VHLM MVP Race: Who I think will win

zepheter

Favorites

[D] Shawn Glade Jr. (S70)

Ottawa Lynx

38 G | 91 A | 129 P | +22

My top pick to win the MVP award. You can drool all you want over DeYeeto's stats, but when you look at the team he was playing with versus Glade Jr., it's not even close. Shawn Glade Jr. was one of the best defensive defensemen in the league while essentially leading his team in offense. He could potentially have a back injury from carrying the team, but the Lynx won't fess up. It's absurd when you compare his point total to the next highest defenseman on his team. He led by a whopping 82 points. Wait, 82? Yes, that's right. 59 higher than the difference between the top two defenseman on every other team.

[D] Danny DeYeeto (S67)

Saskatoon Wild

50 G | 95 A | 145 P | +117

I think the most impressive thing about DeYeeto is that he plays defense. Similar to Nikita Kucherov of the NHL's Tampa Bay Lightning, DeYeeto is the best player on the best team. Considering he was surrounded by so much talent, does he deserve to take home the MVP award? He led the greatest team in VHLM history in both goals and points. Regardless of the fact that there were 7 different players with 106 or more points for Saskatoon, his season will go down in the record books, and perhaps he deserves some recognition for it.

[RW] Jaxon Walker (S68)

Mexico City Kings

66 G | 68 A | 134 P | +54

Walker is almost single-handedly responsible for Mexico City's success. Unlike Saskatoon and Mississauga who had at least 4 players with 100 or more points, Mexico City only had two, one being Walker and the other being defenseman Omdahl. The difference between Saskatoon and Mississauga's top two forwards' point totals are 7 and 10 respectively, which is laughable when you compare it to the Kings' differential of 40 between Walker and the next closest forward. Walker led the league in goals with 66, which is could certainly draw some attention when the selection is finally made.

Honorable Mentions

[RW] Joakim Sakic (S68)

Ottawa Lynx

48 G | 84 A | 132 P | +24

In similar fashion to Walker, Sakic outscored the next highest forward on his team by 41 points. Without taking anything away from him, Sakic is a do it all player that is partially responsible for Glade Jr.'s success, but I just believe that Glade Jr. had the more impressive season between the two teammates simply because he's a defenseman.

[RW] Kris Rice (S69)

Mississauga Hounds

57 G | 80 A | 137 P | +41

Rice was the best playmaker on the Mississauga Hounds. With a team-high 80 assists, Rice had no problem with setting up anybody and everybody, but seemed to have formed a dominant connection with his linemate Patrik Tallinder. If it were to go to one of the two, I think it would be Rice simply because of the higher point total.

[LW] Patrik Tallinder (S69)

Mississauga Hounds

63 G | 64 A | 127 P | +36

Tallinder was one of the most elite shooters this season. Racking up 63 goals is nothing to take lightly. He established the top forward duo in the VHLM with Kris Rice, who I have just above Tallinder in the MVP race. While it's unlikely that Tallinder will be selected, he should still be in the conversation considering how great of a season he and Rice shared.

Players mentioned: @ShawnGlade @Cran @hewasajazzman @Gscx420 @Krice13 @Patrik Tallinder

573 words :) 

I don't wanna be arrogant about it, but Glade Jr drove both the offense and defense on a team that frankly didn't have support in either category. The 2nd highest scoring dman and the top dmen in defensive categories, i mean thats about as much you can get out of a two-way. I think DeYeeto wins DOTY just because im sure the committee values offensen more than defense (for whatever reason) but I feel like Walker will take MVP, again for some reason