street is back (but is he really?)

scoop

Hello everyone, I'm back! Well, for now at least, but I'll go more into what to expect from me a bit later. As some of you may know, I'm a long-time veteran of the league, going all the way back to S11 and never really being away from the league for too long any time since then. My recent hiatus was one of the longest periods of inactivity for me, having last updated my retiring Samuel Gate back in mid-October. At that time, I had been gradually losing interest in the league during Gate's career up to that point, and eventually I just stepped away entirely. So why am I back now? That's the question I'm about to answer, and I will go into what you should expect in terms of activity as well as a bit of a background on my new player, Justin Rushmore.

Why have I returned?

Short answer: I opened up the VHL while drunk last Friday night and posted a status suggesting that I had a new player on the way.

image.png.db7d0c7da95c7466ccc08c8f526166d2.png

@Phil was excited, so there was really no turning back for me at that point. The thing is, this is actually mostly true. I'm coming back in large part simply because I suggested that I might. Although I had popped in from time to time during the past few months, I had not really thought about creating a new player or updating again, not in the VHL anyway. I was also a member of the EFL, where I remained active for a bit longer after I left the VHL, and I checked up on that league more often since my departure. I had thoughts of returning there, but the VHL was not really on my mind. So it's kind of backwards, but the return actually came before the idea to do so.

It wasn't just that one status, though. I made a few other interactions that night, and it did help re-ignite my interest in the league. If I didn't actually want to come back, I wouldn't do so just because of a part I made while drunk.

What to expect?

You shouldn't expect a whole lot, because at this point in time, I really don't. This is a spur of the moment decision for the most part, so I could definitely see this not amounting to much, even if I have a strong first couple months or so. I'm certainly not looking to take on responsibility here, and I'm likely not going to be near the top of my draft class in TPE, but I expect I can make a decent player.

Who is Justin Rushmore?

My new player is Justin Rushmore, a left winger who I intend to build as a power forward. I've never focused too heavily on checking with any of my previous forwards, so this will be a bit of a different experience for me. That should possibly help to keep me interested. Furthermore, this type of player will likely be more satisfying than the defensive defenseman that was Samuel Gate.

My player names always have some meaning behind them, linked to my interests. Justin Rushmore is no different. I came up with the idea for the name as a possible new player for the EFL, with the idea of creating a run-blocking tight end (making Rushmore a fitting surname). I've decided to use it here instead. As for the reasons behind the names...

Justin = Justin Pierre (lead singer of m favorite band, the now-defunct Motion City Soundtrack); Justin Morneau (favorite baseball player during his time with the Minnesota Twins)

Rushmore = Rushmore (my favorite movie); Rush (Mega Man's robot dog companion); Yukon Rush (I founded this team!)

• Commissioner
24 minutes ago, street said:

I'm likely not going to be near the top of my draft class in TPE

I feel like you said this last time and then fought me tooth and nail for it our entire run up to the draft.