S69 VHL Player Survey

ShawnGlade

I'm asking you please only submit ONE response to this, as I would like to collect accurate data, and people being annoying skews the results

The submissions are ANONYMOUS so please answer honestly. I won't be sharing this data with anyone in particular, but I'll be doing a write up on the results in 2 weeks!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc8-WXk9VHddlDLeccvdXt5HWk_WORwijuDEMg9SaT-YxAypA/viewform

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Even though I know it won't happen--Davos NEEDS to be relocated. 

Who cares about some town with 11,000 people in it? Answer: nobody. The league is supposed to represent world cities, not little obscure places that guys with man buns talk about on Instagram. You want a good place in Switzerland, move it to Zurich or something. I had to look up Davos to figure out that it was in Switzerland in the first place. Hell, even NUUK has a higher population than Davos, and it's the most well-known place in its country. And still, most people have never heard of it. Goes to show how insignificant Davos is.

Anyway, this is an article I really look forward to seeing! Lots of stuff that should generate discussion, and the thread may even be a ticking time bomb waiting to blow up...I'll start making the popcorn now.

Just now, flyersfan1453 said:

You're going to get some different answers - for example, I'm answering these questions as "historically, which team do/don't you want to play for" not necessarily based on current GMs or situations.

To add to this, I feel like "which team do you want to play for" and "who is the best GM" will just end up being a contest to see which team gets the most people in here. Not necessarily something I like, but whatever.

23 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Even though I know it won't happen--Davos NEEDS to be relocated. 

Who cares about some town with 11,000 people in it? Answer: nobody. The league is supposed to represent world cities, not little obscure places that guys with man buns talk about on Instagram. You want a good place in Switzerland, move it to Zurich or something. I had to look up Davos to figure out that it was in Switzerland in the first place. Hell, even NUUK has a higher population than Davos, and it's the most well-known place in its country. And still, most people have never heard of it. Goes to show how insignificant Davos is.

Anyway, this is an article I really look forward to seeing! Lots of stuff that should generate discussion, and the thread may even be a ticking time bomb waiting to blow up...I'll start making the popcorn now.

I have to respectfully disagree here; I always felt having teams in niche cities was part of the fun of playing for them in an online sim league, because you would never see a professional team at a high level in said cities. I know most people probably don't feel this way, especially now considering that Davos is really the only true "small" city team left; it is funny how times change though, when I joined the league Davos was always in contention, and to be honest, this is the first time I can recall hearing anybody say that it should be re-located.

I have been gone for about 2 years though, so I guess a lot has changed since then.

Edited by Corco

8 minutes ago, Corco said:

I always felt having teams in niche cities was part of the fun of playing for them in an online sim league

Then help me get the Nuuk Nukes into the VHLM, please.

I love the idea of weird locations for VHLM, but I feel like the VHL teams should be more recognizable.

• Admin
On 11/22/2019 at 9:10 PM, Corco said:

I have to respectfully disagree here; I always felt having teams in niche cities was part of the fun of playing for them in an online sim league, because you would never see a professional team at a high level in said cities. I know most people probably don't feel this way, especially now considering that Davos is really the only true "small" city team left; it is funny how times change though, when I joined the league Davos was always in contention, and to be honest, this is the first time I can recall hearing anybody say that it should be re-located.

I have been gone for about 2 years though, so I guess a lot has changed since then.

If Davos keeps going down its current path then I'm increasingly open to it. The USP of being THE winning franchise is a long distant memory now.

• 1 month later...