Malmo a case of a GMs ego? Or a mad plan about to go right. [1/2]

Incase your living under a rock, the last few seasons have seen the VHL add two new teams. Moscow joined last year and appears to be playing the long game. Malmo a city is Sweden in case you have no idea where the **** it is because most would never pick for a Swedish team Malmo. First mistake of the new GM, second appears to be going all in first season? He went hard after free agents and is now trading picks to add veteran talent. They will maybe make the playoffs, but honestly what is the point? I think its the GMs ego, he is a well respected talented GM but seems odd for such a veteran to make such a big splash. Especially on an upstart franchise that will be in year one. 

Maybe Pajari who is barely a 2nd line center now, and Odinsson who is a solid but unspectacular member will be the boost the team needs. They added some very solid guys in expansion, and good prospects in a deep draft. However, its left people questioning has advantage gone mad? Will his crazy plan pay off or just be a waste of time for a franchise that should be focused on stockpiling young talent. 

I think he took a playbook from the NHL, but these leagues they are not the same. We are forced to retire early, players can really bust like Nail Yakupov bad. This is not the Golden Knights and i think most of us will laugh when they miss the playoffs this season. I think it is a crazy bone headed move to be quite honest, and i made a few of those in my first tenure as a general manager. 

Meanwhile Moscow will take the slow build approach around Grubauer, Jaguar, Komarov, and many others. Time will tell whose approach will end in the the franchises winning their first cup. It will be a rivalry mainly because they are the two newest franchises and they race to win a cup first.

Both a veteran GMs, both have won cups, both are long serving loved members. They respect each other but do not be shocked to see a few shots fired between them till they win the cup. Which general manager would you rather have in your corner? Track record suggests they both are capable, but they have a big challenge ahead lets see who wins. 

Time to focus on Moscow abit, the roster is set Gruebaur, Jaguar will man the top 2 lines as the centers. Ballie, Matteo, Volosenkov on the wings, with an unknown 4th at this point in time. On defense Komarov will lead the way once again. Proud as always to play for his home countries team on the back end, Matthews his partner, Brostein, and Bradfusson will back them up on the second pairing. Starting in net will be newcomer May, backing him up is Chase who has been past in the depth chart after a promising start to his career. 

(Full disclosure this is for fun i respect Advantage, just creating a fun rivarly)