Philadelphia Reapers Press Conference

BladeMaiden

Hi Reapers! We are gonna start out with some nice easy questions for you all to answer!

1.) What image do you see our team giving off considering we are called the Reapers?

2.) How does your player fir onto the team?

3.) what are your hope and goals now that you are here?

4.) Are you happy to be drafted to this team?

5.) Position and number

6.) would you like to be a Captain on an Assistant Captain? Why?

7.)Something funny I should know about you as a player as your new GM.

8.) how do you think we will finish in Season 65?

All the best,

Blade

On 2/17/2019 at 7:39 AM, BladeMaiden said:

1.) What image do you see our team giving off considering we are called the Reapers?

I think we'll play with reckless abandon on the ice. Our play will create a new stat category, fatalities. If we don't win on the scoreboard, we'll win the body count. Opposing teams will tremble the moment they walk into their locker room, which is styled like the final level of Contra.

Charlie Paddywagon is a strong defenseman. He can dish out punishment with the best of them.

To grow as a player, person, and I guess become lord of the underworld?

It's great to be a part of something new. We're not burdened by history. Everyone involved with this team had enough energy to create a new team, that means something.

5.) Position and number

Number: 12, Position: D (either side)

Doesn't matter to me. I speak through my actions. I don't need a letter on my chest.

I'm so new I don't have any funny antidote yet.

I'm new so I have no clue how all this works. I can guarantee we'll finish better than last year.

We'll be the bringers of death around the league. Striking fear into the eyes of opponents. That or our fans will die of shear boredom and from a lack of wins and excitement. It could really go either way

I think he brings some offensive punch to the top line. He'll be the glue in the middle of the ice, being surronding and feeding off of better looking and more skilled teammates.

Hoping to impress and grow throughout my first season. I'd like to see us as a team surprise people and contend. My personal goals are to score 30 and 30 and lead on and off the ice!

Didn't draft me, I was picked up off of the street due to my unusually long stick and nose for the net.

5.) Position and number

Was a left wing, switched to center due to team needs. Haven't chosen a number, but I'd go with #14

Doesn't matter to me, I'll try and lead wether I have a letter or not

I don't believe in wasting plastic so my jock is 100% paper. Like the new straws.

Alive and in one piece I hope.

On 2/17/2019 at 2:39 PM, BladeMaiden said:

Hi Reapers! We are gonna start out with some nice easy questions for you all to answer!

5.) Position and number

All the best,

Blade

1. Striking fear and nervousness into our opponents.
2. I believe my player fits nicely in the team, he has some less experienced players around him, but he's ready to teach them and help them improve.
3. All I'm hoping is for my character to perform good, get those goals and get lots of helpers.
4. Yeah, playing for an expansion team is always exciting, of course there are the cons in that starting a new franchise could be slow in the beginning, but at least I'm there to set the records ;).
5. Right Wing, #96.
6. I don't think my captain is a natural leader but in an environment like this he would be honored to be a captain and have the option of leading this team.
7. My player really loves pizza.
8.  I don't like predicting exact scores, we'll grind it out and hope for the best... But one thing is for sure, we'll set some records =D

Edited by GRZ

Bringing fear to everyone.

I think he will bring the 1,2 punch to the team. Total team player also.

To win the Championship!!!

100%. Philly is my hometown and I absolutely love this city.

5.) Position and number

RW and 20

I would love to. I would love to be a role model and the total team captain for this great team.

Bleed Green. Fly Eagles Fly!!! Also please sign Bryce Harper!!!

Not really sure. As a expansion team it could be anywhere.

2.) How does your player fit onto the team?

5.) Position and number

6.) would you like to be a Captain on an Assistant Captain? Why?

