know he's a hell of a member who makes damn fine players. I look very much forward to having him as a teammate for once.

Boom kind of goes without saying. Boom is the best member in the VHL today. The most liked and easily one of the most respected. He's a great guy, a good poster and makes some very good VHL players. I've never been on a team with Boom before either, but this is a real treat for me. I know he posts copious amounts of naked women pictures in locker rooms that I stumble upon always after he leaves teams. Boom being on New York is for sure one of the top reasons why I wanted to come back to this team. He's the best, plain and simple.

Advantage is a giant turd so I don't need to say much about him at this point. I was on his New York team when he first became GM. I was pissed after Riga traded me to New York, but I learned that Chris is a top notch General Manager in this league. He is, in my opinion, the best GM in the league and he's a good leader for the team. I am very happy to work with him again and to be honest, I have been giving him my opinion on his moves over the past few seasons.

Meg is a largely polarizing character in this league. She gets into spats with other members regularly, but I really like her. She a person who means well, but is prone to some extra emotional reactions to things. I have always enjoyed talking with her and having her as a teammate. I want to see her succeed in this league because she has gone through a lot of shit.

Tylar is another member I don't really know, but I know he is a good guy and he has made some very good players in the league. I look forward to learning some more about this guy. I was on his team last season and he didn't say much so I hope we can learn more. Randomhero is a new guy in the league and has already showed us why he was worthy of going second overall. He seems like a really good guy with a real drive to learn and succeed. I think he'll go down as one of the best first gens when all is said and done. I look forward to seeing his player become elite.

Turner and GIYGAS are two guys who have been quiet in the last few seasons, but they both have history in the league. Damien in particular has made some of the best players in league history. These guys add a lot of extra character into the locker room. I look forward to working with them and getting to know them better too.

As you can see, New York has an absolutely dynamite locker room with some of the league's top members. I am really excited to see what this team can do in the next few years as they grow up a bit. The team has a nice mix of vets and youth and I really think they will be a close fourth this season in North America. Like Toronto in Season 29, I expect on of the big teams in North America to stumble a lot more than they anticipated and I think New York will be above average for sure.

Don't worry Sterling I've made a rule with Chris that I won't post anything above 200 words in the locker room. :P 

It is quite a great LR though. Played with Damien before but otherwise so many new faces for me, which is always fun imo. Hell I've never even played on a VHL team with Chris. Time for me to shed my "always plays with Jericho" tag. 

Boom kind of goes without saying. Boom is the best member in the VHL today. The most liked and easily one of the most respected. He's a great guy, a good poster and makes some very good VHL players. I've never been on a team with Boom before either, but this is a real treat for me. I know he posts copious amounts of naked women pictures in locker rooms that I stumble upon always after he leaves teams. Boom being on New York is for sure one of the top reasons why I wanted to come back to this team. He's the best, plain and simple.

And he loves tits.

Well because of my great respect for women, I am refraining from posting anything that would denigrate the fairer sex. International Womens Day is important and as such, I shall not ruin it with unnecessary boobies.

Guest Svoboda_3

Content: 3/3

1,159 words. That appears to be one hell of a good locker room/team. Chris has done a good job of assembling a solid group of characters.

Grammar: 2/2

Maybe a few too many lazily mistakes, and some that were obviously an over-sight. Based on word count however, a minor deduction wouldn't do much.

Terrance = Terence

everwhere = everywhere

asian = Asian

Fong and have = Fong and I have

one European teams = on European teams

commish = Commish/Commissioner

all around = all-around

honest, I = honest; I

She a person = She's a person

I expect on = I expect one

Appearance: 1/1

Simplicity at it's finest.