GM 262: Ottawa Lynx vs. Houston Bulls

VHL Games

https://vhlforum.com/topic/58857-houston-bulls-announce-captains-goal-song-for-s65-campaign/?do=findComment&comment=591907

Peace     229

Posted February 24

So what you're saying is this goal song will never be heard, so you had to let everyone know it actually exists? 

@Peace

Nykonax     400

Posted February 24

On 2/24/2019 at 3:51 AM, Sonnet said:

Not only will it get the crowd going every time we put the puck in the net

crowd will never get going i guess

@Nykonax

Edited by Radcow

• Commissioner
9 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

"Expansion teams suck"

-Everyone when I started and Houston was new as well

Honestly with the VHLM teams are basically new every season anyway so I find getting the few extra pieces that they do tends to give expansion teams an edge if they are going for it. Philly never really went for it so they ranked obviously but Halifax was amazing their first season, as was Houston.

2 hours ago, Beketov said:

Honestly with the VHLM teams are basically new every season anyway so I find getting the few extra pieces that they do tends to give expansion teams an edge if they are going for it. Philly never really went for it so they ranked obviously but Halifax was amazing their first season, as was Houston.

Well, it is each GM's approach how to do it - some will find it better to blow up the team first season and try to land as many picks in the upcoming drafts as they can, so they can have some guarantee to be competitive every year after that and some will just try to get everything ready for the first season and just punch a hole in VHLM history. I guess there really isn't the Right and the Wrong way how to do stuff, just what suits your future plans. (My humble opinion)

• Commissioner
30 minutes ago, FrostBeard said:

Well, it is each GM's approach how to do it - some will find it better to blow up the team first season and try to land as many picks in the upcoming drafts as they can, so they can have some guarantee to be competitive every year after that and some will just try to get everything ready for the first season and just punch a hole in VHLM history. I guess there really isn't the Right and the Wrong way how to do stuff, just what suits your future plans. (My humble opinion)

Oh no doubt, the options are both there. I just mean it’s far easier to do the first in the VHLM than in the VHL simply because of the nature of the league being on a far faster cycle. The second option is definitely possible (there’s a good chance Philly could be dangerous next season) but it’s basically the only option for VHL expansions.

16 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Oh no doubt, the options are both there. I just mean it’s far easier to do the first in the VHLM than in the VHL simply because of the nature of the league being on a far faster cycle. The second option is definitely possible (there’s a good chance Philly could be dangerous next season) but it’s basically the only option for VHL expansions.

VHL is 100% tougher to manage than VHLM, fully agreed and VHL is a lot more future plan based league as at most players will spend 2 seasons in VHLM at max.