2014 NHL Playoff Thread

Yeah but, Habbies are sure to get banged up against the B's. I'm all for the matchup, 'cuz we do well against them, but if we do get through them, they won't make it easy. Over a week of rest is a great thing though. has there been any word on Galchenyuk's return? and by that same token, does he even crack the lineup given how well our forward group has played in the four games?

I think Chucky will be back round 2. I hope so, but I'm not overly worried, no use messing with a lineup that is 4-0 so far.

Higgins keep in mind I wasn't implying lying down once you get a lead. I think there is a big difference between a 1-3 goal lead and a 4-5 goal lead as well. Especially given the state of the game. San Jose having a huge lead late in the game sending out top PP guys to me isn't something to do. Not because I disagree with it, because that is the stuff that the LA team and coaching staff is playing to fire them up. 

But keep in mind I personally don't believe that when LA plays like they are capable of playing in the playoffs that San Jose can't beat them in a series. I'll gladly be proven wrong though. Tonight is a big step towards that. If San Jose can win this game it's a huge series lead and even more than that it's a game in which I felt LA played like it can play and San Jose survived. But to me that is what this game looks like. Survival. That is how LA turned playoff games into when they won the Cup and to me with the quality of goaltending they have and he has proven it tonight with some amazing saves that is the game they thrive in. Has nothing to do with personal taste though. I'd rather see San Jose win and new faces get deeper. It's a heck of a hockey game though that is for sure. 

I know and Don Cherry made a big deal out of it.

Sharks/Kings is always close and those last 2 games are outliers for sure. Usually comes down to home ice advantage ie. 2013 and 2011 playoffs.

*laughs* 

LA will be kicking themselves for not showing up for Game 1 and 2 now. All it takes is one lucky bounce, even if LA was playing their game. Not to pretend Sharks didn't play good here, but in OT it was ALL LA all the time. Sharks looked completely outmatched for almost all of OT and then one random bouncer floats to a player and then floats in. But that is how she goes. Don't see LA coming back from a 3-0 deficit but we'll see. Their goal now is to end this as quick as possible and get prepared imo. 

no offense but the OT with LA vs San Jose was the worst hockey i've seen all season. good for SJ, but i bet they go down next round.

Still need to win another game to get to next round tho. Yes the OT was horrible and nerve racking.

aGzcBPZ.gif

Dear Diary,

Today I got to hold Logan for a little bit. It was nice, and the refs didn't even stop me. I hope it happens again soon.

XXOO,

Johnny Q

I fucking love Reddit game threads. ^_^

Idk it was a pretty good game. Both teams had dominant periods throughout. It could have gone either way like usual.

That 4 minutes in OT was the worst of Sharks this playoffs but isn't representative of the other 182 minutes lol

True but to me you could just see it on the faces of the players. The LA players were ready to crush after every puck drop in overtime. The SJ players were breathing heavy, bruised. Even if I feel that the Sharks came out hitting and strong like LA, it doesn't change the fact that the game that was played was the LA style. Long close tight checking games are what they thrive at. SJ certain played a good enough game to win. But it was simply the bad bounce against the Kings that changed that OT period because they were rolling all over for the rest of it. 

Bruins/Habs would be an awesome series, but fuck the Bruins and everything about them. I want the Wings to win. Other than that: LOL LA. That's all I've got to say, I'm just sad there's no more hockey to watch today. :(

I hate the habs and dislike the bruins but it would be totally worth watching.

Same if Pittsburgh and Philadelphia both win and face each other. Would be 2 epic series in the east if that happened.

no offense but the OT with LA vs San Jose was the worst hockey i've seen all season. good for SJ, but i bet they go down next round.

lmao not a chance dude. San Jose is a really, really good team. Best team in the West I've seen this year.

lmao not a chance dude. San Jose is a really, really good team. Best team in the West I've seen this year.

Good team doesn't excuse the fact they had one of the worst OT's last night. Yeah they won but they have weaknesses that can be exploited.

I love how every butthurt fans is saying that we're going to get fucked by the Bruins.

Tuukka Rask's stats vs Montreal (Career)

3-10-3, 2.63, .908

Rask has like 1 good game/year agaisnt Montreal.

They are tougher than us, yeah so? 

TAMPA: 132 HITS

MONTREAL: 84 HITS

We are a hundred times faster than them. Our 4 lines can score goals and our defense is solid as fuck.

And for the "You paid the refs!" "The refs are your extra attacker" comments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a46dTonXnSw (Screwed us of a possible win in OT)

(Screwed the whole series)

People doesn't seem the remember all of this. If I could have the highlights of every Habs/Bruins games, Habs/Laffs games, Habs/Sens games (since our series).. You would see that we're always getting screwed over.

*I'm sorry.. I had to get this out of my chest.

Edited by FueledByRamen

I'm calling bullshit, because you just painted the refs as hating the Habs. You are avoiding what we are saying by arguing that regular season games you got screwed over in mean more? If you are denying the Lightning got screwed in Game # and Game #4, I'm done haha.

Also, I'd like to point out that the Boston defines is better than Montreal while we are comparing teams. Also all their 4 lines can score too haha

Good team doesn't excuse the fact they had one of the worst OT's last night. Yeah they won but they have weaknesses that can be exploited.

every team in the history of hockey has weaknesses.

every team in the history of hockey has weaknesses.

I don't think you know how to have an argument. Our point was that they showed signs they can be beaten, so saying they are the best in the set this year is a bold statement considering Anahiem has had equal success outside of their one slip up.