Riga Reign Press Conference

On 7/28/2024 at 8:45 PM, ke1vi said:
:rig:RIGA REIGN PRESS CONFERENCE:rig:

July 28th, 2024

1.  How do you look back on this season - would you call it a success or failure based on expectation?

2. What type of lessons do you learn from losing a 3-1  series lead in the playoffs?

3.Moscow went onto win the whole thing, does it make you feel a bit better or worse?

4.  What are your offseason plans - taking any vacations?

5.  Did you have any injuries bothering you in the playoffs?

6. Are you watching much of the summer Olympics this year?

1 - Pleasantly surprised that we got to the finals, but I know the group we had was capable of going far anyway.

2 - Playoffs are its own beast; you can't slack off at the final bosses

3 - A bit better knowing we lost to the champions in the end, but it's Moscow so whatever

4 - I'm always racing cars when I'm not playing hockey.

5 - Nope, not one bruise.  

6 - No I'm not into that stuff.

1 hour ago, ke1vi said:

August 4th, 2024

1.  How did you enjoy your offseason, did it go by too quick for you?

2. The season starts this week, how do you feel about Riga's chances after last years success?

3. Is there a specific skill/area you're hoping to improve on this season?

4.  Have you spoken to any of the new additions to the team yet?

5.  What city are you most looking to travel too now that the season is back on?

6. Do you watch any sports in the summer or waiting for hockey to come on?

1 - To be honest I found it quite long.  Got alot of stuff done though

2 - I like our group this season so far, I think we can maybe go challenge the top teams from the very beginning.

3 - Maybe my defense needs to be a bit better.

4 - Of course.

5 - Davos is kinda nice and peaceful.

6 - If you count Formula 1 as a sport then yeah

On 8/4/2024 at 11:30 AM, ke1vi said:

August 4th, 2024

1.  How did you enjoy your offseason, did it go by too quick for you?

2. The season starts this week, how do you feel about Riga's chances after last years success?

4.  Have you spoken to any of the new additions to the team yet?

5.  What city are you most looking to travel too now that the season is back on?

1.  How did you enjoy your offseason, did it go by too quick for you?
It was just right. It didn't feel too boring.
I have no idea how we will do. It looks like we should be competitive for the most part.
I would like to be more consistent. I hate going a few games without any production.
4.  Have you spoken to any of the new additions to the team yet?
I talk to myself all the time. 
5.  What city are you most looking to travel too now that the season is back on?
Moscow
I follow Formula 1 and the NHL. 

August 11th, 2024

1.  We're currently the best team in the league - how are you feeling about that?

2. What do you think has been the best contribution to such a hot start?

3. Shubham Anand find himself at the top of league scoring - do you think he keeps that pace?

4.  Do you find the game a bit sloppier to start the season and teams will adjust and be more structured?

5.  Is Red Panda the best goalie in the league, or he the best goalie in the league?

6. Is your summer over or do you have any big things coming up before fall starts next month?

1. We have earned it. We have great player in a great system playing to their potential.

2. After seeing a team we also beat hoist the Cup, we are coming out hungry. May we not be satisfied until the  Cup is ours.

3. I don't see a reason why I can't. The build us good and will only get better.

4. Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face. Teams will adjust as the season goes on it is only natural.

5. He has finally become one of the best goalkeeper in the league.

6. Things should begin to calm down for me at least. It has been a busy summer.

On 8/11/2024 at 12:43 PM, ke1vi said:

August 11th, 2024

1.  We're currently the best team in the league - how are you feeling about that?

3. Shubham Anand find himself at the top of league scoring - do you think he keeps that pace?

4.  Do you find the game a bit sloppier to start the season and teams will adjust and be more structured?

5.  Is Red Panda the best goalie in the league, or he the best goalie in the league?

6. Is your summer over or do you have any big things coming up before fall starts next month?

1.  We're currently the best team in the league - how are you feeling about that?
I always like to be on top.
The teams that we played were bottom dwellers for the most part. We still did well against the tougher teams, just not as many times. It will balance out but our start is still something to work off of.
I would hope so, but it's a long season.
4.  Do you find the game a bit sloppier to start the season and teams will adjust and be more structured?
I have always thought that the first 15 games or so was very random feeling. I seems to take Simon a bit of time to settle down and just be his normal random self.
5.  Is Red Panda the best goalie in the league, or he the best goalie in the league?
He has been very good and I would consider him the best. 
Not sure, just waiting for the temps to drop. It's been too hot to do much during the day.

August 18th, 2024

1.  We are still number one in the league - could this be Riga's year to end the drought?

2. Do you think the blown 3-1 lead in last years playoffs have motivated us to the hot start?

3. Lucy Leitner is amongst the top 5 in points - do you think she wins the most improved player?

4.  What is the key to keeping this hot start going?

5.  How do you find the VHL in the summer as its normally less busy?

6. Does it feel like a really long NHL Offseason despite the late finish?

On 8/18/2024 at 7:50 AM, ke1vi said:

August 18th, 2024

1.  We are still number one in the league - could this be Riga's year to end the drought?

2. Do you think the blown 3-1 lead in last years playoffs have motivated us to the hot start?

3. Lucy Leitner is amongst the top 5 in points - do you think she wins the most improved player?

4.  What is the key to keeping this hot start going?

5.  How do you find the VHL in the summer as its normally less busy?

1.  We are still number one in the league - could this be Riga's year to end the drought?
Unfortunately, we would have to trade for another winger or two to be a real threat.
I was on the other team of that comeback but our team lost a couple of key players for this season. Most of the wins are just beating up on bottom dwellers.
Dustin Funk would be proud of her.
4.  What is the key to keeping this hot start going?
We need the team to earn and improve their players. We just need to keep working.
5.  How do you find the VHL in the summer as its normally less busy?
It is dead in the summer and barely has a pulse in the winter.
I don't really have a sense for that. Seems about normal to me.

