S70 Draft Profiles - Part 5: New & Improved!

Patrik Tallinder

1949080846_image0(4).thumb.jpeg.c22156db2858ac5aebc1a5f0a28319ae.jpeg

Welcome to my midseason draft profiles! I've been trying to keep improving this series, and thanks to some advice by Zepheter, I've made some new changes to it. Hopefully it makes it more interesting for everyone to read. With that said, here are my rankings for the week:

1. Edwin THE Encarnacion -

2. Mikko Lahtinen -

3. Shawn Glade Jr New

4. Odin Omdahl 1

5. Jacques Lafontaine 1

6. Lewis Dawson -

7. Damien Wolfe 2

8. Iangenere Risteneen 1

9. Gabriel Gutzwiler 1

10. Chad Magnum New

Chad Magnum makes his first appearance into the top 10, and Shawn Glade Jr is finally put on the rankings after I wrongfully assumed he wouldn't go through the draft as a GM player.

Stats

Name

Goals

Name 

Assists

Name

Mikko Lahtinen

Edwin THE Encarnacion

Edwin THE Encarnacion

Odin Omdahl

Shawn Glade Jr

Mikko Lahtinen

Edwin THE Encarnacion

Odin Omdahl

Odin Omdahl

Shawn Glade Jr

Mikko Lahtinen

Shawn Glade Jr

Jimothy Frost

Teddy Smith

Jimothy Frost

Gabriel Gutzwiler

Pierre Lacombe

Gabriel Gutzwiler

Leon Gutzwiler

Jimothy Frost

Leon Gutzwiler

Iangenere Risteneen

Gabriel Gutzwiler

Iangenere Risteneen

Felix Arvid

John DuBolk

Teddy Smith

Declan Polaris

Iangenere Risteneen

Pierre Lacombe

Name

Save %

Jacques Lafontaine

Jacob buchholz

Aleksandr Aleksandrov

Lando Lakes

Markour

News

This week was a pretty quiet week for S70 Draft eligibles, but here is some quick info:

21 players were created this week, with 14 coming from YouTube.

- 9 left wingers were created this week.

imJo recruited 1 player.

Chad Magnum earned the most TPE this week, with 25.

Profiles

Mex_TeamBar_DuH83yf.png

Lewis Dawson - C - 120 TPE

Dawson seemingly appeared out of thin air a few weeks ago, skyrocketing up my rankings and earning TPE at a very impressive rate. He has not slowed down yet, earning 17 TPE this week. The Greenland native is an offensive machine, with elite skating, shooting and passing abilities. He is strong in the faceoff dot, but the rest of his defensive game is a work in progress. Sometimes Dawson can lose track of his man in the defensive zone, which can lead to chances for the other team. Despite this, his offensive upside more than makes up for it, and I could see him becoming a really strong scoring center in the future.

OTT_bar.png

Aleksandr Aleksandrov - G - 82 TPE

Aleksandrov has proven to be a reliable goalie with exceptional quickness and poise. The 17 year old sits third amongst all S70 goalies in save percentage because of his ability to react extremely fast to anything coming his way, and do so in a calm fashion that leaves weak goals and rebounds as a rarity. He is fairly consistent in earning TPE, usually earning around 4 to 8 per week. This has also been over the time period of close to two months, so it is clear to me that Aleksandr will keep his consistency moving forward, whereas someone else could earn a lot of TPE in a week or two, but could disappear the week after.

OTT_bar.png

Owen Kaitanaq - LW - 76 TPE

Owen Kaitanaq has seen a great start to his VHLM career, with 18 points in just 26 games. Currently my 15th ranked prospect, he is a hard working two-way winger with incredible goal scoring prowess. While Owen could round out his offensive game a bit more with some improved puck skills and passing ability, the tools are there for a very effective scoring winger in the VHL. He is still fairly new, so with consistency, expect to see him climb up the rankings. So far, his numbers look great, so it will be interesting to see how they go up as his TPE rises as well. The upside here is definitely intriguing.

Thank you all for reading, and make sure to come back next week!

1 hour ago, Patrik Tallinder said:

Shawn Glade Jr New

I'm new now?

1 hour ago, Patrik Tallinder said:

Shawn Glade Jr is finally put on the rankings after I wrongfully assumed he wouldn't go through the draft as a GM player.

o

I think it's safe to say that Re-Encarnacion, Lahtinen, Glade Jr, and Omdahl are the de facto top 4 players going in the draft, with Lafontaine close behind

The TPE and stats for those 4 are too hard to ignore

4 minutes ago, ShawnGlade said:

I think it's safe to say that Re-Encarnacion, Lahtinen, Glade Jr, and Omdahl are the de facto top 4 players going in the draft, with Lafontaine close behind.

Yeah and then there is another 4 way battle for the 6-10 drafts spots between Iangenere R, Lewis Dawson, Chad Magnum and Jimothy Frost.

Edited by Maasa

16 minutes ago, ShawnGlade said:

I'm new now?

Yeah man that’s my bad, there was 2 players last draft that didn’t go through the draft since they were GM players (i think it was Louth and Washington?) so I thought Glade Jr would be the same. I’m happy I was told otherwise or I would’ve looked like an idiot if you weren’t even in my top 10 when the actual draft came around.

• Commissioner
30 minutes ago, Patrik Tallinder said:

Yeah man that’s my bad, there was 2 players last draft that didn’t go through the draft since they were GM players (i think it was Louth and Washington?) so I thought Glade Jr would be the same. I’m happy I was told otherwise or I would’ve looked like an idiot if you weren’t even in my top 10 when the actual draft came around.

Yeah, Louth and Washington were made before we made the announcement removing GM players as a thing so they were grandfathered into the old system. @diamond_ace’s player received the same treatment. Glade Jr. is the first of the batch of players created by GM’s to not fall under the GM player rule and thus he enters the draft.

Mind you @ShawnGlade can declare prior to the draft and pay a first round pick to receive his player straight away still.

33 minutes ago, Patrik Tallinder said:

2 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Yeah, Louth and Washington were made before we made the announcement removing GM players as a thing so they were grandfathered into the old system. @diamond_ace’s player received the same treatment. Glade Jr. is the first of the batch of players created by GM’s to not fall under the GM player rule and thus he enters the draft.

Mind you @ShawnGlade can declare prior to the draft and pay a first round pick to receive his player straight away still.

Don't forget Havlova from S69 as well. That trio is the last of the GM players.

• Commissioner
6 minutes ago, Enorama said:

Don't forget Havlova from S69 as well. That trio is the last of the GM players.

That would be D_A’s player which I mentioned but couldn’t remember his name.

4 hours ago, Beketov said:

Which I am not gonna do