1. The image that we will bring death and destruction to both your save percentage and playoff hopes.

2. I don't fit into them and they dont fit into me. Too small.

3. Be the best goalie in reaper history.

4. Yeah I just bought a condo so I didn't want to go to another team

5. Goalie, 25

6. I think I'd be a great captain. I'm a natural leader and people follow me, not just because of the view I give them

7. You've seen all you need to know in the showers. Nothing to laugh at though.

8. Last place

5.) Position and number

1 ) Wait, aren't we called Teddybears? But seriously, simple answer - we brake bones and send them to the hell called Doctor's office.

2 ) Well, I am 6.4 guy, so I think that means I can knock some stuff up and be as strong leader as I can, plus, I can score (Hopefully)

3 ) I want to help and bring our team to the promised land!

4 ) Well, Philly is known for a lot of things in hockey, so the least I can hope for is that our goalie will actually perform. But again, jokes aside, proud and honored for a given opportunity.

5 ) RW, 77

6 ) Well, even tho I am young and just starting off, I do believe I can provide for my team and have that leadership quality, maybe to Captain yet, but an assistant - for sure!

7 ) I have a pregame ritual that asks for everyone to give me a tribute of 3 hotdogs that has to be dressed in mayo and red onions.. If I don't get that, I usually fall asleep mid-2nd period.

8 ) Hoping for the best.

5.) Position and number

1.) We'll surely be a team that play physically and impose the tone of every match.

2.) Backup goalie fits me perfectly, I am looking to develop and learn to be ready when my time will come, I'm in no rush.

3.) My first goal is to develop well, but if i have to get a number on it, I would like to be above .905 %save.

4.) I am, very grateful that the Reapers are giving me a chance.

5.) #22, goalie

6.) No, i'll leave that part to skaters.

7.) I am from such a small town, that we played only agains't 2 other team, so I knew every good player shoutout moves.

8.) I don't want to bring us bad luck, I prefer take the easy way out of this question and say we can land everywhere with hard work.

2 weeks worth 6 now and 6 later :)

1. What teammate of yours is the best to follow on Twitter, and why?
  2. What is the most bizarre question you have been asked in a press conference during your career and who asked it?
  3. Who would win an arm wrestling competition on your team?
  4. Who is the biggest practical joker on the team and who gets picked on the most? A story of the best prank pulled would be nice.
  5. What is the craziest thing a puck bunny has ever done for your attention?
  6. What was your first car?
  7. Now that we have played a few games, what do your think our team strengths and weaknesses are ? What are your suggestions?
  8. If your entire team had to do an Ironman Triathlon (2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, 26.2 mile run), who would finish first and last respectively?
  9. Would your rather be more talented or have a high "Hockey IQ"
  10. Best hockey player of all time and why?
  11. Best quote from your Twitter feed that you posted after a game.
  12. If you could steal the skills of any active player in the league, from who would you steal?
Edited by BladeMaiden

1) What teammate of yours is the best to follow on Twitter, and why?

Everyone one of em!

What is the most bizarre question you have been asked in a press conference during your career and who asked it?

Probably this one

Who would win an arm wrestling competition on your team?

Whoever has the highest strength?

Who is the biggest practical joker on the team and who gets picked on the most? A story of the best prank pulled would be nice.

No jokes. All straight bizznass in our discord. Don't look there commisioners.

What is the craziest thing a puck bunny has ever done for your attention?

Married me

What was your first car?

1998 Honda Civic (for real)

1) I see our team being relentless on the ice

2)My player fits really well on the team as he is a man and the team needed dmen badly

3)I hope I can grow as a player and become a well rounded puck moving dman

4)4) I am very happy to sign here.

5(Defense 27

8)I believe we will finish in middle of the standings.

2. What is the most bizarre question you have been asked in a press conference during your career and who asked it?
  4. Who is the biggest practical joker on the team and who gets picked on the most? A story of the best prank pulled would be nice.
  5. What is the craziest thing a puck bunny has ever done for your attention?
  6. What was your first car?

