Moscow Menace Press Conference

1. 31 games in, Moscow is in first place by the slimmest of margins. How are we feeling about our chances to win the conference?

I think with continued work by the players, minor tweaks to the lines and some good old SimonT prayers, we'll be fine.

2. Is there a weekly ritual the team should try to spark the power play? What should the ritual be?

We already consume the Zamboni's weight in Vodka every week, so I'm fine with that tbh.

3. For those still building your player, which attributes are you working on updating at the moment? If your player is already built, are there any adjustments you would make to any of your attributes if you could?

I am not prepared to leak information to our rivals. If they are reading this, I'm spending everything on Grit from now on.

4. Do you have any plans for the Super Bowl this Sunday, if so what are they?

Fast forward the Lip Synch nightmare of Rhianna and see who triumphed when the clock hit 0.00

5. The VHL has been rolling out new ways to improve the league as of late, what would YOU like to see improve?

The re-introduction of boobie posts.

6. We are in the middle of the NHL season, what is your favorite hockey arena you have been to? (This can be from ANY league, not just the NHL.)

I can safely say that I have NEVER been to a hockey arena in my life. Way to discriminate bro!

New presser for week ending 2/26!

1. Trade deadline has come and gone, Moscow didn't make any moves but a few other teams did. Any trades that caught your eye?

2. If you were Moscow GM and had the cap space for any player in the league right now, who would you trade for?

3. Last week was Theme Week, and the theme was rivalry. A lot of Warsaw players seemingly called out Moscow as their rival, but who would you say is our real rival?

4. I've been harping on Davos for a bit now, especially since they made a trade before the deadline and have gone 0-4-1 against us this season. Why do we keep beating them?

5. Our bot goalie played his first game today and let in 4 goals en route to a shut out loss. What record do you think the bot will finish with, as we have 7 more starts for him left.

6. What words of encouragement (or intimidation) do you have for our bot backup?

On 2/20/2023 at 7:37 PM, Spartan said:

New presser for week ending 2/26!

1. Trade deadline has come and gone, Moscow didn't make any moves but a few other teams did. Any trades that caught your eye?

2. If you were Moscow GM and had the cap space for any player in the league right now, who would you trade for?

3. Last week was Theme Week, and the theme was rivalry. A lot of Warsaw players seemingly called out Moscow as their rival, but who would you say is our real rival?

4. I've been harping on Davos for a bit now, especially since they made a trade before the deadline and have gone 0-4-1 against us this season. Why do we keep beating them?

5. Our bot goalie played his first game today and let in 4 goals en route to a shut out loss. What record do you think the bot will finish with, as we have 7 more starts for him left.

6. What words of encouragement (or intimidation) do you have for our bot backup?

1. Wasn't expecting a 3 way trade, but if there was anyone to do it I'd expect it to be Alex

2. Landon Wolanin, he's a TPE machine and great teammate

3. I'd say our real rival is Vancouver for sure, so much history between the organizations from the final battles

4. I feel like we have better depth and defense, also we can goon it up with them

5. I think he'll be 3-2-2

6. Close your five-hole and stop closing your eyes when they shoot the puck

More press conference questions, this time as I sit in a meeting and try not to fall asleep!

1. We've consistently narrowly lost to Vancouver in almost all our games this season, what do we need to do to secure the victories against them in the future?

2. We are holding on to the lead in the EU, but there's stiff competition behind us. Do you think we can hold on?

3. Of the top three NA teams, which do you think is the LEAST scary? (VAN, LA, CGY).

4. Of the EU teams, which two other than HSK do you think misses the playoffs? (DAV, LDN, WAR, PRG, RIG, MAL).

5. Can you play any instruments? If not, is there any instrument you'd like to learn?

6. Which teammate decides what music gets played in the locker room? Do you like their music taste?

1. We've consistently narrowly lost to Vancouver in almost all our games this season, what do we need to do to secure the victories against them in the future?

Simply believe that they are susceptible to the power of the Menace and show up against them, ready to beat the shit out of them.

