Ranking the VHLM logos [1/2]

Matt_O

Last week, I ranked the VHL logos 

This week I will rank the eight VHLM logos. Some of these logos, such as the Wild and the Lynx's logo, are tough to rank because they are very similar. But lets get into it.

8. Halifax 21st 

Card image cap

Overall I would say this logo is very boring. There is little that sticks out to me when I look at this logo, it seems old fashioned almost. When compared to other logos, you can tell the others were made far more recently. There isn't anything particular I dislike about this logo, it is just everything that I find unappealing. Maybe I'm being to harsh, but Halifax is my least favorite of the VHLM logos.

7. Yukon Rush

Card image cap

This logo is quite boring as well, but it is better than Halifax's logo. The color scheme of the orange and blue fits well, and the wings on the end of the R is a nice touch. This logo is ahead of Halifax because this logo isn't ugly, and can be looked at with optimism. Halifax's logo just doesn't look good.

6. Las Vegas Aces

Card image cap

This logo is quite basic as well, but the design overall is done well and slots it ahead of Yukon and Halifax. My biggest complaint is the weird font, which turns me off a little bit. The ace in the middle with the hockey sticks behind it is nice. The design of the circle surrounding the ace looks good to me, even with the weird font.

5. Minnesota Storm

Card image cap

The Storm's logo is very clean and designed well, but the reason it isn't ranked higher is because it just seems odd. I might be over critical here, but it just is such a weird logo to have. It is very detailed, with the reflections on his forehead being a very nice addition. Overall it's a clean logo but is just off for me. Very weird looking.

4. Ottawa Lynx

Card image cap

Ottawa's logo is similar to Saskatoons, but less detailed. The whiskers and the shadows on the face make it look more detailed and overall, makes it look better. The piercing eyes and the pointy ears of the Lynx, alongside the sharp teeth gives off a threatening feeling, which is probably what they were going for.

3. Houston Bulls

Card image cap

The logo of one of the new VHLM teams ranks third on our list. The fire is a great touch, but the reason this isn't second is because it seems almost as if the person who made the logo tried to hard. The 'beard' on the bull, and the aggressive color scheme looks ok, but comes across that the logo has more stuff in it than they should have. More isn't always better. Still a nice logo though.

2. Saskatoon Wild

Card image cap

The wild have a similar logo to the Lynx, but is more detailed and overall, I like it better. This animal is looking more straight on, rather than the Lynx, which looks to the side. The blue mouth seems weird but works really well for me, as well as the blue outline. The white surrounding the eye and the zig zag pattern on the left side looks great for this logo. The attention to detail in this logo really works great for me.

1. Philadelphia Reapers

Card image cap 

Another new VHLM franchise and they rank first on our VHLM logo rankings. The Reapers logo looks really clean, and very cool. The cloak gives off an intimidation factor, and the fact that their is no face makes this logo five times better. The scythe's red color fits well, and the yellow/ orange reflection on the front of the cloak adds another level of detail to the logo. Overall this logo works so well for me, and takes the cake for best VHLM logo.

Feel free to leave your opinions in the reply section!

644 words

• Commissioner
42 minutes ago, Matt_O said:

When compared to other logos, you can tell the others were made far more recently

It’s actually the most recent aside from the two new expansions. The artist we hired for it was simply not as experienced as his portfolio implied and he took way too long meaning we had to rush things a bit.

• Commissioner
38 minutes ago, Matt_O said:

I'm surprised, it looks less modern

It was not a good situation at all. They expanded in and didn’t have a logo until 3/4 of the way through the season because the designer kinda screwed us so we had to work with what he gave us. I imagine the logo will get re-worked at some point.

Review-

Good job on the formatting. It was laid out nicely and was easy to follow. You provided a good little write-up on each team as well. I’d have to put Houston at number 1, Philly at 2, and Wild at 3, but agree with your rankings 4-8 ? The expansion team did an excellent job with their logos. 

Well done my friend

Edited by xDParK

On 2/24/2019 at 11:39 AM, Beketov said:

It’s actually the most recent aside from the two new expansions. The artist we hired for it was simply not as experienced as his portfolio implied and he took way too long meaning we had to rush things a bit.

On 2/24/2019 at 12:22 PM, Beketov said:

It was not a good situation at all. They expanded in and didn’t have a logo until 3/4 of the way through the season because the designer kinda screwed us so we had to work with what he gave us. I imagine the logo will get re-worked at some point.

I still see his emails in my Focused inbox and my sphincter clenches every time lol.

4 minutes ago, Spade18 said:

I still see his emails in my Focused inbox and my sphincter clenches every time lol.

:Hound: