The Day Fang got Dropped …

BladeMaiden

The Day Fang got Dropped …

Once upon a time in Calgary on a particularly blustery day Brick Wahl decided to go to the Wrangler arena to prepare for the new season. On his way out to his SUV he noticed his paper was sticking out of his mailbox. Not wanting it to get soggy from the snow he picked it up and on the front page in bold letters it read “Flashback Dropped from The Wranglers!”

Brick tossed the paper on his passenger seat and sped off down the street in the opposite direction of the Calgary stadium. At a stop light brick connected his phone to his car Bluetooth and commanded it to call Fang. The phone rang a few times before Fang picked up..

Fang: What the hell is wrong with you it is 7am and we don’t have practice!

Brick: Go look at your damn paper. I am coming by you house, put some god damn pants on It is to early for me to deal with full frontal Fang.

Fang: Screw you Wahl, I’m sleeping.

Brick: Just go look at your paper!

Fang: Why?

Brick: Because it says you got dropped from the Wranglers you D-bag!

Fang: What the hell!

Fang leaped out of bed and pulled on some clothes and ran to go see the paper.

Brick: Just Put your boots and coat on, we are going to See Tyler.

Brick ended the call in about 5 minutes he pulled into the driveway and rolled down his window. Fang cam bolting out of his large house, remembering to lock the door even though he was in a rush to see Brick.

Brick: Get in.

He gestured to his passenger seat.

Brick: Call Bash and let him know we are coming. There must be some mistake especially since you seem more shocked than I am.

Fang: What are you even doing up this early on an off day?

Brick: I am a starting goalie; I don’t get off days... But finding out that my best bud on the team got dropped, you know that was devastating. Which is why we are going to Bash, at least he can let us know why he dropped you.

Brick: Call Bash

With that command his phone dialed the Wranglers GM and played it over the sound system. The phone went to voice mail…how typical of Tyler to let his answering machine take a message. Brick left a passive aggressive message about how he could expect both him and fan for breakfast in 10 min or so.

Brick pulled into the driveway of the man he use to co-GM Calgary with. Half dragging Fang out of the SUV he marched up to the main door paper in hand. He knocked firmly on the door, when Tyler opened it Brick didn’t even wait for a hello. He shoved the paper in Bash’s face.

Brick: You know anything about this?

Tyler: How many times do I have to tell you that you are not a GM anymore?

Brick: Do you, or Do you not know about this?

He points at the headline

Tyler: What the hell is that?

Fang: I don’t know you tell me…

Tyler: Well I didn’t release you.

Brick: That is not what this press release says...

Fang: Does this mean I can sign with other teams?

Both Brick and Tyler snap their heads in shock at that comment.

Tyler: Hell no, I own your ass for 2 more seasons kid!

Brick: you want to leave me?

Fang laughed seeing the two older Wrangler’s reaction. He was going to store this away to tease them later.

Fang: well now that we have this kind of sorted out I want to go back to bed.

Brick: I am guessing Tyler will sort this out with the commies, how about I buy you breakfast and then you can come train with me?

Fang: How about we skip the training and go take a nap after breakfast?

Brick: This is why you aren’t the starter…

Fang: Ya but you love me

He smiled at Brick in a cheeky fashion

Brick: I hate you…

Fang no you don’t you looooooove me.

Fan continued to laugh and tease Brick about how much he cared about him on their way to eat breakfast. In the end Brick got the last laugh as he got

Fang to show up for practice and  ran circles around the rookie goaltender.

Brick: You should really get in shape kid or Bash will drop you.

Fang: Just shut it and be happy I show up at all..

Brick: Ya I know you looooooove me.

Brick smirked after his last comment. He though about how much had happened and it wasn’t even noon yet. Who ever said being a wrangler was dull?

@Bushito @uphillmoss

aka the day the portal sacred the shit out of me and Bush lol

Edited by BladeMaiden

I've gotta commend you for making the writing feel exactly like the actual event was. When I found out that he wasn't actually cut I thought "oh well that was all for nothing." When I finished reading this I had the same feeling.

7 hours ago, zepheter said:

I've gotta commend you for making the writing feel exactly like the actual event was. When I found out that he wasn't actually cut I thought "oh well that was all for nothing." When I finished reading this I had the same feeling.

In some degree this did happen, it is based on a wrong portal notification that was posted. I of course decided to ask some questions about it and make sure Fang still was a Wrangler. You know me, i don't like to see people go :D