1. I have a pretty good twitter account, I mostly retweet my favorite celebrities and hot hockey player selfies. If you're hot and play hockey then hit me up in my DMs

2. Someone asked me what my cup size is. Ok thats a lie. No one asked me but I told them anyway.

3. Me. I've been training my arms every day for years, I have a strong grip and know how to win over any man, or lady ;)

4. I play great pranks. I let the air out of their tires, put hot sauce in their jock strap, butter up their soap in the shower. I'm hilarious.

5. I'm the puck bunny

6. I stole my brother's car for a joy ride and totaled it. 

No questions there - gotta be either Mikko Aaltonen, Tyler Barabash Jr or Hans Gruber - those 3 guys are amazing at making your day by posting weirdest stuff ever. If you want quality content - Gotta go with Kandee Cain...

Not sure yet, everything has been quite down to earth.. Let's keep it that way.

Probably me, tho I haven't tried it, don't feel like broken wrists will help us get that cup.

4. Who is the biggest practical joker on the team and who gets picked on the most? A story of the best prank pulled would be nice.

This is a tough question - I do believe our GM is the biggest practical joker as she is wicked smart and knows everything too well. Picked on.. Hmm.. Probably Kandee Cain, I guess that is what you could call a Goalie curse.

5. What is the craziest thing a puck bunny has ever done for your attention?

I can't answer that here, public space after all. Plus, this is that Most Bizarre question asked.

6.What was your first car?

I don't drive, sorry, always thought that I can trust others to drive me everyone I need to go. 

Charlie Paddywagon walks to the podium for his weekly press conference:

I think Hans Gruber has the best Twitter account. He’s German, so he’s super funny. He just always post hilarious stuff.

1. What is the most bizarre question you have been asked in a press conference during your career and who asked it?

One time I was asked how I feel about something. The crazy part was I wasn’t even touching anything. So how could I feel something if I wasn’t touching it? I said that and the reporter laughed and asked the same question again! I didn’t know what to do, I had to explain to him what the word feel meant and how you have to touch something to feel it. I mean jeez, he’s a reporter! He should know what words mean.

1. Who would win an arm wrestling competition on your team?

I can’t believe we haven’t had a team-wide competition yet! That needs to change now. I’m pretty strong, so I think I have a pretty good chance. But Brian’s last name is Strong, so he might have an advantage there.

1. Who is the biggest practical joker on the team and who gets picked on the most? A story of the best prank pulled would be nice.

It has to be Candee Cain. She played this prank on me one time where she called me into her shower. But instead of here in there it was Eunice, our equipment lady. She’s like 80 years old! I will not be able to unsee that.

1. What is the craziest thing a puck bunny has ever done for your attention?

Um, puck bunny? I don’t think I’ve ever had an interaction with a bunny. Well, I mean, I’ve seen bunnies, but they always run away when I approach them. So I guess it’s more like I’m trying to get their attention. I’ve never seen a bunny try to get my attention. They usually just eat some grass and hop around. That’s like them doing their thing, not really trying to get my attention.

1. What was your first car?

I got to keep my dad’s cop car from before he went to prison. So that was my first car. I had to take the sirens off and paint it before I could drive it though. That made it less cool. But it was still a good car.

Here are more questions, remember you only need to do 6a week for the TPE! :)

1. Now that we area few games in what are you thinking about Philadelphia’s chances at the cup?

2. What are do you think of our locker room?

3. What do you think of who made Captains’ list? Would you have made different people Captains?

4. What do you think we could be doing better?

5. Who is your best locker room buddy?

6. What color of hockey tape do you use to go with your Reapers uniform?

7. What VHL team are you going to, if you haven’t been drafted where do you want to go?

8. What is your goal song?

9. What is the Song they play when we send you butt to the box?

10. What is the best part of the VHLM for you?

11. Did you get a brand contract?

12. Would you ever create media for that brand? What would you do in the ad?

13. Are you a fan favorite? What do the fans love most about your player?

Now that we area few games in what are you thinking about Philadelphia’s chances at the cup?

