Philadelphia Reapers Press Conference

BladeMaiden

3 minutes ago, DMaximus said:

1)      If the current standings hold, Philadelphia will face Halifax in the opening round of the playoffs. Anything you’d like to say to Halifax before the series begins?

Best of luck to them. I'm confident in our team so they'll need it. 

2)      Have you been following the VHL this season? Who do you think will win it all? Why?

Not really, I'm too focused on our own team.

3)      Describe the hardest hit on the ice you’ve ever given.

Hrmm it's tough. I've dished out a lot of them and am second on the team for hits.

4)      Describe the hardest hit on the ice you’ve ever taken.

My first game, I crossed the blue line with my head down and got taken clean out. It started a fight. 

5)      An anagram is when you rearrange letters of a word to form a new word like listen - > silent. What’s the best anagram you can make from your player’s name?

Crimb (almost spelt Crimbo, for the festive period)

6)      The holidays are upon us, what is at the top of your want list?

To win the playoffs! That, and a car.

1)      If the current standings hold, Philadelphia will face Halifax in the opening round of the playoffs. Anything you’d like to say to Halifax before the series begins?

Hope they have made early travel plans because they won't get past us.

2)      Have you been following the VHL this season? Who do you think will win it all? Why?

Not super closely but keeping tabs on a couple teams.  Vancouver is going to win it all, certainly not bias in any way on this one.

3)      Describe the hardest hit on the ice you’ve ever given.

I checked someone on the boards and one of the plexiglass pannels popped out of place and caused a pause in the game.

4)      Describe the hardest hit on the ice you’ve ever taken.

I was hip checked by the benches and flew through the door into the opposing bench.

5)      An anagram is when you rearrange letters of a word to form a new word like listen - > silent. What’s the best anagram you can make from your player’s name?

Ughhh I duno, I don't word goodly, how about "fear Mr Fingz"?

6)      The holidays are upon us, what is at the top of your want list?

I'm lucky to be a point where I don't really want for a lot so I usually just ask for money/gift cards so i can feel less guilty about buying stuff.

20 hours ago, DMaximus said:

1)      If the current standings hold, Philadelphia will face Halifax in the opening round of the playoffs. Anything you’d like to say to Halifax before the series begins?

2)      Have you been following the VHL this season? Who do you think will win it all? Why?

5)      An anagram is when you rearrange letters of a word to form a new word like listen - > silent. What’s the best anagram you can make from your player’s name?

1. I think Halifax has a strong team but i think theyll be in trouble when it comes to our depth.

2. I have been here and there, I see a lot of good things in Vancouver, as well as Seattle.

3. Im not much of a hitter at all, but the hardest one was probably when I was younger. A much larger guy was looking to take me out and i stood my ground and ended up knocking him to the ice. 

4. Hardest hit i’ve ever taken.... ahh this is a funny one actually. It was in practice and I was skating into the open ice and got cranked by my teammate Kyle Andersen. Guys a bod and a half.

5. Funny you should ask this. When i was younger me and my brother used to make anagrams out of our names all the time. Best i found was “Dirks Kerosene”

6. Im just looking to get the whole family together and have some of mama’s cooking. 

1)      If the current standings hold, Philadelphia will face Halifax in the opening round of the playoffs. Anything you’d like to say to Halifax before the series begins?

If we face Halifax, best of luck to you guys. You guys are a solid team with a lot of talented players, but only 1 team can win.

2)      Have you been following the VHL this season? Who do you think will win it all? Why?

While I live and breathe reaper hockey, I still think Saskatoon is the clear favourite to win it all. They have shown nothing but dominance this entire season as seen with only 3 losses so far. While 2 of those have come to the 2nd and 3rd rated teams, they've consistently won games in convincing fashion against the best teams in the VHLM.

3)      Describe the hardest hit on the ice you’ve ever given.

