Moscow Menace Press Conference

1. Anyone get a chance to listen to our leaders podcast? If so, how can we get him to do more?

Nope, and just give more TPE for it!
2. We are winless so far. I know we are rebuilding and we all knew it would go like this, but do you still hate losing? I do.

Losing is never fun, but it's a long-term process here so patience is key. It's important to set other goals for the season.
3. The lines are getting moved around and the boss is seeing who plays better with each player. Is this a good strat since we really are lacking in builds and things are going to change the way we play anyway? 

Why not, now is the time to see which players gel so that next season we're ready to kick some major butt.
4. Everyone has a hobby. Some hobbies are kind of stupid and I don't tell anyone. Do you have any hobbies that others might not understand why you like it?

I stopped this type of thinking a long time ago. No hobby is stupid. I find it fascinating when people are passionate about what they do, no matter what it is. That being said, all my hobbies are not stupid ;) Unless you count golf since that costs me so much money per year.
5. Quiz time: What skill should every player on the team have a high level of tpe invested in? Only correct answers count.

Experience. My player should have 99 by default with how long ago I started simulation leagues.
6. If you had to make a new player all over again, like right now, what would you change if anything? 

Yeah I'd change the update scale. I don't like how the new scale forces so many similar builds.

On 11/5/2023 at 3:43 AM, Steve said:

Presser 11/5

1. Anyone get a chance to listen to our leaders podcast? If so, how can we get him to do more?
2. We are winless so far. I know we are rebuilding and we all knew it would go like this, but do you still hate losing? I do.
3. The lines are getting moved around and the boss is seeing who plays better with each player. Is this a good strat since we really are lacking in builds and things are going to change the way we play anyway? 
4. Everyone has a hobby. Some hobbies are kind of stupid and I don't tell anyone. Do you have any hobbies that others might not understand why you like it?
5. Quiz time: What skill should every player on the team have a high level of tpe invested in? Only correct answers count.
6. If you had to make a new player all over again, like right now, what would you change if anything? 
Bonus question/comment: Have you ever reviewed graphics for you weekly tasks? If not, there are so many that need reviewing and go unnoticed that it should be a real fast task to do. A simple review will sometimes make a member even more motivated to be active. Active=Good. 

1. I have not, just ask him though, nicely.

2. Loosing always sucks, I say this as a Sharks fan and knowing that loosing means getting a better pick but I still wanna see a win every time, I will never get upset with a win even if it means a worse draft pick.

3. Ya I think so, could help with future seasons.

4. Probably not? I do like watching history videos and such, that might be the weirdest one?

5. Even though I'm not a fan of it, defense.

6. Hard to say since my player is still so new. So I'll use my last player, I wish I putt a little less into leadership and more into defense or scoring.

Presser for the week of 11/19
1. Are you happy with your player so far this season?
2. What skill/skills are you trying to push?
3. Are you going to do anything fun over the holiday weekend?
4. How does it feel to be on a team that is rebuilding?
5. Do you think we will be contenders in the next two seasons?
6. What would you change in the league if you were in charge for a day?
*I encourage everyone to do this task. It takes a minute to complete for 2 TPE. 

53 minutes ago, Steve said:

1) So far, not terrible. I'd like to see him score more and get that plus minus down some...it's tad high.

2) I'm not totally sure right now honestly.

3) Not a holiday weekend for me now or coming up. I am just trying to grind away until my winter holidays!

4) It's feels fine. Losing sucks but it's part of rebuilding!

5) Next 2-3 hopefully.

6) I'm not sure. Maybe something to do with trivia since it's my least favourite part of the point tasks.