I think we have a decent shot once we get playing a little bit longer. We need to gel a little bit more but once that happens, I like our chances.

What are do you think of our locker room?

I love this locker room and these guys. Wouldn't want to be on any other team.

What do you think of who made Captains’ list? Would you have made different people Captains?

No these are our best guys and the list is the best we could make it.

What VHL team are you going to, if you haven’t been drafted where do you want to go?

I am heading to Vancouver and I am super excited about it.

What is the best part of the VHLM for you?

Learning and getting to know me more. The more practice the better me for everyone.

Are you a fan favorite? What do the fans love most about your player?

Absolutely!!! I am a team player and always put the team first.

6. I always go with a bright red beacause then my parents always know which player I am.

7. I qoiuld love to go to HC Davos Dynamo because they are such a historic and successful franchise.

8. Sheer Heart Attack - Queen

9. Na Na Hey Hey Goodbye - Steam

10. The best part os playing with all my teammates and getting to know them

11. No ; (

5. Dwin Championship because we were friends back in the academy and we also play defense together

1. Now that we have played a few games, what do your think our team strengths and weaknesses are ? What are your suggestions?
  2. If your entire team had to do an Ironman Triathlon (2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, 26.2 mile run), who would finish first and last respectively?
  3. Would your rather be more talented or have a high "Hockey IQ"
  4. Best hockey player of all time and why?
  5. Best quote from your Twitter feed that you posted after a game.
  6. If you could steal the skills of any active player in the league, from who would you steal?

1. As a team, our strengths are our good looks and ability to flirt with fans. Weaknesses, well, winning.

2. Walter would finish last, because he's fat. I would finish first because a strong man would carry me.

3. I don't need to choose, I have everything.

4. My brother Aleister Cain. Because he's the best.

5. I don't post about games, only about relationships.

6. I would steal Walter Clement's big cock with my mouth

On 3/5/2019 at 11:05 PM, BladeMaiden said:

Here are more questions, remember you only need to do 6a week for the TPE! :)

1. Now that we area few games in what are you thinking about Philadelphia’s chances at the cup?

2. What are do you think of our locker room?

3. What do you think of who made Captains’ list? Would you have made different people Captains?

4. What do you think we could be doing better?

5. Who is your best locker room buddy?

6. What color of hockey tape do you use to go with your Reapers uniform?

7. What VHL team are you going to, if you haven’t been drafted where do you want to go?

8. What is your goal song?

9. What is the Song they play when we send you butt to the box?

10. What is the best part of the VHLM for you?

11. Did you get a brand contract?

12. Would you ever create media for that brand? What would you do in the ad?

13. Are you a fan favorite? What do the fans love most about your player?

1) I think that this expansion team didn't intend on a "miracle cup-run", so the chances are slim if I'm completetly honest here, BUT....... the chances of doing a really good cup run next season is what I predict.
2) Our LR is awesome! Everyone is friendly and we're all a bunch of jokesters
3) I would have made FrostBeard as our captain, as I felt he pushed for being one, but hey I did my part in voting and I've nothing against current captain/assistant captains.
4) Our Powerplay could be a lot better, but that's as to be expected since we are testing lines.
5) Gotta go with the homeboy Frosty, we both Latvians will dominate the league.
6) Mikko uses a boring black tape, he doesn't like to stand out among other people.

Answer 6 for 2 tpe. Get them while they are hot!!

1. Who is first up for trade bait? Philly is not doing so hot atm what assets do you think we will move (if any)and why?
  2. If you could change our team colours what would you change them to?
  3. Who is the weirdest Player in our locker room?
  4. Are you more of a forum LR member or a Discord  LR member and why?
  5. What inspires you to keep going in the tough times.
  6. Oddest thing you have slipped into someone else's hockey bags.
  7. Do you celebrate a lot of holidays and do you encourage your team to celebrate with you?
  8. How do you feel the team is gelling together?
  9. Type of Skates you use?
  10. Most useless VHL Brand and what you think they should be replaced with.
  11. Teach me something, give me a random fact.
  12. one interest you have other than hockey.