The hardest game I've ever given came against Ottawa early in the season. There was a battle for the puck in the neutral zone when I noticed one of their forwards moving up to our blue line. One of the Ottawa players managed to get control of the puck and made a pass towards this guy as he was moving up to our zone. What he didn't see was that this was a suicide pass, I came up right as the puck was about to make contact with his stick, ducked my shoulder and completely uprooted this guy. The refs had to call the play because the landing gave him a concussion.

4)      Describe the hardest hit on the ice you’ve ever taken.

The first hit in my first VHLM game. I don't remember which team it was, but the other team had possession of the puck coming into our zone. Their forward with the puck shot it  behind our net. As I came up to make a play on it, their right winger rushed and absolutely nailed me right into the boards and knocking the wind out of me. This was my big "welcome to the VHLM" moment as he was barely 6 feet tall. It was a painful lesson learned that every player in this league is capable of putting you out if you're not careful.

5)      An anagram is when you rearrange letters of a word to form a new word like listen - > silent. What’s the best anagram you can make from your player’s name?

Kyle Andersen - Snarky Ned Lee

6)      The holidays are upon us, what is at the top of your want list?

All I want is to have a good time with my family and friends.

On 12/10/2019 at 12:42 PM, DMaximus said:

6)      What was your first word? Are you proud or ashamed of it being your first word? Why?

Not doing this for TPE but I think it's actually pretty funny - not my first word, but very early, probably about 3 or 4, I read "American Financial" from a sign.

5 hours ago, diamond_ace said:

Not doing this for TPE but I think it's actually pretty funny - not my first word, but very early, probably about 3 or 4, I read "American Financial" from a sign.

That is crazy! Especially because I would still struggle to read that, lol.

On 12/16/2019 at 4:59 PM, DMaximus said:

Goodluck, always a fun game playing Halifax.

I haven't followed it too closely but there seems to be great parity in that league. Games are always so tight and no team has really run away with it in the standings.

Being a goalie I don't get to hit too often but, one time I went behind the net to play the puck and I didn't realize there was an opposing playing coming so to protect myself I just raised my shoulder a bit and the guy made contact with me and it sent him flying into the boards! Totally accidental of course!

I'd tell you but it knocked me out, don't remember a thing!

I cheated and used an anagram solver - it is impossible to make a word using the full names Sjostrom!

I want a championship! Nothing more nothing less!

Answer all 6 questions and claim for 2 TPE:

1)      The playoffs are starting soon. What do you think about Philadelphia’s chances this year?

2)      Philadelphia’s opening series is against Halifax. We were 5-1-1 against Halifax in the regular season. Predictions?

3)      What do you like most about playoff hockey?

4)      What are you going to eat and/or drink over the holiday break that you might regret when you step back on the ice?

5)      The Reaper fan club got everyone on the team gifts for Christmas. What was the gift you received?

6)      Say you were appointed Santa Claus of Philadelphia, meaning you needed to deliver presents to every home in Philadelphia, a city of 1.6 million people in a single night. You had unlimited money at your disposal. How would you accomplish this task?

1)      The playoffs are starting soon. What do you think about Philadelphia’s chances this year?

It's hard to overlook the Wild as the favorite, but I think we could take any other team for sure

2)      Philadelphia’s opening series is against Halifax. We were 5-1-1 against Halifax in the regular season. Predictions?

I think we can take them pretty easily, maybe like 4-1 series.

3)      What do you like most about playoff hockey?

Everyone steps up their game, playoffs are on a whole new level

4)      What are you going to eat and/or drink over the holiday break that you might regret when you step back on the ice?

I don't think there is anyone one thing, I'm gonna eat too much of everything.

5)      The Reaper fan club got everyone on the team gifts for Christmas. What was the gift you received?

A nice Reapers hoodie to keep me warm in the Philly winter.

6)      Say you were appointed Santa Claus of Philadelphia, meaning you needed to deliver presents to every home in Philadelphia, a city of 1.6 million people in a single night. You had unlimited money at your disposal. How would you accomplish this task?