2. We are holding on to the lead in the EU, but there's stiff competition behind us. Do you think we can hold on?

Hehehe, "stiff". Umm, I mean we are more than capable of holding off the weaker teams behind us. They wish they were the Moscow Menace.

3. Of the top three NA teams, which do you think is the LEAST scary? (VAN, LA, CGY).

Los Angeles. Bunch of wannabe actors and cosmetic surgery devotees. Call me when they are good at hockeying.

4. Of the EU teams, which two other than HSK do you think misses the playoffs? (DAV, LDN, WAR, PRG, RIG, MAL).

Helsinki is going to miss the playoffs? My god, the world is ending! I don't care for any of the other Euro teams, so it's a pity that they ALL don't miss out to be honest.

5. Can you play any instruments? If not, is there any instrument you'd like to learn?

Not well enough to say that "I can play....." If I had to pick one, I'd say the Bagpipes. I have the space, so why not?

6. Which teammate decides what music gets played in the locker room? Do you like their music taste?

Nico Pearce controls the sound system, but I must say that his choice of Nepalese Nose Flute beatboxing is a little weird.

On 2/27/2023 at 10:15 AM, Spartan said:

More press conference questions, this time as I sit in a meeting and try not to fall asleep!

1. Pretty poor, I just don't think Moscow is built to compete, it's too bad Warsaw wasn't able to make it out of the WC round v Riga otherwise they would've shown Moscow what it's like to face someone better than them.

2. I think this season came down to luck for who placed where at the time of final standings, Moscow caught a lucky break, Warsaw equally deserved to be up in those top standings spots.

3. Personally every NA team is just weaksause compared to any EU team, besides fucking Helsinki.

4. Well London is Dogshit, it's a miracle that they were in the race in the first place and idk what business Malmo has being that high up.

5. I could probably pick up a trumpet and spit out a nice hot cross buns or scale, that pos is sitting in my closet probably rusting.

6. Whoever has spotify premium because no one wants to listen to ads, if it's bad the team lets em know anyways.

• 4 weeks later...

NEW PRESSER

1. The S88 Draft was last Monday! We traded back from 10 to 13 and received an extra S90 1st round pick, while still selecting our target Nils Andersson - @Viper. What are your thoughts on this trade/pick?

2. With a third round selection, we picked Lim Jahey - @Cuffy. Do you think he can be the biggest steal of the draft now that he's signed his ELC and is starting to claim TPE?

3. We now have three first round picks in the next two drafts. Would you use those picks as trade value for other players, or use those picks on prospects in a draft?

4. Which league draft is your favorite to watch and why? Can also be any irl draft as well

5. What's your favorite flavor of goldfish crackers and why is it flavor blasted nachos?

6. I always like to pick a song to be our team's seasonal song. What would be your recommendation to consider?

4 hours ago, Spartan said:

NEW PRESSER

1. The S88 Draft was last Monday! We traded back from 10 to 13 and received an extra S90 1st round pick, while still selecting our target Nils Andersson - @Viper. What are your thoughts on this trade/pick?

Awesome job hats off to the gm

2. With a third round selection, we picked Lim Jahey - @Cuffy. Do you think he can be the biggest steal of the draft now that he's signed his ELC and is starting to claim TPE?

Could be a major steal or a bust

3. We now have three first round picks in the next two drafts. Would you use those picks as trade value for other players, or use those picks on prospects in a draft?

Keep the picks and grow thru the draft

4. Which league draft is your favorite to watch and why? Can also be any irl draft as well

Dont watch many drafts just look at the results next day

5. What's your favorite flavor of goldfish crackers and why is it flavor blasted nachos?

pizza is the best flavour

6. I always like to pick a song to be our team's seasonal song. What would be your recommendation to consider?

Sunnyvale TPB Theme song

4 hours ago, Spartan said:

NEW PRESSER

Solid return and got the guy we wanted, it's a win.

If he earns at a consistent pace and doesn't go IA, yeah.

