Campbell's Corner #4

Banackock

GFg34Sz.png?width=930%26height=372&key=6

Edition #4: Halfway Mark

Last written: December 2nd, 2019

Man, wanna know something crazy? It's the halfway mark of the season already. Doesn't it feel like it just started? It feels like Seattle (Da Bearz) just won the cup, we were gearing down for the off-season or hell, maybe even just finishing the draft. Now, you blink and it's halfway through the VHL's 69th season. Blows my mind. Wanna know something even crazier? It's December of 2019. Time flies, hey? Where did the Summer go? Where has the time gone? Damn, she's flying. Halfway through the season and different from the other weeks, we're starting to see a little bit of standstill. The standings aren't shifting as heavily anymore and we're starting to get a good idea of who means business, who is out of business and who are doing their best to compete with the massive corporations that are ready to suck clean your souls and wallets. Special shout out to those teams that are finding ways to crawl and live. You can do it! Now, this week we're back at you with some quality shit that's surely going to leave you wanting more and more, week after week. We got some new beautiful graphics thanks to there ever so wonderful... and cute.. Motzaburger. He's good at stuff. We're also going to blab some VHLM all thanks to ZEKEY BOY! The VHLM always needs some hugs and kisses toooooo. Let's go!

Qbkb7t8.png

First point. The VHL. As we continue on from last week, the bottom teams are starting to form and the rest is still currently on the move. Prague, Davos, New York, Calgary and DC are the teams that make up the bottom and when you hear them out loud like that, you knew you would have guessed it to be those teams. Heading into this season, we kind of expected it. DC and Prague are doing what they can to literally turning something that was once nothing into something, New York is an up and coming team with some good potential and whatnot, Calgary I do believe mentioned tanking only 23.5 times and DC is a dumpster fire right now. It is what it is. The middle has seen much more movement. Seattle and Malmo have been rather stale the last while, but Riga has seen a really nice jump up. Moscow took a little dive too but for me, if you really think about it, anyone Seattle up has some good chances. Helsinki still blows my mind - Toronto a small bit too but we have lots of pucks left to play to figure out all the stuff. Something tells me as we enter into the back 9 that we're going to see much more movement at all ends. I think the bottom teams will remain bottom but we'll see some competition between them to rank lower. The top, who honestly knows, but I'm thinking Vancouver won't fall, Toronto should and the potential for Seattle to rise is there.

Heading into this week's second topic, given by yours truly, I'm going to take a quick look at each position and who currently sits #1 on the season at that position. This season holds quite a few really strong players and maybe even a few good surprises. Down the middle in Centre,  HHH stands there leading the way in my opinion. A few others, like Jet Jaguar, could be giving him a run for his money soon. On the wing, hands down Randoms. He's been having a great season and is probably shouting out "Finally!" every time he wakes up. For D it's Smitty. Hands down. Put those hands down! The next closest is Starload which is really good for Dil because his player as a forward had much expectations, zero anything else. As a D-man, right there in the thick of things. However, you can't take away from what Smitty has done so far this season and he's currently on a different level than the person who would be coming in at #2. Lastly, we head over to our "goalers". I wonder if other people see that and think we're some weird UK, field hockey team and that's what we call them because British and the Aussie mates always have amusing slang. Anyway. Goalers. Lots of competition. So close. RayRay having a good year, Eagles and Rift playing great. Rift a huge reason Toronto is good because once again, I don't see how. The teams not impressive like many others are. For goalers though, right now, I’ll give it to cricket boy with Funk in 2nd place. Funk impresses me with a high sv% on a competitive team and yet making all those damn saves. In my opinion, might even be good enough for 1st place. Without him, Seattle is literally fucked. Cricket though is a little bit of the same mess with fewer shots. Still GAA way beyond the other guys, top-notch SV%, SO and yeah. *cricket noises*

Now, for the grand finale. Zeke had been requesting aggressively for the last few weeks so we finally decided to give in to his demands and give the man want her wants. Before we go diving into our thoughts on the regular season and analyzing the VHLM each week briefly, it's likely best we get the M over with in general. Right now for me, the VHLM is running pretty good. There were a few things I wasn't 100% with over the course of this season but all those kinks were quickly handled. As always, the off-season was quick and mostly painless for the green team once again. Typically everything is done ahead of time, formatted and whatever so that I can just bust out of the gates and get the dreaded off-season over with. Recruitment hit the league again and filled up the goalie positions. Friendly reminder that the VHLM isn't going to be expanding, isn't thinking of expanding and likely will not be doing so in the immediate to near future. For the teams in the league, for the most part, I'm pretty happy. There's the odd logo I don't care for and maybe the location but overall, not bad and good mix. It's likely safe to say that while the concept is amazing and so is the logo, Mexico doesn't mesh well with the rest of where we can find each of them on the map. So we'll see there. Wink. Just kidding. Or am I? So let's say for hypothetical and science reasonings, we want you to pick a city outside of Mexico, within the USA or Canada. Where would it be? What would you name the franchise? ETC. AND GO!

What can you expect to see soon? 

giphy.gif

Put your seatbelt on, kiddos. It's going to be a ride. 

1. Ice Chips - It's not dead and we did not forget it. Right now, I want it to be ready once we release it and not an ongoing thing that isn't set in stone. Due to it not being set in stone, the project is mostly going to stay hidden or were not going to be releasing anything here. What I can tell you is the idea is brewing, I've evolved it quite a bit since the start of things and we're really going to be looking at shining the light and focus on the enforcer and hopefully promoting that build a little more in the VHL and VHLM. Currently, we got a point system rolling, an idea on the direction we're going to go and some magical, ass-kicking statistics coming your way. It's shitty it's not on now - I'm excited to start the battle of all hell breaking loose, but the hype inside my heart is crazy for this one. TBD - see you soon, son. If I'd have to guess, maybe Edition 6-7. We're rewinding in time. 

2. Under the Scope: VHLM - Wah, said Zeke from a distance. I could hear the little baby crying from here. "When the fuck are we getting VHLM stuff written, VSN???" another little lad heard the baby cry. Now, starting to worry, the VSN got ahold of the little cry baby and listened to what he had to say. VSN listened and responded and now each week are going to be saving the best (debatable) for last. Each week, the 3rd point will be consisting of some quality VHLM discussion, potential shit-talking and asshole name-dropping. Stay tuned, stay hyped and I forever love you, VHLM. Fancy yo what up to the (mention VHLM GM's)

Executive President of the VSN 

Bana

Edited by Banackock