2) I would change them to black and blue.

3) Probbaly my guy Fat Walter, live that kid.

4) More of a discord guy because it’s a lot easier than the forum. This webiste could be anal sometimes with switching back and forth.

5) My GM @BladeMaiden because she gives us our playing time.

6) In real life I put some fruit into my friend’s bag and saw a mouse come out of it the day after.

9) I use CCM Jetspeeds. Found them the most comfortable. I also use Bauer for everything else.

If you could change our team colours what would you change them to? Orange and Black , no doubt

Are you more of a forum LR member or a Discord  LR member and why? Discord by far. Just so much easier to keep in touch with everyone.

Oddest thing you have slipped into someone else's hockey bags. Pack of condoms. The guy was just having too many kids.

How do you feel the team is gelling together? I think we are gelling together well. Its only a matter of time before we start all playing well together.

Type of Skates you use?  Bauer is the best.

Teach me something, give me a random fact. In 1988, the Eagles helped make the world’s largest cheesesteak. To no one’s surprise, it was the length of a football field.

1. Who is first up for trade bait? Philly is not doing so hot atm what assets do you think we will move (if any)and why?
  2. If you could change our team colours what would you change them to?
  3. Who is the weirdest Player in our locker room?
  4. Are you more of a forum LR member or a Discord  LR member and why?
  5. What inspires you to keep going in the tough times.
  6. Oddest thing you have slipped into someone else's hockey bags.

1- I don't believe we need to think about trades, yet, we are doing fine and our team has seen so many changes that we haven't really formed any chemistry but that will change soon. I do see lot's of our younger guys push themselves to another level and let's hope that will continue throughout next few weeks!

2- Purple and Silver I guess? I am not really sure to be honest, I like our colors right now and I think they make us look fierce.

3- Wendy Kandee Cain.. No doubt about that..

4- I would consider myself both, after becoming an assistant captain on Reapers, I believe it is my duty to be everywhere and support our guys - they deserve to be treated like kings and queens!

5- I guess that would my optimism, I believe that everything always turns to be better than you hoped at the toughest time - I know we are right now on the bottom of Standings in VHLM, but that doesn't mean we will stand there much longer - we are willing to win and we shall show everyone of our doubters that Reapers are not here to slack - we will win!

6- I am not really sure - I don't usually do those thing, but I do like to have some with our captain Hans Gruber as he is this mighty leader figure here and you know, sometimes you gotta get steam off and put some peeled bananas in his skates.

2. Changing are colours to black and green would look so cool with our reaper logo. Plus our jerseys would be lookin fresh af.

3. Probably @FrostBeard because he was trying to get captain votes by giving us wieners. Kinda easy there. 

4. I mean I have to use both but this website ends up being open in 20 tabs because of the forum and portal thing. Also discord is so funny bro.

5. I mean during these times we’re last in the league but that’s not what we care about. We are all going through it as a team and we expected this being a expansion team so this year is a chemistry year.

6. One time I put sprinkles in my friends bag and we are going to say anything more.

11. Did you know your sneeze travels at over 100 mph and can stay in the air for more than 10 hours.

2 minutes ago, SaltyTalty said:

2. Changing are colours to black and green would look so cool with our reaper logo. Plus our jerseys would be lookin fresh af.

3. Probably @FrostBeard because he was trying to get captain votes by giving us wieners. Kinda easy there. 

4. I mean I have to use both but this website ends up being open in 20 tabs because of the forum and portal thing. Also discord is so funny bro.

5. I mean during these times we’re last in the league but that’s not what we care about. We are all going through it as a team and we expected this being a expansion team so this year is a chemistry year.

6. One time I put sprinkles in my friends bag and we are going to say anything more.

11. Did you know your sneeze travels at over 100 mph and can stay in the air for more than 10 hours.

Want a wiener?