Depends on how we do and who's available. If we're bad maybe use them to grab good players for the future. If we're good, spend them on improving the roster.

NFL cause you can see some crazy trade ups and root for someone from your college getting picked. Go Izzy 

Regular, haven't had them in a while so regular.

Made of stone, I really like it.

On 3/31/2023 at 2:01 PM, Spartan said:

NEW PRESSER

1. I'm not too well versed in the current best prospects, but I don't see how this trade could be viewed as a bad thing.

2. There's always that possibility that late round picks become effective VHL players *wink* *wink*

3. Depends on where our GMs view the team is currently at. I can see both sides

4. The NHL draft is always by far my favorite, given that the NHL is the league I follow the most

5. Blasted nachos always felt like it was too much cheese. The original cracker is the best because it's not overwhelming. It's more of a low-key type thing

6. Moskau by Dschinghis Khan is a little too obvious but I feel that it's a good contender. Perhaps the Red Army Choir version of "Let's Go" is the best option. It's the most hype march I've ever heard and sometimes I listen to it at the gym.

I'm hopeful that this excellent selection will work out for all involved. Great work on working the phones to get a deal done.

Certainly getting activity from a 3rd round selection is a positive step. Could prove a nice addition.

Depends entirely on the direction that Moscow wants to take beyond this season in my worthless opinion.

I don't know about this one. I enjoy the drafts here, but I guess I watch the NFL draft sometimes, just to see the next overhyped prospect that will see his dreams crushed by the NFL machine.

I don't eat fish food!

Another presser!

1. Moscow has had quite the streaky start to our season, starting 0-4, then going 4-1, now back in an 0-3 rut. How do we fix the inconsistency?

2. Tomas Sogaard, AK92 Wit da Hoodie and Ronan Lavelle are all in the top 10 for league scoring. Do you think they'll be able to maintain their spots amongst the leaders?

3. Be honest - did you have AK92 as the league assist leader in your seasonal predictions? Is Hedge's success tied to his vacation time so he can't actually see that he's doing well?

4. Are there any players around the VHL that are surprising you so far to start the season? Can be a good surprise or a bad surprise.

5. What did you do for Easter weekend? Any special plans?

6. If you could be the best player in the world at any sport or video game, what sport/game would you choose and why?

1. Moscow has had quite the streaky start to our season, starting 0-4, then going 4-1, now back in an 0-3 rut. How do we fix the inconsistency?

Find SimonT and threaten him with violence. Seriously, the code may as well be a pair of dice.

2. Tomas Sogaard, AK92 Wit da Hoodie and Ronan Lavelle are all in the top 10 for league scoring. Do you think they'll be able to maintain their spots amongst the leaders?

Who knows? Hopefully for them, they do and are rewarded with VHL accolades and glory.

3. Be honest - did you have AK92 as the league assist leader in your seasonal predictions? Is Hedge's success tied to his vacation time so he can't actually see that he's doing well?

I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday, let alone what crap I posted for predictions. And yes, I'm too lazy to check.

4. Are there any players around the VHL that are surprising you so far to start the season? Can be a good surprise or a bad surprise.

As mentioned, AK92 is obviously doing well, as is Sogaard. As for a negative.......I need a mirror.

I drowned my sorrows in Vodka and women of loose morals. It can't really effect my play any worse.

6. If you could be the best player in the world at any sport or video game, what sport/game would you choose and why?

The game of life....the game of life.

17 hours ago, Spartan said:

Another presser!

1. Mainly switch up lines to where we can get a steady results like shots on goal, hits, GOALS finding are mojo.

2. At this Rate yes.

3. I missed out on Season predictions this time.

4. Not really great players are playing great so far and see a handful of new names on the leader bored but nothing surprising yet.

5. nothing much hang out with the family and had a fun time.

6. Honestly Hockey, I have really enjoyed watching it and participating in these sims. But i would really like to play at least a game.Background_57.png.06c9d235aee8af88401f35fdf5477589.png

MORE PRESSER

1. Moscow has certainly found a groove recently, having gone 8-1-1 in our last 10 games. What would you attribute to our success since our extremely inconsistent start?