Send a giant rail gun to space and have it launch the presents down the chimneys of all the homes, if they don't have a chimney they will now.

5 hours ago, DMaximus said:

1)      The playoffs are starting soon. What do you think about Philadelphia’s chances this year?
          I think if we stick to our game plan and play our game we can beat anyone.

2)      Philadelphia’s opening series is against Halifax. We were 5-1-1 against Halifax in the regular season. Predictions?
          Again, I think if we can come out and play our game we wont have a problem.

I love the fast paced intensity. Nothing beats playoff hockey when everything is on the line.

4)      What are you going to eat and/or drink over the holiday break that you might regret when you step back on the ice?

We got a good team here and hopefully everyone will be sticking to our meal plans this holiday.

5)      The Reaper fan club got everyone on the team gifts for Christmas. What was the gift you received?

Wait what, this is the first im hearing about this. Sounds like they got some explaining to do.

6)      Say you were appointed Santa Claus of Philadelphia, meaning you needed to deliver presents to every home in Philadelphia, a city of 1.6 million people in a single night. You had unlimited money at your disposal. How would you accomplish this task?

Oh boy, thats a tough one. I got nothing for that one. Etransfers for everyone?

1)      The playoffs are starting soon. What do you think about Philadelphia’s chances this year?

I think we have a legitimate shot at winning it all. While the better teams may be sleeping on us, we're still putting the time in to practice, improve and grow as a team.

2)      Philadelphia’s opening series is against Halifax. We were 5-1-1 against Halifax in the regular season. Predictions?

I still think we should be able to win. 4-1 or 4-2 maybe, but I don't want to jinx us as upset potential always exists.

3)      What do you like most about playoff hockey?

Everything. The atmosphere, the intensity, the pace of the game. Everything great about hockey is amplified ten-fold. The silence on a break away, the crowd erupting after a goal. It doesn't get any better than that.

4)      What are you going to eat and/or drink over the holiday break that you might regret when you step back on the ice?

A lot of leftovers from my family's turkey dinner (which includes a lot of junk food).

5)      The Reaper fan club got everyone on the team gifts for Christmas. What was the gift you received?

I didn't receive a gift so I'm going to have to say this is fake news.

6)      Say you were appointed Santa Claus of Philadelphia, meaning you needed to deliver presents to every home in Philadelphia, a city of 1.6 million people in a single night. You had unlimited money at your disposal. How would you accomplish this task?

I would probably buy a reaper's jersey for everyone. I'd rotate between Bud Knight, Ben McGirr, Derek Eriksson and the #3 draft steal of S69: Kyle Andersen jerseys.

On 12/24/2019 at 9:12 AM, DMaximus said:

1: I think we have a pretty good chance to do something big in the playoffs this year.

2: If we stick to plan then we can definently win against Halifax.

3: Definently the Intensity of it.

4:Coke and Mentos

5:Hmm... Im wondering what i got too.

6: Hire half the population of Philly to help me.

On 12/24/2019 at 8:12 AM, DMaximus said:

I think we can maybe go to the finals and win it all but it will be hard cause of the other 3 teams head of us.

If we play the same as I think we will win.

I love the excitement seeing if there will be an upset of just seeing who will go all the way.

Well I will be eating fat stuff and drinking eggnog.

I got a new hockey stick.

6)      Say you were appointed Santa Claus of Philadelphia, meaning you needed to deliver presents to every home in Philadelphia, a city of 1.6 million people in a single night. You had unlimited money at your disposal. How would you accomplish this?

I would buy one toy that each person wanted.

On 12/24/2019 at 9:12 AM, DMaximus said:

It'll be a bit of an upset if we take it all, considering the state of the top 2 teams in the league, but crazier things have happened and in the short time I've been here, I can see that there is a plethora of talent on this roster.

