2014 NHL Playoff Thread

GOD DAMN I miss Raffi so much. I know there are people that hate him because he goes over the edge from time to time but he keeps people honest and he can totally change the momentum of the game. With a hit or a goal, sometimes both (like tonight). 

He say's he has to play the north-south game instead of east-west to minimize his chances of an unintentional dirty hit. I thought CBC panel did a good job explaining why he got those dirty hits, because of the east-west, his speed and his strength it's hard to stop at the last season if someone turns their head.

Hopefully he can keep it clean and I think Brown-Desjardins-Torres is the best 4th line right now.

Agreed Kendrick. On both sides. But after battling back into the game the Bolts deserved better than to lose on that weak ass penalty.

Exactly. I felt they were just up a creek without a paddle the whole time. The head ref looked lost. That penalty was garbage, especially when they let Bournival get away with mugging the guy 2 seconds before that.

Agreed Kendrick. On both sides. But after battling back into the game the Bolts deserved better than to lose on that weak ass penalty.

Did you watch the ENTIRE game? This was brutal. In the 3rd period alone, Habs should've had 3 or 4 PPs.

849589632.gif?1398217290

And the third little pig went wee wee wee all the way home? 

Totally agree Kendrick. The refs made it clear in that third that they were going to let the boys play. Ergo only a straight up obvious call (too many men on the ice, over the glass, or some ridiculous board/knee on knee/head shot) should of been called. A light slash to the leg and a player falling down after all that mugging and battling in that close of a game was stupid. Not saying the refs were being biased, because they simply weren't calling anything light for either team. They should of kept it that way for the rest. The Bolts played better than the Habs for nearly half of that game, and dominated in the third period. They deserved a chance to let them actually play it out instead of a random cheap penalty. 

Did you watch the ENTIRE game? This was brutal. In the 3rd period alone, Habs should've had 3 or 4 PPs.

Yes. I did. The Bolts were getting just as mugged. Don't react to a call just because the hometown fans called for one. The refs made it clear in the second they were letting them battle. If they are going to do that they have to remain consistent with it. During that game there was nothing I saw in the concept of letting them battle that was any worse than anything else on either team. Each team would of had 8 penalties to kill in the regular season based on the second and third period alone.