Halifax Boys Break Into the VHL [1/2]

The Halifax 21st since joining the VHLM have had a decent amount of success making it to the finals every season thus far. With such great talent, it's no surprise that translates into VHL success as well. Season 66 has seen 4 top Halifax players from last season make their debut into the VHL and so far they are all performing excellent so far.

To start off we have;

Teagan Glover @Bucky___lastard.

Glover is a 23 year old Center, selected 19th overall in the S65 VHL Entry Draft currently playing for the Malmo Nighthawks after being taken from Riga in the expansion draft. He mans their 2nd and 4th Line Center role, as well as appearing on the second powerplay and penalty kill unit. Whatever Glover is doing is working as he has 1G and 6A for 7 points in 7GP. Glover is making sure his team values him as an asset on this young developing roster full of potential. We'll have to wait and see if this level of production continues.

Next up is,

Basaraba Moose @Toasty

Moose is an absolute beast of a defenceman. He stands at 6'3 and weighs in at 203Lbs. Drafted by Riga in S64 at 28th overall he spent a couple seasons in the VHLM developing his game further before making his debut this season. Malmo saw promise in this upcoming D-Man and traded for him in exchange for S67 MAL 3rd, S68 MAL 2nd, and S68 MAL 4th. Moose has played 5 games this season and has recorded 1G and 4A for 5 points. He's not normally known for his offensive side but more of his defensive aspects having 16 hits and 18 blocked shots in only 5 games. Solid two-way play coming from Moose right now, hopefully this trend continues and he can become the face of their Defensive core.

The last person we're covering today is such a great guy as well as a solid hockey player. I have the pleasure to have played with him and call him a friend;

Julius (Jules) Freeman @rjfryman

Jules is a 6'3, 210LB LW playing for Vancouver after being drafted 2nd overall in the S66 VHL Entry Draft. This guy has the talent to be selected 1st but was swindled out of it because of the likes of HHH being such an insane player. Immediately after being drafted Jules has been put on first line alongside Beau Louth and Jake Davis. He's proving his worth by putting up 3G and 3A for 6 points in 8 games played. He's not the most physical player, only recording 1 hit but opponents don't score much while he's on the ice with a +5 rating. I have a good feeling that Freeman will be one of Vancouver's top forwards for a long time coming.

Best of luck to all the Halifax players in their VHL careers. We're some short term success so far in their rookie seasons, we'll have to wait and see if they can keep up their good start and maybe even become VHL Superstars someday.

3 hours ago, Bucky___lastard said:

Thank you for the nod. You left out your hot start though, 7 point and 24 hits through 8 games is nothing to shake your finger at.

Not the type of person to toot my own horn. Much love for you guys though

Ah, the big 4 from S65, that I'll always remember! Freeman @rjfryman, Glover @Bucky___lastard, Moose @Toasty and of course the the greatest ever Halifax captain, Volosenkov! @SirRupertBarnes. Missing having you guys on the team.

Edited by Thranduil

Review - Aw, the crew gets together (in a media spot) one last time. I'm glad to see Basaraba get some recognition, as non-flashy defensemen rarely do. I also think it's important to take note of active-but-not-TPE-monster players as you've done here! Well-written, and avoids the no-no of translating attributes straight to words, which I always appreciate. :)

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Halifax Boys Break Into the VHL [1/2]