I'm gonna say 4-1, It's human nature to get a little cocky going into a series with this kind of record against, and it's good to have a wake up call early in the playoffs.

I know this is the most bullshit word in existence, but the physicality of it.  Nothing makes a goal more satisfying than scoring it in the face of someone you just had a tussle with.

The amount of cookies and candy that i've eaten over the last few days is actually criminal.  Not to mention the amount of alcohol that's gone along with that.

Mostly your general Reapers swag.  Since I'm still new to the team I mostly got hats, scarves, golves, those kinds of things so I can rep the Reapers everywhere.

I'd hire the homeless population to help me with distribution.  Kill two birds with one stone so to say.

1)      Philadelphia surprisingly lost to Helsinki in 6 games. What are your thoughts on the series?

2)      How do you feel about the team’s performance this season?

3)      How do you feel about your personal performance this season?

4)      If you haven’t been drafted, where do you think you’ll be picked in the VHLM Draft? The VHL Draft? If you’ve already been drafted, how do you feel about the team you’ve been drafted by?

5)      This offseason occurs during the winter. Do you have any plans for your time off this winter?

6)      Are you a fan of any other winter sports? Will you be attending / watching any of those sports during the break?

11 hours ago, DMaximus said:

1)      Philadelphia surprisingly lost to Helsinki in 6 games. What are your thoughts on the series?
         I think surprising is the right word, mostly because we didn't play Helsinki as they are a VHL team.  @DMaximus we gota start screening these reporters before they ask us questions.  :)

I think we did great, we missed playoffs last year so to go from that to fourth in the league feels good.  Our exit from the playoffs came too early but that's life.

Really good, I had 60 point, which is a big uptick compared to how i did last season.

4)      If you haven’t been drafted, where do you think you’ll be picked in the VHLM Draft? The VHL Draft? If you’ve already been drafted, how do you feel about the team you’ve been drafted by?

The wolves are looking good, and I think they should still be good next year. I've spent some time with those guys and look forward to working with them when I'm ready.

5)      This offseason occurs during the winter. Do you have any plans for your time off this winter?

As per usual with the offseason I'd like to take some time to visit Finland and visit friends and family.  Also continuing to work on my book series.

6)      Are you a fan of any other winter sports? Will you be attending / watching any of those sports during the break?

I'm a big curling fan so I can hopefully squeeze some of that in during the off season.

On 12/31/2019 at 4:38 PM, DMaximus said:

Sometimes things just don't go your way, and that happened to us.

We had a real good season and I feel we could have gone deeper in the playoffs

I felt good. Got more points this season. Probably could have taken less PIMS

I was drafted a while ago by Prague. I'd be excited to see if they call me up. 

Catch up on reading. 

Curling

On 12/31/2019 at 10:38 AM, DMaximus said:

We had our chances, we just couldn't convert when we needed to. Simple as that.

I think we had a hell of a regular season, just had a few tough games in the playoffs.

I think I had a pretty solid rookie season. Im just looking forward to next year already.

4)      If you haven’t been drafted, where do you think you’ll be picked in the VHLM Draft? The VHL Draft? If you’ve already been drafted, how do you feel about the team you’ve been        drafted by?

Im hoping to go somewhere within the first round, but if i don't, its not the end of the world. I just want to go to a team that really wants me to pay for them.

Im just planning on heading home to see my family. Obviously stay in peak shape and get my ice time in, but a break is definitely needed.

Not really, I ski from time to time, but thats about it.

1)      Saskatoon won the cup by defeating Mississauga in the finals 4 games to 1. Thoughts?

2)      How was your New Year’s? Did you spend it in Philly or somewhere else? What did you do?

3)      What are your New Year’s resolutions?

4)      Off-season means off-season workout routine. What’s your favorite workout move?

5)      You get to be a hero or a villain for one day. What are you?

6)      Philadelphia is ripe with history and secret societies. What secret society would you start?