2. Who would you say has been the team MVP so far into the season and why?

3. How would you grade your performance about 25% of the way through the season so far? What are you going to try to improve from here on out?

4. If you could make smoothies for the entire team, what would you put into them?

5. If you could fight any other player in the VHL (even your teammates), who would you fight and why?

6. Would you rather play a game with a stick with no blade (the part you control the puck with) or without a skate blade in just one of your skates?

1. Moscow has certainly found a groove recently, having gone 8-1-1 in our last 10 games. What would you attribute to our success since our extremely inconsistent start?

I think the sim is poop, but eventually the talent is too difficult to keep down. You suck ass SimonT, but you can't keep Moscow subdued!

Based on the stats page, I'm going with Lavelle. AK has also been good, but when you sit on top of the points leaderboard, you get a shoutout.

3. How would you grade your performance about 25% of the way through the season so far? What are you going to try to improve from here on out?

Voss started slow again but has been a bit better lately. I'll give him a B- right now. I'll just keep trying to stay consistent, especially on the PP.

4. If you could make smoothies for the entire team, what would you put into them?

Vodka, Lime Juice, caviar and cocaine. It's called a Super-kick Mule.

5. If you could fight any other player in the VHL (even your teammates), who would you fight and why?

I'm a lover, not a fighter.

6. Would you rather play a game with a stick with no blade (the part you control the puck with) or without a skate blade in just one of your skates?

To start the season, I think I was actually in scenario 1(stick with no blade). It accounts for my shitty beginning.

8 hours ago, Spartan said:

MORE PRESSER

1. I’d say Murdock found his game during our wins and our depth players have been producing. When both lines can produce I don’t see anyone beating this team in a series.

2. We have 2 of the 3 best scoring defensemen in the league currently. We would not be seeing this success without either Voss or AK. It has to go to one of them right now. 
3. I’d give Lavelle an A based on the fact he’s leading the league in points currently. I’d love to see him notch in some more goals but I cannot complain about him setting up the other boys. I’m also always looking for his. I need to improve in the face off circle. 

On 4/17/2023 at 10:52 AM, Spartan said:

MORE PRESSER

1. Our kick butt team, from our offense to our defense and yes our great GM

2.Ronan Lavelle as been an awesome player racking up those points, but everyone has been play incredible this season

3. It's hard to say only playing 3 games this season but so far undefeated.

4. I don't know, I haven't made a smoothie in a while. But probable fruit and vanilla ice cream.

5. GOALIE FIGHT!!!!. Actually I would take on Henry Tucker jr. He took my last season with Oslo Storm which then made me a sec string goalie from then on.

6. I would lose one skate bladeBackground_57.png.9b5941eca5a2391b5b04d2e22cbcd36c.png

On 4/17/2023 at 12:52 PM, Spartan said:

MORE PRESSER

1. I think it's a combination of several things. Our power play has been clicking much more than the start of the season. A lot of guys have been stepping up when we need them the most and I think that's really helping us. 

2. I might be biased, but Soggy has had that dawg in him since the start. You can always count on him to take advantage of opportunities and to set a great example for the guys in the room. 

3. I'd say that I've been doing my job pretty well. If there's anything I need to change, it's taking too many penalties. 

4. Bananas and Strawberries. That combination of those two fruits always get the job done. 

5. I'm kinda disappointed I never got to fight Soggy while I was in LA. I'm sure he could hold his own pretty well.

6. A stick without a blade. I don't really use it that much anyway lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Another presser after forgetting a week, whoops

1. It's been a tough week in the EU with the standings going all over the place. Moscow is currently in 3rd place, but London is within range with games in hand, and even the wild card teams have a chance to catch up if we don't perform well. How do we hold our non-wild card playoff spot?

2. As it stands now, we'd play Davos in the first round. How do you think we'd fare against them in a playoff series?

3. Is there any team in the VHL, NA conference teams included, that you wouldn't want to play in the playoffs?

4. Helsinki might be one of the most shocking rollercoaster teams this season, going from dominating the EU at the start of the season to fighting for a wild card spot. Do you think they'll make the playoffs?

