Campbell's Corner #5

Banackock

GFg34Sz.png?width=930%26height=372&key=6

Edition #5: The end is near + I'm sorry 

Struggle. Everybody aboard the struggle bus! Let's go! Let's move it! Hustle up now, she's leaving. Gone. Man, this week has been crazy for me and the weekend was even busier. I worked the day, got called out at night at 0200-0500 for an issue and then worked the next day (I do 10-day stretches). Obviously little sleep. The moment my head hit the pillow the damn phone rang and I was out the door, into a cold truck and driving back to work to do it all again, lol. Let's just say I'm tired and I'm heavily procrastinating writing this so we're about to be bringing you some quality shit this week. Remember, reverting back to edition 1, I said this bad boy is going to be all sorts of things and shit is definitely one of them. Even Lebron didn't hit a touchdown every game. Can't expect me to either. The opposite could be said about Vancouver - who despite a rocky little spot there for a bit, have found a way to keep the high scoring and the crown to the league in the magical 1st place in the palm of their hands. Davos is shit and currently in the last place, but you already knew that. The league is bumping and time is slowly dwindling down. Trade Deadline is soon to be upon us. Is crazy shit gonna happen? Moscow and Seattle made some noise this week. Shits getting heated. HERE WE GO.

Qbkb7t8.png

Somebody call 9-1-1. The VHL knocked over a candle in their sleep (who the fuck didn't blow it out? Serious pet peeve right there, right?) and this bitch is super hot (enjoyable VR game). Speaking about Super Hot, how about the Quebec Meute Vancouver Meute Wolves? Pretty damn good hey? Makes a guy a bit sad. For some reason, this is just one team I can't really get behind. Not entirely too sure why but at the same time, I do know why. But I don't. It's weird but fuck them. If they win this season, winter is coming. Man, I miss GoT (R.I.P). A lot of the players who were mediocre for them are definitely playing a lot better this season. Motza has a career high in points and is only 51 games through the season (his prior total of 37 isn't too impressively beaten lmao). HHH also went from good to great. Lots of things are going right for Vancouver. Seattle being in second somewhat surprises me. I expected them to be high but once the season got underway and we went to shit, I wasn't too sure what to think. Bringing in Steve was a huge piece for us and while some may knock the contract, that contract seems to be working just fine for us this season, hey? Steve been bringing some made candle tipping shit to the Bears so far. Helsinki is slowly dropping - though not as fast as I thought they would have. Is it time for them to sell of before it's too late? Question is, who is buying? Even in the off-season with other, likely stronger, assets available on market. Toronto is starting to drop. That warms my heart. New York starts to climb. Good to see for K.Low and bird but don't care a whole lot. Bottom 3 are somewhat expected. There isn't a great amount of time left in the VHL regular season. Honestly, I think it could be a fucking battle to the end and it could easily be an ultimate, battle to the death. Vancouver isn't going to fuck off and I really hope Seattle keeps fighting for that tough spot. I also have a feeling that Moscow is going to come flying up like a mother fucker. Time will tell, but this season has been a lot of fun and noticeably there's been a tad bit more rivalry feeling going around the VHL. It's healthy, positive, all for fun and mostly - awesome to see. Woohoo, VHL!

Onto #2. I've been pretty zoned into Smitty, Gritty, Moscow and everything went on with them and it seems the stories keeping on going. Not really for Moscow - as they're still somehow middle of the pack and trying to find a way to light a fire (which I'm sure they will eventually now that they finally figured out how to successfully make a trade for a goalie), but this week were reverting back to good old Smitty boy again. MVP! MVP! I'm calling it right now and in case you missed it, this topic numero 2 is who I think is going to win the MVP award. Randoms is having a good season and is slightly above Smitty for points but look at how Smitty is rolling right now.. as a DMAN! The only thing I don't care about his play is how many penalties he has taken. I wish that number was quite a bit lower and imagine if they were? He has 66 points through 51 games, with 16 goals and 50 assists. He's racked up the penalties, laid down the hits and done basically everything else really well. We're just waiting for the guy to drop the mitts. We challenge Smitty to a 1V1 against Seattle's Hulk Hogan. Will you accept this challenge? Any way, hands down Smitty wins the MVP right now and if he doesn't, Trump had something to do with it. #ImpeachBeavis2k19

Like I said, I'm pretty lazy. I think this weeks VHLM topic is an easy one. What the fuck. Right? Saskatoon? Can someone explain to me how this is happening? This is defying the law of gravity or some shit right? I'm the commissioner of this shit and somehow I feel like I have to do something or maybe fix something but what could that be? We have this monster that we created and we're unsure what to do with ourselves. Even if it was Peace, we created him. End of story. Their GF totals, GA totals, and absolutely everything about them blows my mind. I'm telling you this right now - unless the season goes to complete shit, I don't know how Peace isn't going to win GM of the Year. 47-1-0. Like I can't even comprehend that shit. It's history. It's epic. It's a job well done by the management, the commissioners (We have to take credit. Give us credit) and the rest of the Saskatoon team. Behind them is Mississauga who share a great record as well. Quick look at the standings, I feel 4 teams are have great/good seasons, 3 teams are meh and the other 4 are shit. Am I right? I'm not super pumped to see how every team ends up and how playoffs are going to go. I mean, playoffs there could be an upset but Saskatoon wins the regular season. What's going to be fun is to see what they can get accomplished. I'm telling you right now, if the eyes are on the VHLM, they're solely on Saskatoon. Good luck to them and the VHLM the rest of the way (Mostly to them. BREAK THE SYSTEM!)

Executive President of the VSN 

Bana

Edited by Banackock

• Commissioner

I mean Peace did a good job stockpiling picks which gave him a huge advantage this season. When the draft pool is so shallow and you have so many top end picks its easy to get going right off the bat. He succeeded in putting them into a good spot and staying there, but you have to admit a bit of luck with the shallow draft class. 

39 minutes ago, Acydburn said:

I mean Peace did a good job stockpiling picks which gave him a huge advantage this season. When the draft pool is so shallow and you have so many top end picks its easy to get going right off the bat. He succeeded in putting them into a good spot and staying there, but you have to admit a bit of luck with the shallow draft class. 

It scales in either direction, though. Saskatoon had strong second round picks as well, and arguably a good third round pick too, so if the draft class hadn't become more shallow due to the SBA drama incident then those second and third round picks would have been stronger as well. Other teams would have been stronger, for sure, but Saskatoon's roster would still have been the strongest roster at the start of the season - assuming of course the trades that did happen between all clubs were still included if the draft was stronger.

What was lucky (more so than not) was this draft coinciding with the new 250 TPA cap over the old 200 one. haha

• Commissioner
46 minutes ago, Peace said:

It scales in either direction, though. Saskatoon had strong second round picks as well, and arguably a good third round pick too, so if the draft class hadn't become more shallow due to the SBA drama incident then those second and third round picks would have been stronger as well. Other teams would have been stronger, for sure, but Saskatoon's roster would still have been the strongest roster at the start of the season - assuming of course the trades that did happen between all clubs were still included if the draft was stronger.

What was lucky (more so than not) was this draft coinciding with the new 250 TPA cap over the old 200 one. haha

Absolutely, I'm not taking anything away from your capability of being a good GM. There were a lot of factors and they all worked in Saskatoon's favor. 

8 hours ago, Acydburn said:

Hmm, yes. Luck or not though, 52-1-0.... That's intense. Like it's unbelievable.