On 11/12/2023 at 7:11 AM, Steve said:

1. Yeah I can't really complain, he's just under ppg
2. I just got done pushing DK, now I'm on to SS
3. I'll actually be headed to NYC for Thanksgiving, hitting some Christmas markets and chilling in the big city

4. I know you hate it Steve, but I don't mind. It might also be because I'm rebuilding my own player

5. I bet in 2 years we'll be unbelievable

6. I still want there to be more flexibility in point tasks. If you suck at graphics writing a damn essay every week isn't very appealing

I had extremely low expectations so it's not hard to exceed them. Happy to be given a chance to produce.

Leadership to 99 baby!

I'm Canadian so we already had our holiday weekend. 

It's great. It takes the pressure off having to win every game and we can focus on how the core gels so that when we're in position to be winning we'll be well equipped to deal with it.

Spartan seems a savvy individual so I wouldn't put it past us.

Been there, done that. However, this new updating scale is not to my liking.

1. Are you happy with your player so far this season?  No
2. What skill/skills are you trying to push? More points to fighting! If we all put in the work we will get into more fights. In the end, putting points to fighting is the only way you get into fights, and if we all want to get into fights, we all must put points to fighting.
3. Are you going to do anything fun over the holiday weekend? Nothing special planned, relaxing weekend with some nice foods. Might do some Christmas shoppings also.
4. How does it feel to be on a team that is rebuilding? No comment
5. Do you think we will be contenders in the next two seasons? Yes, no, maybe, probably.
6. What would you change in the league if you were in charge for a day? I would make grapics to be point tasks that you need to do by hand, you would need to draw them on piece of paper or canvas of some sorts, then you would need to take a picture to submit. I would also make writing articles be something you need to do by hand, you would have to write them on piece of paper. To submit you would have to take a picture. 

Edited by jRuutu

Presser for week ending 11/26

1. How did you find the VHL?
2. Do you find it fun most of the time? Any suggestions?
3. Our team has won a game or two. How do you think we will do next season?
4. Anything good or bad going on in your life? 
5. I am really having fun with Baldur's Gate 3, do you have a favorite game you play?
6. The hybrid system has been in place for serveral seasons, do you think it's time to maybe adjust the ratios a bit? 

*The best thing you can do for your player and the team is earn the most you can each week. 

15 minutes ago, Steve said:

5. I am really having fun with Baldur's Gate 3, do you have a favorite game you play?
6. The hybrid system has been in place for serveral seasons, do you think it's time to maybe adjust the ratios a bit? 

*The best thing you can do for your player and the team is earn the most you can each week. 

1) I think I saw it in the PBE. If I didn't see it there it would have been the SHL.
2) I find it fun most of the time but I don't like the 500 word media spots. I'm not a very creative person and don't want to put crap up.

3) We'll probably struggle again but hopefully we'll start to do better

4) Not really. Pretty average I'd say/ My nine month old changes week to week which is probably most exciting for me.

5) I have a love/hate relationship with World of Warcraft and have been playing it's Wrath Classic version recently.
6) I know very little about the ratios so for me, they seem fine :)

On 11/19/2023 at 8:21 AM, Steve said:

1. Back during covid I found it from a post on /r/hockey

2. As someone who sucks at graphics (think actual mental deficit) and can never find someone to do a podcast with, I've burned out on writing my weekly VHL essay so many times
3. We might win a game or two more

4. I'm thinking about asking my girlfriend to move in with me soon, so thats cool I guess
5. Favorite of all time? Probably Roller Coaster Tycoon, favorite in adult times would be Fallout 3

6. No clue, I will always be at the mercy of STHS, stats are made up and don't matter

1. How did you find the VHL? Years ago I heard a homeless looking person yell about Bitcoin and VHL when I went to buy juice, I decided to invest in VHL as it sounded more fun.
2. Do you find it fun most of the time? Any suggestions?  I do, but some of the users I talk to here and there make it less fun. Suggestion: create multiple users and talk with yourself in the forums
3. Our team has won a game or two. How do you think we will do next season? Playoff hockey time next year!
4. Anything good or bad going on in your life? I bought a scarf. I don't know if I wear it or will I just be cold instead. I might just be cold instead.
5. I am really having fun with Baldur's Gate 3, do you have a favorite game you play? Football Manager games are fun games, casual fun, can do other stuff at the same time and have it run on the background.