15 hours ago, DMaximus said:

1)      Saskatoon won the cup by defeating Mississauga in the finals 4 games to 1. Thoughts?

They deserved to win. Outplayed them.

2)      How was your New Year’s? Did you spend it in Philly or somewhere else? What did you do?

I flew home to spend a few days with the family back in the UK. I spent a lot of time reading and walking. 

3)      What are your New Year’s resolutions?

To train harder and work on my shot.

4)      Off-season means off-season workout routine. What’s your favorite workout move?

Deadlifts

5)      You get to be a hero or a villain for one day. What are you?

Hero

6)      Philadelphia is ripe with history and secret societies. What secret society would you start?

Nice try, that's a secret 

1)      Saskatoon won the cup by defeating Mississauga in the finals 4 games to 1. Thoughts?

Not surprising, I think everyone saw Sask winning this, it was really a matter of who they would beat in the finals.

2)      How was your New Year’s? Did you spend it in Philly or somewhere else? What did you do?

I was in Philly but i didn't do much, I was in bed by 10:30.

3)      What are your New Year’s resolutions?

I would like to improve my workout and practice routines.

4)      Off-season means off-season workout routine. What’s your favorite workout move?

With the extra free time the off season has I enjoy traveling and rowing on lakes.

5)      You get to be a hero or a villain for one day. What are you?

A hero, or maybe a Robin Hood esque type villain.

6)      Philadelphia is ripe with history and secret societies. What secret society would you start?

The Ketchup on Hot Dogs Society, where you can freely put ketchup on your hot dogs without people judging you.

Season 70 Press Opening Press Conference:

Answer all 6 questions and claim for 2 TPE:

1)      The S70 draft has come and gone for both the VHL and VHLM. What was your draft day experience like?

2)      New players, how do you feel about joining the Philadelphia Reapers? If you’ve already on the team, what do you think of the new blood?

3)      What are your expectations for the Reapers this season?

4)      What are your expectations for yourself?

5)      Use exactly 3 words to summarize your offseason.

6)      The Reaper maintenance team is looking for suggestions for what they can do to the opposing team’s locker room less comfortable. What’s your suggestion?

Edited by DMaximus

1 hour ago, DMaximus said:

Answer all 6 questions and claim for 6 TPE:

1)      The S70 draft has come and gone for both the VHL and VHLM. What was your draft day experience like?

It was a bit shocking for me but I have big shoes to fill being the first pick of both teams in both leagues.

2)      New players, how do you feel about joining the Philadelphia Reapers? If you’ve already on the team, what do you think of the new blood?

I'm pretty excited, I'm really enjoying the team so far everyone seems great.

To produce and prove why it was a good choice to pick me first round.

To not let either of my teams down like I said before I have huge shoes to fill and a lot to prove.

Off the charts.

6)      The Reaper maintenance team is looking for suggestions for what they can do to the opposing team’s locker room less comfortable. What’s your suggestion?

Take away their benches so they either have to sit on the floor or stand through each intermission and before the game starts.

On 1/13/2020 at 1:03 PM, DMaximus said:

1. Stayed home and drank Bud Light. Didn’t pay much attention to who was drafted. 

2. I’ve heard that we’re looking like the “super power” this season. Like I said I didn’t watch the draft so I won’t know until training camp starts. 

3. I expect to go further in the playoffs this season. Preferably win it all. 

4. 97 points last season, I want 100. 

5. Drank Bud Light. 

6. Either pour shitty beers like Coors and Miller on everything so it’s sticky or just pour some liquid ass in the stalls. Always gets the job done. 

On 1/13/2020 at 1:03 PM, DMaximus said:

Well i had a pretty good draft experience. 

I feel pretty good about joining the Philly reapers (for the second time) Ive also seen our new players and im liking the team so far

Good things

Pretty good rookie performances

My Best Offseason

Make all the chairs extremely short, turn the heat up to like 80 in there, and also you could make their lockers have a combination but then "forget" to tell them