August 25th, 2024

1.  We 're almost halfway through the season now, how do you think your player is doing?

2. We are still top of EU by points %, what do we need to do to jump back on top of Moscow in actual points and stay there?

3.Last year had a 60 goal scorer for the first time in the new meta - Anand is on pace for the same total. Will he do it?

4.  Do you have any plans for the all-star break upcoming?

5.  Do you think real-life time for a full VHL season is fine?

6. What did you think of the Askarov trade between the Sharks and Predators?

On 8/25/2024 at 7:41 AM, ke1vi said:

August 25th, 2024

1.  We 're almost halfway through the season now, how do you think your player is doing?

2. We are still top of EU by points %, what do we need to do to jump back on top of Moscow in actual points and stay there?

3.Last year had a 60 goal scorer for the first time in the new meta - Anand is on pace for the same total. Will he do it?

1. Not playing as good as I would like but overall Gunner is getting the job done.
2. We would need at least a higher skilled winger to stay at the top. Defense and goal tending seems solid.
3. What's the "New Meta"? and I hope the best for Anand.
4. No plans at all.
5. Fine with me.
6. I don't follow those teams so I have zero thoughts about it.

On 8/25/2024 at 8:41 AM, ke1vi said:

August 25th, 2024

1. I've been pleasantly surprised by how well my player has done this season!  🔥 The main thing for me is helping the team win games, but I can't lie, it's nice to be putting up points 😅
hunger games GIF

2. I'm not sure there is any one thing we can do to stay on top, but just need to keep building as a team and hope Simon favors us to stay on top!

Hunger Games Odds GIF

3. Speaking of people who are cooking this season, Anand has been incredible and probably our MVP this season!  I think he gets to 60 with the way things have been going-- that's the hope anyway!

200.gif

4. Nope, not really.  Just chilling:)

Cat Relaxing GIF by The Dodo

5. Wait, like a full year for a full season?  I'm not sure anyone would finish a career if they were 9 years-- like, it would be interesting, but probably a bit too much commitment realistically.  Sign me up?

Jennifer Lawrence Volunteer GIF

6. Absolutely loved that trade for the Sharks!  They basically gave up Tomas Hertl for Askarov since they basically gave Nashville the exact assets they got from Vegas + Magnus Chrona (A.K.A "Big Time" lol-- best name in hockey).  I think it's fair value though for a potential franchise goalie and I'm super excited to see how he works out in SJ!  I don't think I've ever been this excited for an NHL season since I've been watching hockey and as a Sharks fan there's so much to look forward to.  We'll probably still finish last though lol
The Hunger Games Dope GIF

P.S.  Not sure why I went with a Hunger Games theme here, it kinda just happened.  It's been ages since I watched the movies / read the books

1. We are 2 points behind Moscow and have 1 more games to play against them. Do you think we can still finish first overall in the standings? 
2. Red Panda had a rough week last week do you think he can play better this week? 
3. Do you think Shubham Anand will finish 1st in overall goal this season? He has 49 and the closest players has 46.

4. the NFL season has just started are you excited for this season or another sports seasons to start? 

5. what is your top 3 movies or all-time and why?
6. Surprisingly we still have a 2nd round pick is there anyone in this draft that you may like to play with or intrigued to know the user? 

3 minutes ago, Lemorse7 said:

1. We are 2 points behind Moscow and have 1 more games to play against them. Do you think we can still finish first overall in the standings? 
2. Red Panda had a rough week last week do you think he can play better this week? 
3. Do you think Shubham Anand will finish 1st in overall goal this season? He has 49 and the closest players has 46.

4. the NFL season has just started are you excited for this season or another sports seasons to start? 

6. Surprisingly we still have a 2nd round pick is there anyone in this draft that you may like to play with or intrigued to know the user? 

1. As a Moscow alumni you definitely will not pass them and should just forfeit if you end up playing them in the playoffs. (In all seriousness though looks like a close race and it could be the start of a great rivalry)

2. Depends on if he's made his Simon prayer and has done his due diligence earning the TPE. You get what you put into the league.

3. Scoring pace for a player depends less on the scorer and more on the supporting cast around them. As long as the group continues to work results will come. 

4. I literally only watch American Football for the superbowl and really could not care how it pans out otherwise.

5. Shawshank Redemption is an instant classic. That movie just does such a good job at digesting evil and how we cope with the realities of it. Second would be Puss in Boots: The Last Wish, that movies has NO RIGHT being as amazing as it is and I highly recommend it. Lastly I'll throw in Spiderman No Way Home, just a good movie and amazing cast of course. 

6. I heard there's this guy called Joel Jakobs who's supposed to be pretty good but idk much about him. 

On 9/9/2024 at 11:03 AM, Lemorse7 said:

1. We could if we win every game. I predict we finish 3rd...
2. He had Simon fighting him all week. Maybe he will play better this week.
3. I think that would be great and I see no reason whey he won't finish on top.
4. I don't watch other sports besides hockey and formula Uno.
5. John Wick 1, John Wick 2, John Wick 3. I like good family films.
6. I can honestly say, I haven't looked at the draft class at all.

September 15th, 2024

1.  We fell down to third at the end of the season, how do we refresh in time for Game 1?

2. Who are you preferring to win out of the wild card rounds?

3. Anand finished the season with 54 goals, how dominant was he throughout the year?

4.  What is your plan to prepare for Round 1 with the wildcard currently on-going?

5.  With Malmo passing us, do you have a bit of fire under you to take them out as the lower seed?

6. Do you watch any of the rookie tournaments that the NHL puts off before every season?