I think updating fighting should bring 0.25 to scoring and checking.  Lets bring the old school hockey back!

Edited by jRuutu

I was in the know when it was first created.

I used to, now I'm just old. Be young.

Next season I think we'll make some noise but still finish below league average - unless there's some big moves made.

Lots but none that I am willing to share.

Been playing Counter Strike a long time, so probably that.
6. The hybrid system has been in place for several seasons, do you think it's time to maybe adjust the ratios a bit? 

I'm still fairly new to it so we'll see. Not sure yet. 

Presser for the week of 12/3

1. Thanksgiving is over. Did you get your fill if you celebrate that holiday?
2. Keeping with the holiday theme, anyone get a special "Black Friday" deal?
3. Looks like we are doing really good as a team, not winning much at all. Does it feel good to lose?
4. Looking at the standings, do you see any surprises? 
5. A couple of weeks left in the season, is your player developing to your satisfaction?
6. I watch Formula 1, what is my favorite color?

12 hours ago, Steve said:

3. Looks like we are doing really good as a team, not winning much at all. Does it feel good to lose?
5. A couple of weeks left in the season, is your player developing to your satisfaction?

1. Not American but happy to see all the plates of all the good food!

2. I didnt, i was gonna get a couple games but decided not to!

3. Well as a Warsaw player the other bad team i know how it feels to lose, i don’t mind losing close games but blow out games are tough 

4. Europe is a blood bath and NA is fine so not really.

5. Well not really, not getting many points currently, only rookie season though 

6. Yellow? Idk hahaha

On 11/26/2023 at 10:36 AM, Steve said:

1) Not American, but celebrated back in October

2) I bought a few courses and am thinking of buying a treadmill

3) Feels bad to lose but I'm hoping we'll start to pick things up in a couple seasons

4) Not really

5) Eh, sort of. I felt a little disappointment at not getting first line duty and I feel my stats are a bit further behind than they were last season. We'll see how things end up.

6) Have no idea and Formula 1 doesn't interest me at all

On 11/26/2023 at 9:36 AM, Steve said:

1. I did, I ate at Veselka in NYC (an extremely authentic Ukrainian restaurant). Absolute goat place to eat

2. Dude I bought so much shit I don't want to talk about it, but everyone's christmas presents are taken care of

3. I love losing its actually the best thing ever

4. Yeah, that Spart's mom isn't #1

5. I wish I could tell you that, but Spartan refuses to tell me what I should invest my TPE into

6. MAX VERSTAPPEN

1. Thanksgiving is over. Did you get your fill if you celebrate that holiday? I did not, but that was because we did not celebrate in Finland
2. Keeping with the holiday theme, anyone get a special "Black Friday" deal? I bought socks, saved few euros. I like socks, because they keep your feet clean and they also support your ankles a little.
3. Looks like we are doing really good as a team, not winning much at all. Does it feel good to lose? I also love it, I hope we keep losing next year too.
4. Looking at the standings, do you see any surprises?  London winning so many games despite being not so high-scoring team
5. A couple of weeks left in the season, is your player developing to your satisfaction? Slowly getting there
6. I watch Formula 1, what is my favorite color?  Red!

I didn't really celebrate thanksgiving this year.

I bought a basketball at 40% off, that was a pretty good day.

It feels great, it's called losing with purpose!

I honestly don't know enough about the league yet to make informed determinations about what should be surprising.

I started out pretty slow with Rashford and I'll never be a top TPE earner, but I'm happy with the development so far as doing a little more each week than the bare minimum. Not everyone on cup-winning teams can be the superstar, so there should always be a place for a player like Rashford.

I think the strongest historical association of a colour to F1 would be red for Ferrari so I'll go with that. 

