What would happen....

Baozi

If someone created a player, and collected TPE as normal but never signed a VHL contract.

Would they be allowed to stay in the VHLM indefinitely?

There is a CBA thing where the league steps in someone did it when they came into the league like 8 or so seasons ago to be the first one though he signed anyway just wanted to say he did it.  Zimmers maybe?

• Head Moderator

Yeah if you go over 175 anyways you wouldn't be eligible

Well u would go on VHL waivers. But without a contract you can't be picked up a vhl team so you could still just stay in the Vhlm. Or did we change it where u can't play at all?

• Head Moderator

A player is only eligible to be signed by a minor league team if, he is under 250 TPE and, is not under contract with a VHL team. They must still clear VHL waivers before they can be sent down to the VHLM.

But Vhlm rights are held for 4 years meaning you don't need a Ufa signing up till year 5. So if someone held out until year 5 they could get past this rule.

• Admin

Except during your VHL rookie years (3 after draft) you basically have no right to not have a contract so at best you're looking at one season of actually being waiver-exempt and still under VHLM draft rights.

• Head Moderator

Except during your VHL rookie years (3 after draft) you basically have no right to not have a contract so at best you're looking at one season of actually being waiver-exempt and still under VHLM draft rights.

Oh that I didn't know. I thought u could reject rookie contracts and choose to not sign?

From what I gathered from S1, if you don't sign your rookie contract you hold out for one year and don't play. You can play in the second season in your career though.

Based on the last ruling I recall, by David, the commishes just force you (the rookie) into a contract of some length.

In this case though wouldn't it make sense to penalize the player by forcing him to sit out a year, thats the way it was always done. I've never seen David do the way you described.