5. Our very own Ronan Lavelle leads the VHL in points, with Tomas Sogaard close behind in 3rd. Do you think it's likely that a Moscow player finishes the season in first for points?

6. Do you think any of your prediction picks look like they'll hit? Which ones?

On 5/8/2023 at 10:32 PM, Spartan said:

1. It's been a tough week in the EU with the standings going all over the place. Moscow is currently in 3rd place, but London is within range with games in hand, and even the wild card teams have a chance to catch up if we don't perform well. How do we hold our non-wild card playoff spot?

2. As it stands now, we'd play Davos in the first round. How do you think we'd fare against them in a playoff series?

3. Is there any team in the VHL, NA conference teams included, that you wouldn't want to play in the playoffs?

4. Helsinki might be one of the most shocking rollercoaster teams this season, going from dominating the EU at the start of the season to fighting for a wild card spot. Do you think they'll make the playoffs?

5. Our very own Ronan Lavelle leads the VHL in points, with Tomas Sogaard close behind in 3rd. Do you think it's likely that a Moscow player finishes the season in first for points?

1. We just gotta win games. Simple as that. 

2. I'd say that our group has a very good chance against them. 

3. Prague is a pretty formidable team right now, they would certainly be tough to play against. 

4. I'm not really sure, it's a hard league and anything can happen. They certainly have proven that they can be a good team. 

5. It's absolutely very likely. Both of those guys are very hard workers and both should be considered for the MVP.

6. A decent amount of my picks were very wrong, so I'm not so sure anymore.

We held it easily and I don't know what everyone was worried about. The Menace play best when our backs are against the wall.

Davos Schmavos. I'm not scared of some Swiss team. WE ARE MOSCOW! 

No, as you may have guessed by now, Hammar Voss does not fear any team in the VHL, so bring it on.

I have no feelings towards that Finnish team. I have erased them from my memory.

Of course I though that and in the end he did. I'm impressed that Lavelle took 162 less shots than Marner but still ended up with 3 more points. He's an efficient mofo.

I have no recollection of who or what I picked, so it will not be a shock if I only hit one or two correct.

On 5/8/2023 at 10:32 PM, Spartan said:

1. I had faith from the start about us getting 3rd place and the Simon gods smiled down on us. 
2. I feel great about it. Davos is a good team, and it’ll be a tough series but I have faith in our squad.

3. Prague has been scary all season and has been a thorn in our side. They’ll be tough to win 4 games against. 
4. I was honestly shocked they didn’t; I thought they were going to get the wildcard. 
5. I can’t express enough how thrilled I am that I finally was able to accomplish this with Lavelle. The fact Sogaard finished first in goals was just the cherry on top. Brandon deserves it.

6. I picked Lavelle for the goal scoring title, not the scoring so I may not get as many as I want haha. If Moscow wins it all though, I’ll be swimming in gold. 

Revised a little to answer so I can eagerly get my 2 TPE. 😆

Post postseason presser :(. Should be usable next week too.

1. Well, we got eliminated in the first round. How're you feeling, and what's on your mind?

2. Currently London, Davos, Calgary and Seattle are left alive. Who will you root for out of the remaining Cup contenders? Any particular reason for why?

3. If we're looking on the bright side, our early postseason exit along with Prague's early exit gives us 2 top 12 picks this draft. Anyone you have your eye on, or any position you think the organization should be looking at?

4. The World Cup is coming back this offseason, do you think you'll get picked to play for a national team? Do you enjoy playing in the World Cup?

5. We've got a fair amount of players that need to be re-signed this offseason. What would you say to them if you were in my spot for contract negotiations?

6. Lastly, we've officially seen the end of Kyosti Karjalainen @UnkemptCL4PTP's career - all of which was spent with Moscow despite initially being drafted to Helsinki. Any final words for one of the most loyal and consistent players in team history?