On 11/26/2023 at 9:36 AM, Steve said:

1. Absolutely. We hosted for 3 back to back nights so there was so much eating and leftovers for the week afterwards.

2. Considering I just signed the lease for a new apartment, I bought a LOT of new apartment stuff on black friday! New mattress, frame, various accessories and furniture things. House was getting piled up with shipping boxes!

3. I think that the development is still going well. I love the growth I'm seeing from the team and think with the introduction of our S91 draftees, we'll have a very scary roster in the upcoming seasons. Losing is just part of the process.

4. I think Riga doing as well as they have was a surprise, maybe also Chicago 3rd in the NA after a very hot start.

5. I'm pretty happy actually, Syko wasn't playing well at all to start the season but has really found his form as of late and is one of the top goalies in the E now. I don't think he wins any awards, but just to be a solid goalie is pretty promising.

6. Black because if you're not a Max Verstappen fan, you're in permanent depression.

Presser for the week ending 12/10

1. How is your NHL team doing if you follow one? My Kings are looking good.
2. Who do you think we will be  looking at in the next draft?
3. Coming down to the wire, how do you feel you  are doing, as a player and an earner?
4. I am kind of looking forward to the off season, do you have any plans during our off time?
5. I think Spartan has done a good job at making us lose, should he be able to recieve an award?
6. If you could only listen to one band for a month, who would it be? 

Ummmm, not sure so let me google quickly. Oh, atop the Met Conference apparently. I'm sure that won't last long.

Definitely a German winger. I heard they are doing OK and believe in the Menace philosophy.

3. Coming down to the wire, how do you feel you  are doing, as a player and an earner?

Player decent, user same. I'm pretty balanced tbh. If my life sucks, so does my player.

4. I am kind of looking forward to the off season, do you have any plans during our off time?

I am going to learn Russian, just in case.

5. I think Spartan has done a good job at making us lose, should he be able to recieve an award?

He already has the Biggest loser award, what more does he need? 

Absolutely no-one. I couldn't do it.

1. How is your NHL team doing if you follow one? My Kings are looking good. I don't follow any teams that closely, I just see the stories and headlines about Finnish players.  Maccelli in Arizona underrated one.
2. Who do you think we will be  looking at in the next draft? Could be anyone, but whoever that player might be, I heard they are being transformed into a center to create true competition into the lineup.
3. Coming down to the wire, how do you feel you  are doing, as a player and an earner? I do alright, I just ask the old bag to do my point tasks if I am tired.
4. I am kind of looking forward to the off season, do you have any plans during our off time? Nothing too big, I might go skydiving and see if I make it without destroying my pants.
5. I think Spartan has done a good job at making us lose, should he be able to recieve an award?  Maybe a coffee mug with the word "winner" written on it will be enough.
6. If you could only listen to one band for a month, who would it be?  Metallica, I sometimes listen to Metallica, maybe I could listen to them for a month.

Edited by jRuutu

On 12/3/2023 at 7:50 AM, Steve said:

Presser for the week ending 12/10

1. God the Penguins are dogshit. Just at allowing odd man rushes and on the PP though. Almost everything else is actually pretty ok.

2. Well I can't spill secrets, but there are some great users and familiar faces at the top of the class. We'll definitely get a great player no matter what!

3. My season down in Stockholm wasn't the best to start, but it's definitely improved over the course of the season and now we're trying to lock in a playoff spot. So I'm happy with that progress.

4. Well it's off time for players, but the busiest time of the season for a GM/commish. Will have lots of things going on, coupled with the holidays and my move.

5. An award would be nice. But I'd much rather see the team and players get some hardware in the next couple seasons! Looking like Gunner is on a great path to win at least one award this season, probably two with the all-rookie and RotY nod. Fingers crossed!

6. You know, the easy answer is Bring me the Horizon. But I might say Sleep Token since there's a lot of their older music that I haven't gotten into yet that I can still explore.